Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Free refill with the purchase of any size hot premium roast coffee (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3318 posts
721 upvotes
tvisforme wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:12 am
I've always known it to be one refill, for in-store meals only, in the Vancouver area. I've never encountered a situation where I was refused a refill. The same applies for soft drinks.
When I worked at McDonald’s in the 1990s, free refills were unlimited. If you worked lobby, sometimes you went around with a pot of coffee offering refills.

I don’t go to McDonald’s very often, but I notice her restaurants in Vancouver and the area do seem to offer free refills still.
May 17, 2019
27 posts
52 upvotes
I've spent plenty of morning at micky D's, and have always got free refills. I'm in Timmins.
Jun 6, 2011
105 posts
184 upvotes
Hamilton
dayimziah wrote:
May 21st, 2019 4:36 am
So you can refill only if you're inside the restaurant? What if you leave and come back. I am a driver so I always keep coming back to the same restaurant for my coffee. Would I be able to get a free refill after leaving? I see this sign in that restaurant too.
Just depends if they really keep track of who comes and goes - or if your cup is already soaked in that looks like it has been reused over and over again.
I do believe it’s a practice that’s highly discouraged once you leave the premise. For instance, the McD that is hosted in our local Walmart has a clear sign that says they happily offer free refills if you stay in the restaurant, but once you leave (even to walk in Walmart) refills are no longer offered. Granted - it comes down to whether they actually notice you leave in the first place and have that good of a memory, but it’s kind of where you draw the line on the honour system.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1345 posts
285 upvotes
LCD does this because they are countering Tim's reward copy cat 7 get 1 free rewards.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
May 12, 2018
25 posts
10 upvotes
Greenwood, nova Scotia has free refill sign on top of muffin / cookie showcase, but will not refìll if you leave and come back, if they remember you.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18380 posts
6468 upvotes
Toronto
Balduno wrote:
May 21st, 2019 6:06 am
When I worked at McDonald’s in the 1990s, free refills were unlimited. If you worked lobby, sometimes you went around with a pot of coffee offering refills.

I don’t go to McDonald’s very often, but I notice her restaurants in Vancouver and the area do seem to offer free refills still.
Free refills is store dependent. I have been to those where managers would be doing the rounds and would ask if I wanted more coffee. They would take my cup and get the refill for me. These restaurants would be super clean as well because the managers run a tight ship. A couple of years ago, I visited downtown Vancouver and saw a lot of homeless people using cups that were so heavily used that I don't think they hold liquid anymore. Sort of disgustingly dirty to take soiled cups to the counter. Then there is the other end of the spectrum where the restaurant explicitly says we don't offer free refills period (Highglen and Marham for example).
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Aug 21, 2011
749 posts
407 upvotes
Whitby
Gunz13 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:10 pm
Hasn't it always been like that?
Yes they used to but I saw a similar display at Warden and Lawrence last month where it said we're no longer doing refills, if I remember the date was Fall 2017. That being said, last week I saw this refill display at a McD in Whitby North. So YMMV I guess.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Dec 12, 2014
278 posts
183 upvotes
Montréal, QC
In Montreal, their coffee taste isn't really consistant. Sometimes it taste diluted(water), too acid, burned, etc. But when it's good, for the price, it really is.
May 7, 2017
115 posts
169 upvotes
McDonald’s really seems to be trying to maximize revenue on their coffee now. My local store has prices higher than Tim Hortons and the cheap senior coffee is now replaced with 20% off any size.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1652 posts
143 upvotes
Victoria
tvisforme wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:12 am
I've always known it to be one refill, for in-store meals only, in the Vancouver area. I've never encountered a situation where I was refused a refill. The same applies for soft drinks.
Aren't all the soft drinks self serve? i dont think anyone will know if a refill is performed.

i refilled a coffee last week with no problems. victoria. i did not realize they no longer exist.
Jul 12, 2017
37 posts
49 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
May 21st, 2019 6:06 am
I dont ever recall McDonalds selling coffee in the 1990s. McDonalds started serving McCafé coffee here in Canada in 2011. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCafé

What were you serving to customers in the 90s?
Nov 24, 2012
734 posts
477 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
morty420 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:24 pm
I dont ever recall McDonalds selling coffee in the 1990s. McDonalds started serving McCafé coffee here in Canada in 2011. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCafé

I cannot recall a time when McDonald's did not have coffee on the menu, going back to the 70s. The McCafé launch was (IIRC) about introducing specialty beverages in addition to regular coffee and tea.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3318 posts
721 upvotes
morty420 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:24 pm

Brewed coffee.

I remember a seniors coffee cost 35 cents.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5475 posts
382 upvotes
Gerrard square (pape/Gerrard) had a little sign up saying no free refills due to increased cost. I believe it was put up over 2 years ago.

If this is implemented chain wide, that'd be awesome
Images
  • giphy.gif