109 posts
97 upvotes
Yes prices gone up. Blame it on $15 minimum wage. Only going to get worse
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1884 posts
532 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm in, $4 breakfast meal deals will be the death of me.

Will make up for their terrible 'days of Christmas' deals this past week. No I do not want a $3 McChicken.
Sep 21, 2004
9581 posts
3307 upvotes
Calgary
Skadefryd wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:12 pm
I'm in, $4 breakfast meal deals will be the death of me.

Will make up for their terrible 'days of Christmas' deals this past week. No I do not want a $3 McChicken.
It seems every time a new coupon comes out, the 2 can dine price jumps by 50 cents.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Sep 7, 2014
544 posts
594 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Personally I'm getting ready for the New Year app deals to dissuade people from their resolutions...little does McDick's know, it's bulking season every season for me!

b166er1337 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:16 pm
It seems every time a new coupon comes out, the 2 can dine price jumps by 50 cents.
Yep. The original rhyming "2 Can Dine for 9.49" has a lot more staying power than "2 Can Dine for 11.78" lol
Jan 27, 2011
413 posts
240 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:07 pm
mcdonalds is eliminating jobs with the terminals in every store. so...tell us some more about minimum wage.
Aug 29, 2018
109 posts
97 upvotes
soupman wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:35 pm
mcdonalds is eliminating jobs with the terminals in every store. so...tell us some more about minimum wage.
Were you let go because the terminals do a better job than you did? Sorry to hear
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2058 posts
972 upvotes
Prince George
mzmoney wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:31 pm
Thank you so much @RFDSimon for the PDF links ... Yay don't have to carry around paper mailer :)
Definitely worth keeping on your phone for those times when the app refuses to load coupons or offers just when you need them.
Dec 31, 2017
13 posts
30 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:07 pm
It's because their per-store sales are declining in North America, and they're trying to maintain profitability targets. But sure, make up some nonsense about labour-friendly minimum wage that probably adds no more than $0.25 to the cost of a $10 order.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3053 posts
1750 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I didn't realize different provinces have different prices. Seems like Ontario has one of the highest prices for provinces.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Feb 4, 2009
248 posts
60 upvotes
Langley
thanks. at least breakfast deals are still the same price as last time.

the app deals are a joke.
May 21, 2018
67 posts
75 upvotes
benhamil wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:52 pm
It's because their per-store sales are declining in North America, and they're trying to maintain profitability targets. But sure, make up some nonsense about labour-friendly minimum wage that probably adds no more than $0.25 to the cost of a $10 order.
Not going to take sides, but no one on either side provided concrete evidence for any of their claims. This is just baseless arguing.
Dec 31, 2017
13 posts
30 upvotes
NotATimHortonsFan wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 7:19 pm
Not going to take sides, but no one on either side provided concrete evidence for any of their claims. This is just baseless arguing.
Plenty more where this came from (Google). So if per-store visits are down but earnings are somehow up, it follows that either (a) they've dramatically slashed costs, and/or (b) they've increased prices high enough to cover the decline in transactions.

McDonald's reported Thursday that sales at company-owned restaurants plunged by 27 percent during the second quarter and sales at U.S. locations that have been open at least a year grew by 2.6 percent. Wall Street analysts were expecting growth of 3 percent, according to StreetAccount.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/26/mcdonal ... -2018.html

McDonald’s franchisees may join together to push for changes as sales disappoint
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/mcdonal ... nges-.html

“We have spoken with three MCD franchisees across the US to gauge trends so far in [the first quarter],” writes Credit Suisse analyst Jason West. “While these checks are anecdotal, they have been directionally helpful in the past. MCD franchisees consistently reported that sales have slowed so far this year.
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/stell ... 59929.html

In the most recent quarter, McDonald’s was able to grow its same-store sales despite a decline in traffic because of a 2 percent rise in menu prices and customers spending more at its self-order kiosks and on delivery. However, longer-term, the Golden Arches has to find a way to boost traffic, Kevin Ozan, McDonald’s chief financial officer, said on the call. [...] The need for more menu innovation comes as McDonald’s has struggled to boost revenue and earnings fast enough to quell uneasy franchisees. The company has been refurbishing restaurants and adding other upgrades such as self-order kiosks. It has invested more than $1 billion this year. However, the return on investment isn’t being realized in the near-term, a complaint voiced by some 400 of its U.S. restaurant operators — about a quarter of its total franchises — who met earlier this month in Tampa, Florida.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/23/mcdonal ... -woes.html

Adjusted earnings: $1.99 per share vs. $1.92 per share expected by analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue: $5.35 billion vs. $5.32 billion expected by analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Same-store sales: 4 percent growth vs. 3.5 percent expected by StreetAccount.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/26/mcdonal ... -2018.html

In the U.S., same-store sales grew 2.4 percent, in line with analysts’ forecasts, marking the 13th consecutive quarter of positive same-store sales growth.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/23/mcdonal ... -2018.html
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1940 posts
679 upvotes
B.C.
I wish BC had the Poutine Deal and the Bagel Deal but I'm happy the prices are at least lower than Ontario :-)