46 upvotes
Thanks for the PDF. McDonald's site hasn't work for me all day
Jan 24, 2015
275 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Mendes wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 9:51 pm
Can you use the PDFs in drive through? Like will they just take the code at the window or only at the terminals
they will accept the PDFs if you print them out, it's just like a regular coupon

without printing it out YMMV. i haven't had issues with saying the coupon is on my phone, but I can see some of the employees being stingy about it
Jul 25, 2011
27 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. Love those coupons.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2872 posts
245 upvotes
Brampton
redflags10 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 10:32 pm
they will accept the PDFs if you print them out, it's just like a regular coupon

without printing it out YMMV. i haven't had issues with saying the coupon is on my phone, but I can see some of the employees being stingy about it
I was once denied at first using a printed coupon, but I insisted it was available on their website so they let use it after discussing with a manager.
Looking at the website now, I don't see an actual link to the pdf, although I remember using one before the app came out.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Apr 15, 2007
987 posts
225 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Are the coupons unavailable on the app this time around? I don't see them anywhere
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2036 posts
964 upvotes
Prince George
leonheartx wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:33 pm
Are the coupons unavailable on the app this time around? I don't see them anywhere
In the past they’ve sometimes been delayed until a day or so after they’re live in all regions. So you might not see them for a week, unless they improve things.

Hopefully I’m wrong and you’ll see them tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1040 posts
261 upvotes
Edmonton
leonheartx wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:33 pm
The McD's app has been a POS over the holidays. On Dec 23 I had the $3 off $10 purchase email so I go to drive through and order a few breakfast items for my road trip. Surprise surprise, I login and it says theres no offers right now. This was at 7am. I explain to the person at drive thru and they think its because I used the coupon already..
Apr 18, 2008
889 posts
274 upvotes
Mississauga
Suthek wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 6:28 pm
You're talking about a different deal? The BOGO coupon is two sandwiches with no fries or drink. If you look at ontario or other provinces you'll see it.
I'm looking at the Ontario coupon and it says buy sandwich/nuggets with medium or large fries/poutine/side salad to get another sandwich/nuggets. I don't ever recall seeing a BOGO offer without sides in McDonald's coupons.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4005 posts
3077 upvotes
dj_rice wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:37 pm
The McD's app has been a POS over the holidays. On Dec 23 I had the $3 off $10 purchase email so I go to drive through and order a few breakfast items for my road trip. Surprise surprise, I login and it says theres no offers right now. This was at 7am. I explain to the person at drive thru and they think its because I used the coupon already..
You should always order through the app so you have time to restart or logout/in just in case the offers don't load. You can still pick up at the drive thru with a mobile order.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2790 posts
413 upvotes
+1:op. So happy to open my rfd app and see this post. Thanks
Nov 28, 2018
21 posts
3 upvotes
I'm so Tired of this MINIMUM wage narrative.

The same people who are getting there minimum wage raise are the same demographics that use that same residual income to purchase more from this same establishment

That's like McDonald's/Walmart giving there employees a wage increase paid in McDonald's gift cards.

Those new minimum wage employees aren't all of a sudden only dining at The keg with that $1 or $2 increase of pay.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9333 posts
1991 upvotes
was 2 for 7, then 2 for 8, 2 for 9, 2 for 10, now 2 meals for 12.

to feed a family of 4 at mcdonalds, without coupons, is now nearing 35$ in my house. no thanks.
Aug 12, 2010
477 posts
104 upvotes
I rarely go to McDonalds anymore since the prices have gone up so much. Not worth the crappy food. Unless there are coupons of course.
Jun 9, 2015
576 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto, ON
soupman wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:35 pm
mcdonalds is eliminating jobs with the terminals in every store. so...tell us some more about minimum wage.
benhamil wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:52 pm
It's because their per-store sales are declining in North America, and they're trying to maintain profitability targets. But sure, make up some nonsense about labour-friendly minimum wage that probably adds no more than $0.25 to the cost of a $10 order.
It's actually probably more than that if you consider the cost of raw goods that McDonald's purchases increasing due to the minimum wage increase, it trickles all the way down. Packaging and shipping the cartons for food and drink have gotten more expensive, for example.

It isn't just profitability targets. If it was, why is the cost of the meal with the coupon more expensive in provinces with higher minimum wages? I'm assuming that the regular prices reflect that, given the coupons are.

Over the past few years, a Subway classic sandwich has gone from $5 to $7.29, no increase in automation, no change in the number of employees, but a huge change in the cost of goods.