• Dec 13th, 2020 8:32 am
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2741 posts
3324 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
rkt1337 wrote: always a lot of people when i get dollar drinks

meanwhile subway and harveys pretty much empty
Subway is a dying chain, one near me closed down. Poor customer service and hefty prices caused it's downfall.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
928 upvotes
NOYFB

Too bad Harvey's isn't doing that well
I'm very willing to support a Canadian business if possible
and their burger is always the bomb
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3896 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
NEETtrader wrote: Ontario already has a seperate minimum wage for students under 18 vs. adults 18+. So a McDonald's franchise is not legally obligated to pay a 14 year old the same as a 18+ year old in the first place.

The truth is a high percentage of people working at McDonald's are adults because after our country gutted all the well-paying unionized manufacturing jobs, adults turn to low-paying service jobs like this. At least here in the GTA. Maybe it's different out in the boonies.

At any rate, the living wage situation in the urban centres (like the GTA) is mostly caused by rampant real estate speculation driving up the cost of houses and rent rather than greedy corporations stiffing their workers. $14/hr used to be an excellent wage back when rent was cheap. I'd be willing to bet that real estate tycoons have far larger profit margins than McDonald's franchisees or even McDonald's corporate.

i also believe that is the main problem
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1104 posts
822 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Too bad Harvey's isn't doing that well
agreed, 2$ for jr with tons of veggies is very good value and it taste like a burger.
Apr 13, 2010
550 posts
277 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
Terabithia wrote: Too bad Harvey's isn't doing that well
If you're interested, here's a list of all the restaurants that Recipe Unlimited (the owner of Harvey's - formerly called Cara Operations) owns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... _Unlimited
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6391 posts
7178 upvotes
Edmonton
Double cheeseburger is now $2.99. No where to go from there. Once it crosses the $3 mark it will see a decrease in sales I imagine. Huge barrier between $2.99 and $3.00 in peoples minds.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1162 posts
683 upvotes
Richmond Hill

The Harvey's I went to last week has a line up at lunch...there was a constant flow of people coming in ordering burgers and fries. It was not a line up out the front door, but it was pretty much 3 people waiting to order while I was there. So the flow was there...one person leaves, one person comes in.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18864 posts
5795 upvotes
Toronto
toram23901 wrote: The Harvey's I went to last week has a line up at lunch...there was a constant flow of people coming in ordering burgers and fries. It was not a line up out the front door, but it was pretty much 3 people waiting to order while I was there. So the flow was there...one person leaves, one person comes in.
My local Harvey's is empty, but then again-wait until dine in service returns. It'll look busy once again no doubt.
Plus also, the McDonald's with patios are doing quite well.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
[OP]
Feb 15, 2013
179 posts
81 upvotes
Edmonton
Oh no! The sausage McMuffin is now $2.50 too up from $1.99
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5348 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
$2.90 ($2.92 actually) after taxes for a McDouble now.

Pass.
May 15, 2019
333 posts
319 upvotes
GWN
kindred_99 wrote: $2.90 ($2.92 actually) after taxes for a McDouble now.

Pass.
My Prediction. After a while (maybe a couple of months), the price will be rolled back to a price that will still be significantly higher than before COVID-19 but lower than todays. It will be advertised as "Savings, Price Rollback" etc.
Nov 16, 2006
978 posts
527 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
I don't go to any fast food burger joint without a coupon. Preference is Harveys (for taste, cleanliness and order accuracy). Always try to get the best burger a joint sells, not value burgers.
Jan 17, 2009
105 posts
96 upvotes
Unless it's a delivery only price, the McPicks meals are $6.29 now.
Dec 16, 2017
52 posts
10 upvotes
I used to order two $1.99 burgers to keep my lunch under $4, thus only paying 5% tax.

Now, with all these increases to their value menu, there is no way to keep my order under $4. Looks like I'll have to be visiting McDonald's less now
Sep 26, 2007
197 posts
21 upvotes
Ordered my go-to rush lunch the other day, McDouble/Jr Chicken/Sm Fry. Well over $8.00 including taxes. Nearly shit my pants; actually had to ask the drive-through cashier if she had the right order. I used to get this combo for under $5 when the $1.39 value menu existed. No thanks, Mc D's. I'm not going there anymore until they reduce prices (which will probably be never).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)