Free small fry with any $1+ purchase, today (2/18) only

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2022 4:38 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1992 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver
No. They charge on the the brown paper bag you take your order away in. It's a new bylaw here in Vancouver, where we're doing away with plastic bags and you can have a paper bag at a charge (minimum of $0.15, will be $0.25 in 2023). They also make us pay $0.25 for our coffee cups. And started also started charging us recycling fee + deposit for our milk cartons/jugs -- we already were recycling cartons/jugs, but the powers that be need to somehow make money off it, I suppose. All-in-all it's just more punishment for living on the Best Coast.
supremekai wrote: Is there a charge for the box/bag the burger/fries/nuggets come in too?!?
Jun 15, 2021
819 posts
710 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: $1 medium coffee is not an offer, add it through the hot drinks menu in the app then use the free fries offer

Medium size McCafé Premium Roast hot coffee OR medium iced coffee $1, Latte + Cappucino $2 via the app
Good catch. Only through the app though? I'd rather not have my credit card info in the app
WTS 10GB ESIM Canadian data valid for 30 days from activation
May 14, 2016
10 posts
5 upvotes
I use apple pay when buying food off the McD app. Would not put cc info on any app if I can avoid it.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
MrBungal wrote: Good catch. Only through the app though? I'd rather not have my credit card info in the app
No. Your can use this offer in the restaurant. The 4 digit offer code can be used at the drive-thru or scan the QR code at the self-order kiosk and front counter.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2174 posts
829 upvotes
Scarborough
BooR4dL3y wrote: No. They charge on the the brown paper bag you take your order away in. It's a new bylaw here in Vancouver, where we're doing away with plastic bags and you can have a paper bag at a charge (minimum of $0.15, will be $0.25 in 2023). They also make us pay $0.25 for our coffee cups. And started also started charging us recycling fee + deposit for our milk cartons/jugs -- we already were recycling cartons/jugs, but the powers that be need to somehow make money off it, I suppose. All-in-all it's just more punishment for living on the Best Coast.
Wow. I don't get why there's a charge on PAPER bags, which could be recycled/composted....

Well I guess i just gave them the idea of also charging for the boxes use for burgers/nuggets/fries etc.

Next they goning to put a charge on blank paper, etc...
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Jul 17, 2017
154 posts
68 upvotes
BC
BooR4dL3y wrote: No. They charge on the the brown paper bag you take your order away in. It's a new bylaw here in Vancouver, where we're doing away with plastic bags and you can have a paper bag at a charge (minimum of $0.15, will be $0.25 in 2023). They also make us pay $0.25 for our coffee cups. And started also started charging us recycling fee + deposit for our milk cartons/jugs -- we already were recycling cartons/jugs, but the powers that be need to somehow make money off it, I suppose. All-in-all it's just more punishment for living on the Best Coast.
Not sure about the recycling fee for milk cartons as I believe it is only a deposit, but the idea is to create an incentive to recycle for those items. If you have to recycle it to get the deposit back, the idea is you are more likely to recycle it.
May 30, 2017
674 posts
459 upvotes
Baked apple pie for $1.39 and small fries isn't a bad deal
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
arcty5 wrote: Baked apple pie for $1.39 and small fries isn't a bad deal
2 baked apple pies for $1.79 and small fries is a better deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Destiny is all
Apr 3, 2017
147 posts
102 upvotes
Next promo = FREE 1 sachet of ketchup with $1 purchase
May 30, 2017
674 posts
459 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: 2 baked apple pies for $1.79 and small fries is a better deal Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Damn that is haha but man that's a lot of calories Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 25, 2001
855 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
arcty5 wrote: Damn that is haha but man that's a lot of calories Face With Tears Of Joy
0 apple pies is even less calories.

Or get 2 and save one for tomorrow, or treat a friend.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
2358 posts
772 upvotes
arcty5 wrote: Baked apple pie for $1.39 and small fries isn't a bad deal
I don't know prices vary so much by region, here they charge $1.99 for small fries. Thumbs down.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13513 upvotes
supremekai wrote: Wow. I don't get why there's a charge on PAPER bags, which could be recycled/composted....

Well I guess i just gave them the idea of also charging for the boxes use for burgers/nuggets/fries etc.

Next they goning to put a charge on blank paper, etc...
It's just one of those charge on anything because reasons things. Rich getting richer and all that, along with them guvment, all in on it together.

To avoid these fees looks like you have to just collect everything in your hands--put 'em out and have them dump 6 hot nuggets on your palms, add a Big Mac, top with fries and then spray you with the soda fountain :lol: In fact people should make videos of this to show just how stupid it really is.