Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Free refill with the purchase of any size hot premium roast coffee (YMMV?)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2019 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2347 posts
1043 upvotes
B.C.
dayimziah wrote: So you can refill only if you're inside the restaurant? What if you leave and come back. I am a driver so I always keep coming back to the same restaurant for my coffee. Would I be able to get a free refill after leaving? I see this sign in that restaurant too.
If you don't look like you're going to scare away all the customers and OD in their washroom I'm sure they'll give you a free refill.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2782 posts
1432 upvotes
Montreal
I've never been refused a coffee refill in montreal for this lifetime...
Sr. Member
Jun 15, 2018
797 posts
315 upvotes
Been this way for years.

The mall beside my work the cheap ass seniors would even save their cups and bring them back the next day to get the free refills.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2014
12 posts
16 upvotes
Whitby Ont
Anybody know when the free coffee physical card with stickers will be discontinued and replaced completely with the mobile app?
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
Refill every minute for 24 hours a day until promo ran out
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 9, 2013
967 posts
1095 upvotes
Scarborough
meredithtaylor wrote: My closest McD's recently put up a giant red sign saying they don't offer refills. But the free refills were definitely a norm before.
I've seen many that did that as well. It's very likely because of regulars who would go in daily and abuse the free refill offer by maybe buying one small coffee in the morning and staying in there all day and keep on going and asking for refills. Imagine how much that must have added up over the years.

There's even some real cheapos seen that bring their old dried up nasty coffee cups from home in their purse or a bag and shamelessly take them out and go to try and get a refill with that! Pathetic. Over a coffee that can be bought for under a couple of bucks and give you all the refills you could have.

I once saw at the location outside Gerrard Square in Toronto a staff member at the counter very angrily admonish some old guy over the refill policy! Must have had enough of guys like that who would likely come in every day and keep on doing the same thing with them over and over again until they got fed up with them and told them they weren't having anymore of that.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2006
1886 posts
640 upvotes
it's the old retired folks that get all this benefit. Who has time to sit around at MCD all day to get free refills.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1296 posts
276 upvotes
Bedford
xpressmerchant wrote: it's the old retired folks that get all this benefit. Who has time to sit around at MCD all day to get free refills.
Get off my lawn kiddo!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2005
5589 posts
508 upvotes
To be fair, I think one refill is good.

Iirc, taco bell offers refill and when they do, the staff would scribble the bottom with a perm marker.
Jr. Member
Jun 22, 2017
113 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto/Kingston
Strafe1 wrote: I've seen many that did that as well. It's very likely because of regulars who would go in daily and abuse the free refill offer by maybe buying one small coffee in the morning and staying in there all day and keep on going and asking for refills. Imagine how much that must have added up over the years.

There's even some real cheapos seen that bring their old dried up nasty coffee cups from home in their purse or a bag and shamelessly take them out and go to try and get a refill with that! Pathetic. Over a coffee that can be bought for under a couple of bucks and give you all the refills you could have.

I once saw at the location outside Gerrard Square in Toronto a staff member at the counter very angrily admonish some old guy over the refill policy! Must have had enough of guys like that who would likely come in every day and keep on doing the same thing with them over and over again until they got fed up with them and told them they weren't having anymore of that.
The location I was referring to draws a lot of people from... um well not so great financial circumstances... I've seen more than a few instances where they've taken a cup that someone threw out in the garbage outside the store and brought it inside for a "refill".
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2015
1862 posts
1378 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not sure but it seems like you always get free refill coffee in store
Member
Oct 26, 2016
227 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
daviiiiiid wrote: I've never been refused a coffee refill in montreal for this lifetime...
I can validate this Thumbs Up SignThumbs Up Sign I sometimes need the receipt though
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
In stay inside mc Donald to keep keep filling and re filling
Jr. Member
Nov 16, 2006
178 posts
21 upvotes
If the McDonald’s is owned by a franchisor then chances are no free refills and actually charge $1 to refill. The McDonald’s at Derry and Tomken does this.

Top