Expired Hot Deals

McDonalds

Free Medium Coffee or Tea for all frontline healthcare and emergency service workers

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2022 11:38 am
Newbie
Dec 29, 2021
10 posts
107 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: 100% with ya on this. Most health care workers are compensated really really well in Canada. It's the sales associates and stockers making minimum wage who have to come to work or lose their jobs and unable to put food on the table that really could use this.
I am not sure about you but I am a nurse in B.C. and our hospitals are overwhelmed. A normal safe patient load is 3-5 per nurse depending on the patients acuity. Now its 7-10 patients and when we have to cover for a nurse to go on break (if we can even go on break) it becomes 14-20 patients. There has not been any compensation to fix the lack of break, the unpaid overtimes, high stress, mental and physical toll, and risk of exposure we face every day. That on top of how poor Metro Vancouver has been with plowing snow off the roads and the bad drivers out there, making our commute to and from work even more overwhelming. I am not saying nobody else should be appreciated for their efforts during the pandemic, if possible, I wish every person struggling through the pandemic should get their coffee but it is disappointing to see people say/agree to "would much rather see it going to...[other professions besides healthcare workers]" :(

Btw, our wages stayed the same since 2019, our insurance coverage stayed the same if not worse, and I am not entirely sure where the "really really compensated" is that you have mentioned.
Member
Jul 31, 2018
371 posts
180 upvotes
Back on this topic, what's the go-to tea you get at Mcdonald?
full time realtor + medical professional
Member
User avatar
Sep 20, 2015
243 posts
170 upvotes
The cows are everywh…
Dawnaa wrote: I am not sure about you but I am a nurse in B.C. and our hospitals are overwhelmed. A normal safe patient load is 3-5 per nurse depending on the patients acuity. Now its 7-10 patients and when we have to cover for a nurse to go on break (if we can even go on break) it becomes 14-20 patients. There has not been any compensation to fix the lack of break, the unpaid overtimes, high stress, mental and physical toll, and risk of exposure we face every day. That on top of how poor Metro Vancouver has been with plowing snow off the roads and the bad drivers out there, making our commute to and from work even more overwhelming. I am not saying nobody else should be appreciated for their efforts during the pandemic, if possible, I wish every person struggling through the pandemic should get their coffee but it is disappointing to see people say/agree to "would much rather see it going to...[other professions besides healthcare workers]" :(

Btw, our wages stayed the same since 2019, our insurance coverage stayed the same if not worse, and I am not entirely sure where the "really really compensated" is that you have mentioned.




Yea my wife's a nurse, I know at least 20+ nurses personally...who ever says they'd much rather it go to anyone doesn't know jack sh** about what nurses are going through.
signature removed for being inappropriate
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2015
2418 posts
2653 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So the 18 downvotes are because someone doesn't qualify for this deal :facepalm:
Newbie
Feb 25, 2019
41 posts
52 upvotes
BreadBagSeals wrote: How do I prove eligibility? My firetruck doesn't fit in the drive thru!
Honk Fire truck HOOOOORN !!
Sr. Member
Jul 9, 2019
663 posts
2553 upvotes
Smartchen wrote: So the 18 downvotes are because someone doesn't qualify for this deal :facepalm:
Could be security workers/grocery/retails store workers who deal with anti maskers every day. and are as much as frontline and essential as these nurses/healthcare employees at half the wage.
Member
User avatar
Sep 20, 2015
243 posts
170 upvotes
The cows are everywh…
Hahahapxl wrote: Could be security workers/grocery/retails store workers who deal with anti maskers every day. and are as much as frontline and essential as these nurses/healthcare employees at half the wage.
I didn't know that security guards, grocery workers, or retail store workers work next to covid patients, within 1 ft from them for 8-10 hrs a day, in closed door settings (I'm not making this up).

I agree they are essential, they keep the economy going, keep our fridges full, communities safe but in my opinion, at the end of the day, these nurses are face to face more than 8+ hours a day and have a higher chance of bringing covid home to their families than a grocery store worker. My source? It's happened to us (family of 4 with two kids under 4), her colleagues and our friends who are nurses.

I have family and friends who work as security guards, in retail, in gyms. I don't seem to hear of the same sort of problems that form them that the nurses are dealing with, daily...
signature removed for being inappropriate
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 10, 2008
1036 posts
1044 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I’m not a nurse, but seeing how overworked and demoralized my nurse friends are right now breaks my heart.

Kudos to all the nurses, hang in there and enjoy the coffees!
Member
User avatar
Sep 20, 2015
243 posts
170 upvotes
The cows are everywh…
Angel Girl wrote: I’m not a nurse, but seeing how overworked and demoralized my nurse friends are right now breaks my heart.

Kudos to all the nurses, hang in there and enjoy the coffees!


I unfortunately know of 6 nurses who have lost family to covid, ranging from age 17 - 87. The amount of pressure and fear in nurses to not bring any harm to their families during this time is something most people aren't aware of. One of the nurses who lost a brother (29, lived with her family) is now on stress leave and from what I've heard borderline suicidal because of how guilty she feels...

Nurses are paid well, but I don't think they had a crystal ball when they signed up for 4 years of education that would not have prepared them for a 2 year + pandemic. They became nurses to help people, became educated to ensure the doses are safe, correct, and not harmful. They learned how important empathy is in the health care setting. They deserve more pay than alot of you think.
signature removed for being inappropriate
Newbie
Sep 13, 2014
69 posts
12 upvotes
Oshawa, On
Can’t remember the last cop I saw pay for coffee.
Smile about it 😀
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2126 posts
1789 upvotes
Laval, QC
I am not qualified but upvoted for this deal and McDonalds
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1446 posts
714 upvotes
powers49 wrote: Can’t remember the last cop I saw pay for coffee.
A gun on their hip can be very intimidating. Here you go, it's free. Anything else you want for free? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 28, 2004
1344 posts
1059 upvotes
Toronto
Last day today? Disappointed But Relieved Face
Sr. Member
Jul 12, 2011
561 posts
237 upvotes
MARKHAM
So long sweet deal, I must have done this like 25-30 times. Disappointed Face
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2017
858 posts
1494 upvotes
Boomhauerr wrote: I didn't know that security guards, grocery workers, or retail store workers work next to covid patients, within 1 ft from them for 8-10 hrs a day, in closed door settings (I'm not making this up).

I agree they are essential, they keep the economy going, keep our fridges full, communities safe but in my opinion, at the end of the day, these nurses are face to face more than 8+ hours a day and have a higher chance of bringing covid home to their families than a grocery store worker. My source? It's happened to us (family of 4 with two kids under 4), her colleagues and our friends who are nurses.

I have family and friends who work as security guards, in retail, in gyms. I don't seem to hear of the same sort of problems that form them that the nurses are dealing with, daily...
The fact that your average person has to have this conversation with another person on the internet and its not about how our government is planning to support ALL these people is the failure. Driving a wedge down society helps people in power deflect blame and not have to do anything. Yall are arguing Apples and Oranges when the whole fruit basket is **** rotted.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)