Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10008 posts
1067 upvotes
Vancouver
yo2boy wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:47 pm
Can you explain?
My apologies. I assumed everyone received the coupons.
Feb 16, 2019
22 posts
21 upvotes
It's BOGO in Winnipeg for Mcmuffin and bagel sandwiches. Chalk one up for the murder capital ;)
Apr 18, 2008
898 posts
276 upvotes
Mississauga
abshahul wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 12:38 pm
McD has been good with me so far, last week I ordered a soy cappuccino, after waiting for my order to be ready for like 5 mins they said only Almond is available, I said Ok. After a minute I was told they ran out of Almond too, so is 2% OK, I am lactose intolerant so he said he will refund. The guy also gave me 3 filled up rewards card and an Apple danish as compensation.
When did McCafe get soy and almond milk? I thought it was just 2% or skim milk and I can't even find milk customization in the app for their espresso drinks.
Feb 6, 2013
443 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
spham23 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 4:39 pm
Had the same experience. They basically took a week to tell me to go deal with the manager at the store. McDonalds responds within a day and sends me coupons for free stuff when they screw up my orders.

That’s why I rarely go to Tim Hortons now. No need to blindly support them now. They’re not a Canadian company anymore.
Just today at Tim's I asked for the receipt (so I can do the much-needed survey), she says "OK," I pay, wait for the receipt, she says "THAT'S IT." So I say again "Receipt, please." Finally get it.

I get in my car, GOD D∀WN IT!! ---- She ripped the survey code part right off the receipt!! This isn't the first time either that they've done that. What a farce...
Aug 21, 2011
743 posts
403 upvotes
Whitby
Saturate wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 2:04 am
When did McCafe get soy and almond milk? I thought it was just 2% or skim milk and I can't even find milk customization in the app for their espresso drinks.
As far as I know they have it for a long time, depends on location may be. They even had lactose free until Feb, too bad they stopped it. This is the 100 King St W location in downtown Toronto. And the best is they don't charge extra for it like SB.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4568 upvotes
Montreal
spham23 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 4:39 pm
Had the same experience. They basically took a week to tell me to go deal with the manager at the store. McDonalds responds within a day and sends me coupons for free stuff when they screw up my orders.

That’s why I rarely go to Tim Hortons now. No need to blindly support them now. They’re not a Canadian company anymore.
Last time I looked Mcdonald's and Starbucks are not Canadian either but apparently that's ok. Tim's were not a Canadian company in the early 90's to 2006 either lol (oh the horror!!) but feel free to continue getting all upset over the lack of subsidized fast food from Tim's head office.
Jul 13, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
I saw a big sign for the 2 for $5 McMuffins outside the McDonalds at Leslie and Provost in Toronto (North York) as I was pulling out of the drive thru. Sign did not to indicate a coupon required or app was required. May be at participating locations?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1119 posts
73 upvotes
LOL.. are you kidding me? What employee cares that much to do that?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1920 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
Seen this promo being advertised today at the Eaton Centre location as well (it wasn't yesterday) - so looks like you may start to see more of the ads today.
Jul 25, 2018
620 posts
940 upvotes
Milton, ON
There was an advertisement on the radio for this. Probably same promotion dates as Tim's lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5142 posts
1034 upvotes
Mississauga
mcd breakfast sandwiches... good
timmies breakfast sandwiches... disgusting

in my recent memory... timmies breakfast sandwich is the only thing i have taken a bite and threw in garbage...lol

i dunno if it's the egg or the sausage patty... but it was pretty gross
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7924 posts
963 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 11:26 am
mcd breakfast sandwiches... good
timmies breakfast sandwiches... disgusting

in my recent memory... timmies breakfast sandwich is the only thing i have taken a bite and threw in garbage...lol

i dunno if it's the egg or the sausage patty... but it was pretty gross
I don't think Tim's don't have grills in their restaurants, I'd have to ask someone I know who used to work at one to confirm this but pretty sure if that's the case then they're baking everything or reheating previously cooked then frozen food in the oven including the eggs and hashbrown (which are 100% baked not fried). That would explain why their breakfast sandwiches tastes terrible compared to those from McDonald's where all the components are either grilled or fried.

I tried their potato wedges once and never again, it was just nasty and had clearly just been reheated.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4515 posts
192 upvotes
I just saw this now as a sponsored ad on Facebook. Will try this sometime this week.
Canada_7 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 4:19 pm
I'm not seeing it for the mailer coupons in Ontario.

If this offer does work, also don't forget to pair with the Raptors offer for free fries for a lot of food for $5. Note that you are in charge of your own health, I am not held responsible.
Dec 20, 2010
290 posts
168 upvotes
One Kitchener location had a big sign advertising this, ordered with no coupon