• Dec 18th, 2019 2:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17416 posts
4220 upvotes
Toronto
Just as a quick note: I showed my MCD's the coupon on my Phone and they said its fine.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20673 posts
14503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rraannddoo wrote: From my knowledge they aren't that strict with coupons...
deal_with_singh wrote: Just as a quick note: I showed my MCD's the coupon on my Phone and they said its fine.
That hardly makes it legal or ethical.

Rationalize it any way you like. If you knowingly paid with a fake $5 bill and they accepted it, you'd still be guilty of passing counterfeit currency even if the crime went undetected. Just because in this case it's coupons rather than government currency doesn't make you any less guilty of committing a criminal offence.
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: That hardly makes it legal or ethical.

Rationalize it any way you like. If you knowingly paid with a fake $5 bill and they accepted it, you'd still be guilty of passing counterfeit currency even if the crime went undetected. Just because in this case it's coupons rather than government currency doesn't make you any less guilty of committing a criminal offence.
agree
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: So if I use these coupons.... the person that made them gets arrested?
If you use these coupons, and you knowingly know that these coupons are fraudulent, then you are also committing fraud.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1449 posts
354 upvotes
Is it really that much trouble to do a real survey to give them something in return? Wow.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4307 upvotes
dtrader69 wrote: agree

If you use these coupons, and you knowingly know that these coupons are fraudulent, then you are also committing fraud.
Are the ones posted in this thread fakes?
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1630 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: So if I use these coupons.... the person that made them gets arrested?
bylo wrote: If you use these coupons, especially if you "photoshop" the coupon/restaurant code, you are committing fraud. Whether or not you get arrested is a secondary issue, i.e. when you steal something you have committed theft, whether or not you get arrested.
dtrader69 wrote: agree

DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Are the ones posted in this thread fakes?
i believe that was already covered....if you use the ones that were photoshopped.
Jan 18, 2008
150 posts
19 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Just as a quick note: I showed my MCD's the coupon on my Phone and they said its fine.
I tried that before @ the yonge / eglinton location and they rejected it.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2305 posts
1298 upvotes
It's really an endless cycle of coupons because every time you buy with the coupon, you get to do another survey. I've already done it 3 times. So there really any reason to use fake coupons. But I just love all this unethical morality talk coming from people who probably download music and pirate software too. I guess you can pick your battles all you want.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20673 posts
14503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
whoa-albert wrote: I just love all this unethical morality talk coming from people who probably download music and pirate software too.
I doubt you'll find anyone on RFD (or elsewhere) who is 100% ethical, 100% of the time. But just because we all act unethically in some situations shouldn't give anyone license to act unethically whenever they find it convenient. The point in raising these issues with respect to the MCD's coupons is simply to encourage people to think twice before they act.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2305 posts
1298 upvotes
The problem is, the people who would use these fake coupons are more than likely to do other unethical "conveniences" including this one still. There's really no point in discouraging these types of people. I also just don't like speaking of ethics on an online forum when it's really subjective. I think most people can agree to that on a certain extent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9478 posts
2012 upvotes
Somewhere
Sexcellent fred.
Rated 5 stars.
Thanks OP.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9487 posts
556 upvotes
Markham
iEyeCaptain wrote: Sexcellent fred.
Rated 5 stars.
Thanks OP.
np, I'm glad this is still working. Hope you don't die from all the heart attacks though.
:lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
lol was thinking about using it but now having doubts can i get arrested for this if they find out!? :|