• Oct 6th, 2019 8:24 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11665 posts
1383 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
LoosL35506 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 6:13 am
went to Mc D in Vancouver, tried the kiosk 4 times with scan and manual codes, no go
Report them to Microsoft for using an unlicenced version of Windows! I've seen two McD's in North Van that showed "Windows not genuine" on the kiosk, so maybe its a trend.

Received the coupon book in the mail today.
Mar 21, 2010
357 posts
57 upvotes
LoosL35506 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 6:13 am
went to Mc D in Vancouver, tried the kiosk 4 times with scan and manual codes, no go, went to cashier and told her the kiosk isn't working on coupons, she confirmed they are disabled on purpose to prevent re-uses, when I ordered, she confiscated the coupon aswell.. they do not want repeat business !! they violated the fine print re uses at kiosk, time to dump those franchisees !
Which one were you at? I was at the Kerrisdale one and had the same issue. I went to order in person instead and got the discount...
May 19, 2009
379 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver
JoeShamoozer wrote:
Aug 26th, 2019 5:08 pm
How do I use these?
Just show a picture of these at the counter?
I dont have these mailed to me.
If you use the self serve kiosk, you don't have to print them. When you start you order, select coupon and offers (or something like that, can't remember exact wording) near the top of the screen, then it'll ask you to pick a coupon, pick mailer coupon. Then you can either scan the barcode from your phone, or enter the coupon number manually. I never print the coupons... Heck, I don't even bring the coupons with me. Just use the kiosk and you can customize your burger too.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3511 posts
2165 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 2:35 am
Report them to Microsoft for using an unlicenced version of Windows! I've seen two McD's in North Van that showed "Windows not genuine" on the kiosk, so maybe its a trend.
lol

Stop embarrassing yourself. MS won't go after Micky D on an image deployment issue of 2 terminals out of who knows how many globally.
Jun 27, 2017
227 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
Interesting that they removed the 3$ Big Mac / Quarter Pounder with cheese from the online pdf. The second page even has 1 less coupon than the normal. I have the saved PDF from the first day this was posted.
Images
  • bicmac qpc.PNG
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11665 posts
1383 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Xtrema wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 11:08 am
lol

Stop embarrassing yourself. MS won't go after Micky D on an image deployment issue of 2 terminals out of who knows how many globally.
Yeah, I actually wasn't serious. If I were, I would have reported them myself, seeing as I was the person who saw the "Windows not genuine" message. But I forgot this was text, and you can see sarcasm. Sorry.

Actually, I don't know why they bother blocking it on the kiosks. People can print out as many coupons as they want, so what's the point?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3511 posts
2165 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 3:19 am
Actually, I don't know why they bother blocking it on the kiosks. People can print out as many coupons as they want, so what's the point?
Kiosk is indiscriminate. You can potentially order the same 2 for $13 deal 10 times over in one sitting and they will have to deliver.

By blocking at Kiosk, you have to wait in line and talk to a human. Even if they can't take your coupon, it will still slow their losses.

Fast food margin should be around 50%. BOGO deals should give you 1 of the meal at cost. So the restaurant should not lose that much in revenue. But who knows, may be this coupon system is hurting franchisees.
Feb 10, 2008
70 posts
13 upvotes
Is it just my app or the coupons aren’t in the app anymore? There used to be ability to open the coupons in the app and scan it but that seems to have disappeared? In Ontario
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1251 posts
293 upvotes
$6.19 for meal now in bc. Those stupid kids are driving luxury car with minimum wage through the roof. Wish I had will power to boycott.
Dec 26, 2011
596 posts
202 upvotes
Anyone know of a way to use the mailer coupons with the mobile app?
Jun 21, 2003
275 posts
119 upvotes
Tokic_o wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 11:23 am
Is it just my app or the coupons aren’t in the app anymore? There used to be ability to open the coupons in the app and scan it but that seems to have disappeared? In Ontario
arandomguy wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 11:30 pm
Anyone know of a way to use the mailer coupons with the mobile app?
They must have read this thread because the coupons are now available in the app. It's about time Face With Tears Of Joy
Jan 31, 2007
345 posts
14 upvotes
Hamilton
In an odd turn of events, McDonalds (at least on Twitter) is now denying the existence of the $3 Big Mac coupon? What even is reality
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50, Battle Royale manga issue 15
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7440 posts
2670 upvotes
Markham
Air Jordan wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 7:17 am
They must have read this thread because the coupons are now available in the app. It's about time Face With Tears Of Joy
Mailer coupons WERE available in the APP before, and I just checked mine and they are NOT anymore.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2117 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TheCheapCDN wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 11:22 am
Interesting that they removed the 3$ Big Mac / Quarter Pounder with cheese from the online pdf. The second page even has 1 less coupon than the normal. I have the saved PDF from the first day this was posted.
Just used this coupon at the kiosk and can confirm it still works. Thanks!!
:D
Sep 11, 2019
20 posts
9 upvotes
Is $3 big mac coupon still available? anybody can send me a copy?