Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Free refill with the purchase of any size hot premium roast coffee (YMMV?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2173 posts
893 upvotes
B.C.
dayimziah wrote:
May 21st, 2019 4:36 am
So you can refill only if you're inside the restaurant? What if you leave and come back. I am a driver so I always keep coming back to the same restaurant for my coffee. Would I be able to get a free refill after leaving? I see this sign in that restaurant too.
If you don't look like you're going to scare away all the customers and OD in their washroom I'm sure they'll give you a free refill.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2694 posts
1292 upvotes
Montreal
I've never been refused a coffee refill in montreal for this lifetime...
Jun 15, 2018
491 posts
155 upvotes
Been this way for years.

The mall beside my work the cheap ass seniors would even save their cups and bring them back the next day to get the free refills.
Nov 27, 2014
7 posts
10 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Anybody know when the free coffee physical card with stickers will be discontinued and replaced completely with the mobile app?
Jul 23, 2007
888 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Refill every minute for 24 hours a day until promo ran out
Nov 9, 2013
683 posts
764 upvotes
Scarborough
meredithtaylor wrote:
May 20th, 2019 11:25 pm
My closest McD's recently put up a giant red sign saying they don't offer refills. But the free refills were definitely a norm before.
I've seen many that did that as well. It's very likely because of regulars who would go in daily and abuse the free refill offer by maybe buying one small coffee in the morning and staying in there all day and keep on going and asking for refills. Imagine how much that must have added up over the years.

There's even some real cheapos seen that bring their old dried up nasty coffee cups from home in their purse or a bag and shamelessly take them out and go to try and get a refill with that! Pathetic. Over a coffee that can be bought for under a couple of bucks and give you all the refills you could have.

I once saw at the location outside Gerrard Square in Toronto a staff member at the counter very angrily admonish some old guy over the refill policy! Must have had enough of guys like that who would likely come in every day and keep on doing the same thing with them over and over again until they got fed up with them and told them they weren't having anymore of that.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1574 posts
451 upvotes
it's the old retired folks that get all this benefit. Who has time to sit around at MCD all day to get free refills.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1189 posts
200 upvotes
Bedford
xpressmerchant wrote:
May 21st, 2019 9:01 pm
it's the old retired folks that get all this benefit. Who has time to sit around at MCD all day to get free refills.
Get off my lawn kiddo!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5470 posts
376 upvotes
To be fair, I think one refill is good.

Iirc, taco bell offers refill and when they do, the staff would scribble the bottom with a perm marker.
Jun 22, 2017
55 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto/Kingston
Strafe1 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 8:22 pm
I've seen many that did that as well. It's very likely because of regulars who would go in daily and abuse the free refill offer by maybe buying one small coffee in the morning and staying in there all day and keep on going and asking for refills. Imagine how much that must have added up over the years.

There's even some real cheapos seen that bring their old dried up nasty coffee cups from home in their purse or a bag and shamelessly take them out and go to try and get a refill with that! Pathetic. Over a coffee that can be bought for under a couple of bucks and give you all the refills you could have.

I once saw at the location outside Gerrard Square in Toronto a staff member at the counter very angrily admonish some old guy over the refill policy! Must have had enough of guys like that who would likely come in every day and keep on doing the same thing with them over and over again until they got fed up with them and told them they weren't having anymore of that.
The location I was referring to draws a lot of people from... um well not so great financial circumstances... I've seen more than a few instances where they've taken a cup that someone threw out in the garbage outside the store and brought it inside for a "refill".
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1746 posts
1321 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not sure but it seems like you always get free refill coffee in store
Oct 26, 2016
155 posts
79 upvotes
daviiiiiid wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:35 pm
I've never been refused a coffee refill in montreal for this lifetime...
I can validate this Thumbs Up SignThumbs Up Sign I sometimes need the receipt though
Jul 23, 2007
888 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
In stay inside mc Donald to keep keep filling and re filling
Nov 16, 2006
168 posts
16 upvotes
If the McDonald’s is owned by a franchisor then chances are no free refills and actually charge $1 to refill. The McDonald’s at Derry and Tomken does this.