[McDonalds] McDonald's 2 McMuffins for $5

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 12:47 pm
Tags:
Nov 9, 2013
683 posts
764 upvotes
Scarborough
Those McMuffins are so tiny. Their breakfast meal is more like a breakfast Happy Meal!
Nov 9, 2013
683 posts
764 upvotes
Scarborough
Idlehands wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 9:49 am
It’s great to see some real fierce competition going between Tim’s and McDonald’s, in the end whether you’re a Tim whoreton or McBitch we’re all winners. Let’s hope the balance doesn’t tip too favourably towards McDonald’s yet though.
It's always has been and very much will remain for McDonald's to be more generously offering.

Tim's cannot offer any size dollar drinks all summer long for $1 or offer time to time a free small coffee for a whole week. Even $1 any size coffee they cannot offer that.

Free fries from the app coming at any given day because the Raptors keep on sinking those treys most often! No way Tim's could afford to do something like that.

On top of that, the value menu McDonald's has, Tim's is nowhere near to and cannot be able to match that because they are too greedy.
Jan 19, 2017
354 posts
555 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 4:56 pm
It's always has been and very much will remain for McDonald's to be more generously offering.

Tim's cannot offer any size dollar drinks all summer long for $1 or offer time to time a free small coffee for a whole week. Even $1 any size coffee they cannot offer that.

Free fries from the app coming at any given day because the Raptors keep on sinking those treys most often! No way Tim's could afford to do something like that.

On top of that, the value menu McDonald's has, Tim's is nowhere near to and cannot be able to match that because they are too greedy.
Your hilarious, saying Tims is Greedy and Mcdonalds is not. They are both pretty bad, although Mcdonalds has the slight edge in quality since they employ an actual excuses for a kitchen. If you think Mcdonalds is not greedy go take a look at their prices in the US. $5 for 2 big macs or 20 nuggets or mix and match. I am sorry but there is no way the dollar difference (even thought they claim they source Canadian) would make up for over 100 percent mark up from the US market. We actually get screwed on pretty much everything....fuel, food, consumer goods, phone prices.
Nov 9, 2013
683 posts
764 upvotes
Scarborough
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 5:03 pm
Your hilarious, saying Tims is Greedy and Mcdonalds is not. They are both pretty bad, although Mcdonalds has the slight edge in quality since they employ an actual excuses for a kitchen. If you think Mcdonalds is not greedy go take a look at their prices in the US. $5 for 2 big macs or 20 nuggets or mix and match. I am sorry but there is no way the dollar difference (even thought they claim they source Canadian) would make up for over 100 percent mark up from the US market. We actually get screwed on pretty much everything....fuel, food, consumer goods, phone prices.
Gee, you must have have not read the pointed out deals from my above post that are a mainstay at McDonald's that Tim's won't match. You think those themselves don't indicate who the real cheapskate between the two is?

Most of the people in this thread have mentioned how garbage Tim's food and especially their service is compared to McD's, though it isn't exactly highly regarded itself.

If the comparison to the States is what is the factor, then consider how our Canadian government deliberately gouges the people from gas, to housing, taxes, to food to the next thing. It's our government's fault why this is why it is despite the fact of seeing how horrible the Canadian dollar has been doing in the recent many years and they keep on driving costs higher and higher and shrinking the goods in return for the consumers. That is the answer right there to it.
May 12, 2018
25 posts
10 upvotes
Got 2 for $5 today, was on menu board when I went in.
Greenwood N.S
Apr 26, 2007
420 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Got 2 for $5 in downtown Toronto on Tuesday at 4pm lol I saw they had a sandwich board sign displayed and I couldn't resist...and I had to resist going back on Wednesday.

In the debate of McDonalds vs Tims, it's not close for me, it's McDonalds every time. I can understand if you love Tims coffee because nostalgia or habit, but otherwise what do they have on their menu that you like?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2082 posts
550 upvotes
Edmonton
Ive just been showing the bogo online coupon over the last 5 weeks. Though in AB picked BC for this deal. They dont even blink. Just punch in promo1.... These coupons expire april 14th though.
Jul 25, 2018
624 posts
945 upvotes
Milton, ON
Joined the dark side today and tried Tim's breakfast sandwiches for a change.. Except I got it on French toast (extra 70 cents) and croissant (extra 60 cents). 100% worth and I think the French toast breakfast sandwich is better than the Mcgriddles breakfast sandwich from McDonald's. For anyone who wants a change from the usual. :)
Jan 19, 2017
354 posts
555 upvotes
JoelK22976 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 12:44 pm
Joined the dark side today and tried Tim's breakfast sandwiches for a change.. Except I got it on French toast (extra 70 cents) and croissant (extra 60 cents). 100% worth and I think the French toast breakfast sandwich is better than the Mcgriddles breakfast sandwich from McDonald's. For anyone who wants a change from the usual. :)
BETTER than a McGriddle?! This is an extremely bold statement, i must investigate.
Jul 25, 2018
624 posts
945 upvotes
Milton, ON
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 1:06 pm
BETTER than a McGriddle?! This is an extremely bold statement, i must investigate.
I know, I was pleasantly surprised! Obviously you may think differently but if anything it's something to try out. :)
Jul 6, 2008
885 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
I love the bacon egg with egg white.. might have to wait.. but its delicious :)
Jul 20, 2017
1 posts
I was just at a McD in downtown Toronto today and indeed 2 mcmuffins for $5. It's an ad in store and it's not on my phone or mailer coupon.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12561 posts
642 upvotes
Email says participating restaurants in Ontario. Even the mccafe on Yonge st downtown is participating. Took a pic of their poster
Images
  • Screenshot_20190414-114803_Chrome.jpg
  • 20190411_085651.jpg
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Aug 31, 2012
46 posts
23 upvotes
Scarborough
esq05 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 9:55 am
I was getting it when it was $2.99 last week, alongside the $1 coffee. At least in Ontario, prepared food less than $4, you only pay the GST... a penny more and you're charged the full 13% on the entire purchase.
I bought takeout the other day at a Filipino restaurant for $3.99 and was charged the full tax at $4.50.