Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Mailer Coupons (Aug 27/28/Sep 4 to Oct 7/9/14, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2018 6:44 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
velomane wrote: I key in the code when using a kiosk. I've never had a problem with that.
Yes.....if you read the post, the recognition of the coupon was not the issue. It was moving forward to add to cart where the kiosk would not allow me to proceed.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
lennyandcarl wrote: 55780673620__04135DC1-FE21-46D6-B5B4-F81423567746.JPG

I'm ready!
Always makes me wonder. If you take these coupons and go up to the cashier to pay for them, they take the coupons off your hand.

But if you go to a kiosk, you can scan or type the code for the same coupon over and over again.....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
I just take picture of the coupon bar codes, and scan them in off my phone

save me the trouble of carrying stacks of coupons
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
Temporel wrote: Could people report when the coupons start arriving in mailboxes by province to know when to look for them?

TIA.
BC, today.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
EasyCompany251 wrote: Printed out the coupon and tried using it at a kiosk - didn't work. The kiosk would allow me to scan and recognized the coupon but when I clicked add to order, nothing happened. Seems like they may not have updated their kiosks with these coupons. I used the $3.99 bagel BLT combo/value meal coupon.

The cashier was able to push the transaction through though. Props to her.
IIRC, the bagel BLT coupon is a new one and has likely not been input into the kiosk(s) yet.

Glad to hear the cashier helped you out and hope she alerted her manager to get the issue escalated and resolved for future customers/orders.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1831 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the PDF version
Don’t see the mailer coupon come in mail yet
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
EasyCompany251 wrote: Always makes me wonder. If you take these coupons and go up to the cashier to pay for them, they take the coupons off your hand.

But if you go to a kiosk, you can scan or type the code for the same coupon over and over again.....
You can also show the digital coupon on your phone an unlimited amount of times.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1314 posts
399 upvotes
Winnipeg
This or If u got a buddy that works there who can hook you up with 50% off your purchases.
Winking Face
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25737 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: Could people report when the coupons start arriving in mailboxes by province to know when to look for them?

Coupons, valid from Sept. 4th, arrived in Montréal today, Sept. 5th.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote: 55780673620__04135DC1-FE21-46D6-B5B4-F81423567746.JPG

I'm ready!
Nice to have a bunch of the physical ones, but you do know you can also just print them or even show them on your phone these days from the .pdf, right?

Whether the cashier takes a physical original or printed coupon from you or not, they are technically unlimited use coupons.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25737 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: Nice to have a bunch of the physical ones, but you do know you can also just print them or even show them on your phone these days from the .pdf, right? Whether the cashier takes a physical original or printed coupon from you or not, they are technically unlimited use coupons.
I wonder why they still print on the back of the coupon "Coupon may not be copied or duplicated in any way"?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
ES_Revenge wrote: Nice to have a bunch of the physical ones, but you do know you can also just print them or even show them on your phone these days from the .pdf, right?

Whether the cashier takes a physical original or printed coupon from you or not, they are technically unlimited use coupons.
If you use your phone via the app or directly from McD's website, it will take you to the mobile McD's site where you select your province and you can select whatever coupon you wish without the need for the PDFs. Those coupons show the same bar code and code number as the PDF coupons.

Temporel wrote: I wonder why they still print on the back of the coupon "Coupon may not be copied or duplicated in any way"?
I think those coupons go way back and they just kept the fine print in place, even though they can be downloaded/printed from McD's website or used digitally through the app/mobile site nowadays.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
ES_Revenge wrote: Nice to have a bunch of the physical ones, but you do know you can also just print them or even show them on your phone these days from the .pdf, right?

The local McDonalds have issues with coupons and mobile offers. I think I may be the only person in the city that uses either! Last coupon round they banned printed coupons. They occasionally like to randomly deny mobile offers too with made up reasons - one time they used instructions for redeeming the offer at the kiosk to deny it's use at the drive through.

It's not like when I lived in Toronto and every second person was using a coupon and they DGAF about it. They'll inspect them front and back too (I don't know why since all they need to do is scan the coupon...)

I'm also not planning on using them all and just wanted the photo OP at my buildings recycling bin by the mailboxes Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 5, 2005
492 posts
245 upvotes
They ain't accepting those printouts at McD. They can't scan the codes and yeah I guess its to hard for them too read the scan numbers, it's mainly the franchise places
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25737 upvotes
Montreal
$n00ker wrote: They ain't accepting those printouts at McD. They can't scan the codes and yeah I guess its to hard for them too read the scan numbers, it's mainly the franchise places
Try just showing the coupon on your phone.
Aug 5, 2005
492 posts
245 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Try just showing the coupon on your phone.
Will that still works since the printouts from the phone they say they don't have to accept. I would love if McD would show where all their franchise stores are at, I don't like going to the franchise ones with their higher prices than the coop
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Feb 20, 2012
560 posts
467 upvotes
KITCHENER
Just use the kiosk and choose "enter by hand". Load the picture on your phone and enter the code.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
I don’t eat at McDonald’s anymore, so I was wondering about the all day breakfast.

Are the breakfast bagel sandwiches available all day? I’m interested in trying the BLT one, and it looks like it’s available 2 for 1 with the coupon.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
$n00ker wrote: They ain't accepting those printouts at McD. They can't scan the codes and yeah I guess its to hard for them too read the scan numbers, it's mainly the franchise places
I see that you have a thread about this topic in the Shopping Discussion forum, so I'll keep my questions short.

You say that the location in question accepts physical mailer coupons from the mail but would not accept a printed copy from the link in the main posting nor digital mobile coupons via the website or the app, correct?

When you spoke with the franchisee after getting refused through the drive thru, did you go inside and attempt to input the code into the kiosk as @Unraveller (thanks) instructed in post #78?

1. If you did and were successful, my reply to her would be why are these non-working codes working in her kiosk but not on her POS machines?
  2. If you did and were not successful, it sounds like that location has decided to only take physical mailer coupons.

If the kiosk works and, since a kiosk purchase using a CC or GC does not require a coupon to be given to a worker at a POS machine, that's likely the only option you may have at that location. Unfortunately, that will mean no drive thru and you'll have to step in the restaurant. That may be the franchisee's plan - if you want convenience using their drive thru, physical mailer coupons or no deal but if you're okay walking in and using the kiosk, anything goes.

Sorry, guess they weren't so short. :)

PS. I don't work at McD's but I do observe the workers as they take my orders with physical mailer coupons, digital mailer coupons via the app and app deals when I do go. App deals require scanning or input of code and the system automatically figures out the deal/discount. When I provide the worker with a physical or digital mailer coupon, I notice that they seem to select the offer from their POS screen and do not type in the promo code. I'm nearly 100% certain, as I've had a few instances where I gave the 2 for $7 sandwich coupon and they ring it through as BOGO (it used to be BOGO in AB before they changed it to the 2 for $7 pricing) out of habit. If they input the code on the coupon into the POS machine, those instances would have charged me $7 plus tax for my order instead of $5.XX.

$n00ker wrote: I would love if McD would show where all their franchise stores are at, I don't like going to the franchise ones with their higher prices than the coop
It would probably be easier for them to list their corporate locations:
Today, there are almost 37,000 McDonald’s restaurants around the world — more than 1,400 of them in Canada, about 85 per cent of which are locally owned and operated by independent entrepreneurs.
Source: https://franchisecanada.cfa.ca/iconic-b ... ds-canada/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)