Expired Freebies

McDonalds

Free McDonald's Clothing with UberEATS McDelivery Orders, EXTREMELY YMMV [July 26 Only]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2017 9:33 pm
Apr 17, 2015
332 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
azn0Richard0 wrote: You can only get merch if you order near a mcdonald mystery bench located somewhere generally downtown. Such misleading marketing...
Also defeats the ubereat aspect if you need to order near a specifically located bench since you got to located it and can't order out of the leisure of your office or home.
They have no time now, they need to clean the ice cream machine, there is news everywhere.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1712 posts
1789 upvotes
Toronto
Since Virgin Radio Toronto tweeted about it, I'm guessing the Toronto bench is around here:
Feb 6, 2007
509 posts
185 upvotes
Markham
I called McDonalds Canada and they are pointing their fingers at Uber. They said it's a US promotion and there is NO swag for Canadians at all.
Jun 24, 2015
251 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
so first time I ordered I waited half an hour and then it got cancelled and got a $20 credit code. reordered, waited for another half an hour and got charged "busy area" fee of $9.98 in the financial distract. NO MERCHANDISE. I'm super pissed.

Also, what's up with the bench when it's promoting delivery...
Last edited by cozyhug on Jul 26th, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 6, 2007
509 posts
185 upvotes
Markham
meepsheep wrote: Since Virgin Radio Toronto tweeted about it, I'm guessing the Toronto bench is around here:
I believe the bench is for a "Free" meal, no SWAG.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1712 posts
1789 upvotes
Toronto
i3kc wrote: I believe the bench is for a "Free" meal, no SWAG.
But their Twitter is promoting this: "There’ll be a #McDelivery Bench popping up in random locations throughout the city with delivery and a limited supply of swag. Look for it!"

Limited supply of "swag" which means there's the clothes involved. Either the guy on the phone [who said there isn't swag in Canada] lied or the Twitter account is bluffing entirely.
Feb 6, 2007
509 posts
185 upvotes
Markham
I called Uber about the "Misleading advertisement" and they promised to refund the purchase. At least they owned up to this.
Oct 10, 2006
766 posts
1302 upvotes
Ottawa
i3kc wrote: I called Uber about the "Misleading advertisement" and they promised to refund the purchase. At least they owned up to this.
I feel sorry for those Uber Eat drivers.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21191 posts
10652 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
damn was going to drive to the beach right now to get swag. I'm disappoint.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Oct 14, 2013
518 posts
361 upvotes
At least I got my meal for free with that code...what a fail..
Mar 2, 2010
474 posts
82 upvotes
frankwang1944 wrote: Just FYI, one twitter account( not McD_Canada) answered me, it's US only. So let them focus on #ICECREAMMACHINE, CLEAN THEM PLS.
They advertised it on one of the Toronto based news morning shows though
NNID/XBL/PSN/Steam/Game Center: VisitableElf
Apr 17, 2015
332 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Finally, uber support answered me, I tweeted to McD_Canada. They said it's based on "first come, first serve", I placed my order 11:03 am, they start from 11 am, how fast do I need to be? I don't believe everyone order from peanut plaza Mcdonald's near Finch & Don Mills. Anyway, we know it's a false advertising, at least they answered. Maybe I should ask uber to refund.
Nov 21, 2014
79 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
costabile wrote:

Sounds like High Park.
https://www.instagram.com/nimaderak/

One of the promoters snapped a shot of the bench and it seems to have a body of water in the background with the bench on a deck and sand. High park does not have such a thing near Grenadier Pond. Im guessing it is along lake Ontario somewhere by a beach.

Edit: Seems like the McBench is here. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/43%C2% ... -79.303644
Last edited by BlackShiraya on Jul 26th, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1174 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
BlackShiraya wrote: https://www.instagram.com/nimaderak/

One of the promoters snapped a shot of the bench and it seems to have a body of water in the background with the bench on a deck and sand. High park does not have such a thing near Grenadier Pond. Im guessing it is along lake Ontario somewhere by a beach.
Looks like Beaches near woodbine
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4507 posts
591 upvotes
Scarborough
frankwang1944 wrote: Finally, uber support answered me, I tweeted to McD_Canada. They said it's based on "first come, first serve", I placed my order 11:03 am, they start from 11 am, how fast do I need to be? I don't believe everyone order from peanut plaza Mcdonald's near Finch & Don Mills. Anyway, we know it's a false advertising, at least they answered. Maybe I should ask uber to refund.
I couldn't even send feedback on my order, I'll have to call later

Side note, it's always fun messing with drunk passengers doing a couple laps around the peanut
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b