Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Free strawberry pie with any purchase [App][National wide]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2019 10:35 am
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
77 upvotes
I don't see the Free Strawberry Pie offer on my mobile app anymore even though I didn't redeem it. What gives? Did McDonald's discontinue the promo prematurely? It was supposed to run until Sunday like all the other offers. I'm in the GTA. I checked like five different McDonald's in my area and none of them have this offer in their offers section.

McDonald's or the individual franchises might be getting more stingy? On McDonald's official website apparently you can get a bagel sandwich for $2.99 + tax. But in the app it says $3.49 + tax. Perhaps because I have a history of ordering bagel breakfast sandwiches at the $2.99 price point and now they want to jack up the price on me. And I'm missing two other offers as well.
May 22, 2014
243 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've found a loophole. If you add the code or $10 of items (order doesn't matter) just remove the $10 of items and It'll think you have $10 in basket and just give you the pie for free. Works for the Junior Chicken offer as well. I'm not sure if this works in your area, this was tested at the Scarborough Woodside Square location. YMMV
Apr 14, 2018
230 posts
303 upvotes
NEETtrader wrote: I don't see the Free Strawberry Pie offer on my mobile app anymore even though I didn't redeem it. What gives? Did McDonald's discontinue the promo prematurely? It was supposed to run until Sunday like all the other offers. I'm in the GTA. I checked like five different McDonald's in my area and none of them have this offer in their offers section.

McDonald's or the individual franchises might be getting more stingy? On McDonald's official website apparently you can get a bagel sandwich for $2.99 + tax. But in the app it says $3.49 + tax. Perhaps because I have a history of ordering bagel breakfast sandwiches at the $2.99 price point and now they want to jack up the price on me. And I'm missing two other offers as well.
Same, was planning on getting it today but the offer disappeared. Instead I only have a free medium fountain drink with the purchase of $1 or more.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
I had it today, I liked it, thought it was quite yummy.
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
burnSMACKER wrote: I was about to go and just saw it disappeared!
My offer is gone as well. I was going to go tomorrow morning.
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
77 upvotes
TheCheapCDN wrote: My offer is gone as well. I was going to go tomorrow morning.
I wonder if maybe the franchises are running out of strawberry pie and that's why they took the offer down. Since in the fine little print McDonald's says that they reserve the right to cancel offers at any time. And franchises can choose to opt-out of these promotions. So it could be franchise-specific opting out (though I tried 5 different franchises near me and none of them have the offer anymore).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
The offer was gone for me today as well in BC.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
Disappeared on the app here as well.
Jun 5, 2011
38 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
gonzo here too. in Ontario. WTF. was planning to get it today or tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
beachlover wrote: I hope they don't cancel the apps coupon early, like they did to the spicy fries coupon.
I called it.....
Jan 11, 2019
99 posts
180 upvotes
Offer is back again! At least in ON.

Says it expires in 2 days, but who really knows any more.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2637 posts
2979 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Ballmer wrote: Offer is back again! At least in ON.

Says it expires in 2 days, but who really knows any more.
It's a mobile only offer now too. No option to Scan at restaurant
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
77 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote: It's a mobile only offer now too. No option to Scan at restaurant
I hate it when they do that. Because what happens if you order a Strawberry Pie and they are out of Strawberry Pie? Then they'll offer you an Apple Pie as a less sexy substitution. lol.
McDonald's has had mobile ordering for 2 years and they still don't have their shit together.
It's rare that I ever order from a pizzeria online and they are ever out of something. Because pizzerias have perfected supply management since online ordering for pizza has been a thing for a very long time.
I make personal notes of which franchises tend to run out of stuff often whenever I make a mobile order. Because I hate playing the substitution or refund game. If you want a refund for a mobile order, you have to go through corporate I believe so I just take the subs. (I don't share these ****-ups with corporate since I don't want to be that guy. I know that franchises are having it rough and I imagine that employee morale at McDonald's locations in the GTA is very low being paid $14/hr when rent, auto insurance, health care, etc. is expensive. McDonald's employees tend to have better morale than Tim Horton's though at least)
The QR scanner at the register doesn't even always work too at some franchises with the app offers. They have major issues to work out with their app. Their app is very buggy too. I can be at a location with GPS enabled and it'll say "oops you're not there yet" at some places where the GPS signal may not be as strong. Like at a McDonald's in Wal-Mart. And lots of people have reported having their McDonald's Canada accounts hacked (either they are reusing passwords or have easy to bruteforce passwords). Their app has no bruteforce protection. No temporary lockout after numerous failed attempts.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
WTF, offer was there an hour ago, but free drink offer gone. Now I'm in McDonald's, it's gone again. Ridiculous....day is coming when a loophole will exist to beat them big time, and this will help me justify taking advantage of.