• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 12:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1563 posts
473 upvotes
BC
Made me wonder if they got a bad batch of eggs to put on promo.

Both egg mcmuffins yesterday had bad eggs. The colour and texture around the yolk part was grey/blue and the Grey part was bad texture. The egg white had a weird look and feel.

But the French fries were hot and fresh, for like the first time in years, so was happy about that.

And of course, no receipt provided to provide feedback. For me, there's an extremely high correlation to a properly made order that gives the receipt and bad food/wrong order gets no receipt. Very high correlation.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11831 posts
1670 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
andrewlo wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:41 am
the bagel breakfast sandwich offer is now $3.49, which is just crazy.
Rip-off! It used to be $2.79 with the mcmuffin sandwiches deal. 70 cent increase over 2 mos ago. Nuts, a 25% increase.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 30, 2010
9 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone know if this is still going on. Thought it ended on April 14th but just saw another commercial for it this morning.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2127 posts
1121 upvotes
Prince George
habfan81 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:13 am
Anyone know if this is still going on. Thought it ended on April 14th but just saw another commercial for it this morning.
Mailer coupons ended April 14th here in BC. That was the better deal (BOGO >>> 2 for $5 of course). But this promo just says “for a limited time” so we’d have to ask a manager when it’s scheduled to end.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24177 posts
4467 upvotes
habfan81 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 7:13 am
Signs still up and got it last week so pretty sure is still good. However, this is not available in the app for some reason.
Dec 1, 2015
96 posts
113 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
Timbo420 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:02 pm
Made me wonder if they got a bad batch of eggs to put on promo.

Both egg mcmuffins yesterday had bad eggs. The colour and texture around the yolk part was grey/blue and the Grey part was bad texture. The egg white had a weird look and feel.

But the French fries were hot and fresh, for like the first time in years, so was happy about that.

And of course, no receipt provided to provide feedback. For me, there's an extremely high correlation to a properly made order that gives the receipt and bad food/wrong order gets no receipt. Very high correlation.
that isnt bad eggs.........
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4545 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They always burn the mcmuffin so bad that I have to take out the mcmuffin and bite off all the dark burnt side before eating.
How can anyone actually make a sandwiches and give it to the customers when they see it's all burnt?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19944 posts
1727 upvotes
YUL
Idlehands wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 9:49 am
It’s great to see some real fierce competition going between Tim’s and McDonald’s, in the end whether you’re a Tim whoreton or McBitch we’re all winners. Let’s hope the balance doesn’t tip too favourably towards McDonald’s yet though.
Tim's has gone downhill over the years. Especially since they got bought out by BK's parent company. Very inconsistent quality.
My understanding is that Tim's pre-cooks their eggs, whereas McD's uses fresh cracked eggs in their breakfast sandwiches. That alone makes me not want to eat at Tim's.
Sep 4, 2006
467 posts
86 upvotes
I was at a McD's once, early, and it was busy. They were having to make fresh round eggs for each order. They were rushing. As a result, mine came out undercooked (compared to the usual). It was amazing. Soft, slightly runny yolk. A whole new experience. If I could order them that way, I would.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5027 posts
728 upvotes
Toronto
Is this promo still valid?
Aug 29, 2009
558 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote:
May 1st, 2019 6:09 pm
Is this promo still valid?
Yes, just got two of them on my way home.
Mar 11, 2019
19 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I used to work at McDonald's. They actually have some decent employee practices. It wasn't a bad job, but I'm guessing management plays a huge role as well
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2589 posts
661 upvotes
Lethbridge
Timbo420 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:02 pm
The father in-law let me in on a little secret years ago. Order your fries unsalted. They will have to make a new batch - Downside is you'll prob have to wait, but piping hot & fresh everytime.
Mar 9, 2011
550 posts
801 upvotes
Has anyone noticed that when you order breakfast items later in the day like evening or night that the quality of the food isn't that great or fresh? I usually have to wait for much longer as well especially when I order a McMuffin during the night times.