Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Free strawberry pie with any purchase [App][National wide]

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2019 10:35 am
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
I don't see the Free Strawberry Pie offer on my mobile app anymore even though I didn't redeem it. What gives? Did McDonald's discontinue the promo prematurely? It was supposed to run until Sunday like all the other offers. I'm in the GTA. I checked like five different McDonald's in my area and none of them have this offer in their offers section.

McDonald's or the individual franchises might be getting more stingy? On McDonald's official website apparently you can get a bagel sandwich for $2.99 + tax. But in the app it says $3.49 + tax. Perhaps because I have a history of ordering bagel breakfast sandwiches at the $2.99 price point and now they want to jack up the price on me. And I'm missing two other offers as well.
Newbie
May 22, 2014
82 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've found a loophole. If you add the code or $10 of items (order doesn't matter) just remove the $10 of items and It'll think you have $10 in basket and just give you the pie for free. Works for the Junior Chicken offer as well. I'm not sure if this works in your area, this was tested at the Scarborough Woodside Square location. YMMV
Jr. Member
Apr 14, 2018
120 posts
138 upvotes
NEETtrader wrote: I don't see the Free Strawberry Pie offer on my mobile app anymore even though I didn't redeem it. What gives? Did McDonald's discontinue the promo prematurely? It was supposed to run until Sunday like all the other offers. I'm in the GTA. I checked like five different McDonald's in my area and none of them have this offer in their offers section.

McDonald's or the individual franchises might be getting more stingy? On McDonald's official website apparently you can get a bagel sandwich for $2.99 + tax. But in the app it says $3.49 + tax. Perhaps because I have a history of ordering bagel breakfast sandwiches at the $2.99 price point and now they want to jack up the price on me. And I'm missing two other offers as well.
Same, was planning on getting it today but the offer disappeared. Instead I only have a free medium fountain drink with the purchase of $1 or more.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9751 posts
2395 upvotes
I had it today, I liked it, thought it was quite yummy.
Member
Jun 27, 2017
258 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa
burnSMACKER wrote: I was about to go and just saw it disappeared!
My offer is gone as well. I was going to go tomorrow morning.
Jr. Member
Mar 12, 2017
127 posts
59 upvotes
TheCheapCDN wrote: My offer is gone as well. I was going to go tomorrow morning.
I wonder if maybe the franchises are running out of strawberry pie and that's why they took the offer down. Since in the fine little print McDonald's says that they reserve the right to cancel offers at any time. And franchises can choose to opt-out of these promotions. So it could be franchise-specific opting out (though I tried 5 different franchises near me and none of them have the offer anymore).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
1911 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouveresque
The offer was gone for me today as well in BC.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 9, 2013
995 posts
1198 upvotes
Scarborough
Disappeared on the app here as well.
Member
Jun 20, 2010
378 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Just checked and I still got it here in BC.
Newbie
Jun 5, 2011
38 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
gonzo here too. in Ontario. WTF. was planning to get it today or tomorrow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
2694 posts
1031 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: I hope they don't cancel the apps coupon early, like they did to the spicy fries coupon.
I called it.....
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 11, 2019
58 posts
120 upvotes
Offer is back again! At least in ON.

Says it expires in 2 days, but who really knows any more.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2144 posts
1411 upvotes
St. Catharines
Ballmer wrote: Offer is back again! At least in ON.

Says it expires in 2 days, but who really knows any more.
It's a mobile only offer now too. No option to Scan at restaurant

Top