• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 10:56 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2063 posts
1349 upvotes
St. Catharines
Very YMMV.

I have been getting free or $1 coffee at my favourite McD's for a year now. But, yesterday they fixed it.

However, I played around with picking a few other local locations and I found a few that let me reorder my $1 coffee.

Experiment with different locations
Jan 8, 2006
44 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Works for me.

EDMONTON 34TH AND 99ST.
Nov 8, 2012
393 posts
157 upvotes
London, ON
looks like it will still work for me in London. thanks for the trick OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1366 posts
117 upvotes
Burnaby
Been using this since the deal ended, and it doesnt work for all stores.

I disabled my auto-update for this app just incase.

I didnt post anything because I didnt want to highlight this issue so they wont fix it.

If you order all the time you would have easily known it was still available. If you dont you werent really missing anything anyways.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Mar 15, 2005
303 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Cr@p! Can’t seem to get it to work. The reorder button appears Unclickable
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24198 posts
4477 upvotes
Did you guys all have just one coffee in your order? I was getting four every time (office friends), but if I try to re-order it just shows all those orders I made with the $1 coffees as greyed out and "Unavailable".

I actually thought about this the day the deal ended but sure enough the Monday after it ended all my previous ones went to "unavailable" as mentioned.

Also how is OP getting a mocha for $1 anyway? Wasn't it just straight coffee that was $1 and not specialty drinks?
Apr 17, 2005
196 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
My recent orders hasn't updated since November and i have ordered many times since then Disappointed Face
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
It never worked for me in the 3 McDonald's that I frequent (in Burnaby and New Westminster)
Mar 6, 2015
270 posts
101 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
works in downtown TO, I think it's region specific. Most regions disabled the promo item.
Oct 5, 2002
452 posts
92 upvotes
It worked for me for 3 different locations until last Friday. I made the mistake of going through the drive through to pick up my mobile order. I had to give the code at the drive through cashier who "flagged" the $1 glitch. Right after that, I can no longer reorder at that location. I still have a few locations that work but they are out of my daily route so I guess the deal is over for me. The deal was good as I bought 2 coffees a day. When I hit the 7th to get a free on added to my account, it looked like there was an additional glitch where I got a extra electronic sticker on the free coffee. I was getting 9 electronic stickers for 8 purchases.
Sep 7, 2008
105 posts
5 upvotes
I had an issue with the App. When I finished the order, there was no confirmation number. Last time, I ordered a coffee and waited more than 20 minutes for nothing. talked to the cashier, they could not find it in the system. Even the order details show minimum info. Any ideas? thanks