• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2019 7:46 am
[OP]
May 10, 2008
638 posts
542 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

McDonald's Survey Coupon question

I couldn't decide on which section to post this in...hope it's the right place.

I haven't done these McD's receipt surveys in awhile and it looks like they've changed the format of the survey. More importantly, the coupon CODE in the email is now a very long number (not the 4 digit number like before). Does anyone know if these are now one-time use?

I used to print out a few copies at a time and never had issues using them, but I don't know if these new numbers are actually punched into their system for the discount to work.

Has anyone tried to use the same code more than once lately? Thanks!
2 replies
Nov 16, 2006
940 posts
468 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
If I were you I would fill out the survey on a computer with a printer and just select "no e-mailed coupon" and then press the Print button at the end of the survey. No need for them to know your e-mail address!

I don't know the answer to your question but I doubt that if they entered it into their system it would look back and verify that someone spent $x.xx at a time of xx:xx on any specific date at any specific store. I think the intent is for each completed survey to be used once only so one new survey per order and may as well use the receipt they give you for the next one instead of making it up.

Don't forget your store code (s). You need one of those to complete a new survey. Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3813 posts
3897 upvotes
GTA
You don't need to print anymore ... unless you come across a McD's that requires the physical coupon.

Have only used 1 digital code per survey and haven't seen cashier enter the long code (checks expiry date), so guessing they use a promo button.

Hmm, if you are reusing same printed coupon, not sure whether they will enter # each time?!

What annoys me the most is not being able to use via mobile and having to line up to order. Love customizing Angus Burger and it's easier via mobile :)