Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Medium size McCafé Premium Roast hot coffee OR medium iced coffee $1, Latte + Cappucino $2 via the app

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2022 11:57 am
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
the main thing that is stopping me from switching to McDonalds for my coffee is the wait times at the drive-throughs. The dual lanes ALWAYS rammed and I refuse to wait 10-15mins for just a coffee. Yes, I have had long waits a Tim's before but its not the norm at least in my experience.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: In areas the on-cup McCafé Rewards program had ended, can redeem completed McCafé Rewards cards have until February 28, 2022

From On-Cup McCafé Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/term ... n-cup.html

Note that in the Province of Manitoba, and in Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances, Ontario, the on-cup McCafé Rewards program ended as of October 5, 2021. Completed McCafé Rewards cards will be redeemed at participating McDonald’s restaurants in these areas until February 28, 2022.
Just another data point regarding the stamp cards. I asked them on their FB page and here is what they said:

"Yes, the fully completed cards will only be valid until February 28, 2022. We suggest you download the app to enroll in the MyMcDonald's Rewards program to begin earning points on every order and redeem them for more than just hot beverages!"

I mentioned that I am not in one of those regions listed in the FAQ/Terms. I feel like they rushed to send me a canned response, so I responded to them asking specifically about Ottawa and the fact that the FAQ says the program has no changes in other regions. I'll update this post once I hear back.

I also grabbed a latte this morning and I asked if those cards are expiring, they said no, and the cup I got has a stamp on it.
Jun 23, 2010
330 posts
892 upvotes
GTA
McDonalds Canada website language as of Feb 1 2022

"There are no changes to the on-cup McCafé Rewards sticker program at this time. That said, we are currently testing removing the on-cup McCafé Rewards stickers in Manitoba and selected areas of Northwestern Ontario (Fort Frances, Kenora, Dryden). These areas were part of our test for the new MyMcDonald’s Rewards program. We’ll keep our guests informed about any other changes we make in the future."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
ahammad wrote: Just another data point regarding the stamp cards. I asked them on their FB page and here is what they said:

"Yes, the fully completed cards will only be valid until February 28, 2022. We suggest you download the app to enroll in the MyMcDonald's Rewards program to begin earning points on every order and redeem them for more than just hot beverages!"

I mentioned that I am not in one of those regions listed in the FAQ/Terms. I feel like they rushed to send me a canned response, so I responded to them asking specifically about Ottawa and the fact that the FAQ says the program has no changes in other regions. I'll update this post once I hear back.

I also grabbed a latte this morning and I asked if those cards are expiring, they said no, and the cup I got has a stamp on it.
My guess is if they do not accept the stamp cards after Feb. 28 it would be highly debatable, since there is no expiry date on those cards. But who wants to fight for a free coffee... There's more important things to fight for out there... ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: My guess is if they do not accept the stamp cards after Feb. 28 it would be highly debatable, since there is no expiry date on those cards. But who wants to fight for a free coffee... There's more important things to fight for out there... ;)
I used one this morning to get a latte which rang up at 4.09 after tax. I would be pissed if I missed out on those cards :)

As far as I can tell, all FAQ/terms and conditions seem to indicate that completed cards will no longer be accepted after Feb 28 in Manitoba, Fort Frances, Kenora, and Dryden, and everything is unchanged for the rest of Canada. The chat support on Facebook for McDonald's Canada gave me a blanket "it will expire by the 28th" response, but the people in the store said the cards don't expire. I also found this from a different RFD post as well:
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 2.06.48 PM.png

Source: mcdonalds-bringing-mymcdonalds-rewards- ... #p35620815

Which links to: https://www.facebook.com/37727205230892 ... 357206684/

Edit: the stress of losing free coffee cards is real Face With Tears Of JoyI gave a bunch away and I still have 50+ left...no way I'd be able to get through them by end of month.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
ahammad wrote: I used one this morning to get a latte which rang up at 4.09 after tax. I would be pissed if I missed out on those cards :)

As far as I can tell, all FAQ/terms and conditions seem to indicate that completed cards will no longer be accepted after Feb 28 in Manitoba, Fort Frances, Kenora, and Dryden, and everything is unchanged for the rest of Canada. The chat support on Facebook for McDonald's Canada gave me a blanket "it will expire by the 28th" response, but the people in the store said the cards don't expire. I also found this from a different RFD post as well:

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 2.06.48 PM.png

Source: mcdonalds-bringing-mymcdonalds-rewards- ... #p35620815

Which links to: https://www.facebook.com/37727205230892 ... 357206684/

Edit: the stress of losing free coffee cards is real Face With Tears Of JoyI gave a bunch away and I still have 50+ left...no way I'd be able to get through them by end of month.
Thanks. It should be the same for everywhere, except the communities where it is already announced to end the stamp cards program
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1375 posts
1868 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
adblink182 wrote: the main thing that is stopping me from switching to McDonalds for my coffee is the wait times at the drive-throughs. The dual lanes ALWAYS rammed and I refuse to wait 10-15mins for just a coffee. Yes, I have had long waits a Tim's before but its not the norm at least in my experience.
Curbside has been a god send for me
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
Yeah, they are still handing out cups with stickers everywhere but the test area so there is no way they will expire the physical cards that soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
seagull1987 wrote: Curbside has been a god send for me
I always wondered if they prioritized small orders with curb side vs drive through, or is it strictly based on time the order was received
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1095 posts
1018 upvotes
Alberta
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Yeah, they are still handing out cups with stickers everywhere but the test area so there is no way they will expire the physical cards that soon.
In Edmonton, I've received cups without stickers.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1368 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
Customers in Vancouver remember to add $0.25 for the disposable cup fee, which is NOT collected by the City. The fees stay in the restaurants. McD does not offer reusable cups like Tim or Starbucks.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
wranglery wrote: Customers in Vancouver remember to add $0.25 for the disposable cup fee, which is NOT collected by the City. The fees stay in the restaurants. McD does not offer reusable cups like Tim or Starbucks.
McDonald’s Canada has resumed accepting reusable travel mugs in Vancouver
VANCOUVER – WEBWIRE – Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Starting today, McDonald’s Canada will once again be accepting guests’ own reusable travel mugs in Vancouver, B.C. Guests can order their McCafé® Premium Roast Coffee/Decaf and Tea using their own reusable travel mug at the Front Counter and Drive-Thru. With the reintroduction of reusable travel mugs, guests will avoid the $0.25 cup fee imposed by the City of Vancouver on disposable cups and receive an additional $0.10 discount.

Reusable travel mugs cannot be used for iced coffee, fountain drinks or McCafé specialty beverages, and the $0.10 discount is not available with Extra Value Meals or pairings. The $0.10 discount is also not available through the kiosk, with mobile orders on the McDonald’s app, or with McDelivery®.

from https://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=284064
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
I saw this on a Billboard. Haven't been there for years as I strongly dislike food poisoning...

/Might stop in and use their Wifi and enjoy a coffee Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Oct 10, 2006
953 posts
1516 upvotes
Ottawa
LesDeals wrote: There's still a huge number of senior citizens who either don't have a smartphone or mobile data to collect the digital rewards. They'll essentially be relegated to second class citizens for the rewards program. Mind you, the initial purpose of the program was a coffee loyalty program, and now McDonald's has greatly expanded their digital loyalty program to include more than just free coffee or fries.

It will be interesting to see what McDonald's will do with the rewards card program to expand it beyond just free coffee or hot drink.
This is happening every where. McDonald's has different offers in-app. Shoppers Drug Mart has e-offers, and same as many stores. I hate installation trillion apps also, but my choice is only use them and have more deals or too bad so sad.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Just a note, with the points now you will only get 100 points per coffee purchased at $1. At that rate it will take you 20 purchases to get a free one in the app (on points), as opposed to 7 before. But in almost all places you still get the stickers, so there's that.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
Sweety wrote: This is happening every where. McDonald's has different offers in-app. Shoppers Drug Mart has e-offers, and same as many stores. I hate installation trillion apps also, but my choice is only use them and have more deals or too bad so sad.
I totally agree with what you are saying. It's an app epidemic. Everyone and their dog has an app that does a handful of things you need and all the other stuff inside the app is just fluff. All those itty-bitty apps eat up a lot of valuable storage on your phone (and screen real estate). It's a good thing McDonald's offers reward deals from time to time that make their app somewhat more useful.

It also goes back to the digital divide that is still present today albeit in a different form of having smartphones. McDonald's may have to use one of their restaurant menu screens to advertise what kind of deals can be had with a reward card full of stickers if they do expand that to more than just coffee, hot drinks, and fries. Furthermore, they still mail out physical coupons -- at least for now they do. As long as there is a large enough population without smartphones or willing to join their digital rewards program, there's always a need to have a physical program in place, be it reward cards, coupon sheets, or some other method.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Aug 19, 2019
144 posts
54 upvotes
It's always $1. If you have order previously for $1 you can reorder from App and pay $1. No matter if offer is running or not.
Last edited by VrajS29439 on Feb 5th, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
LesDeals wrote: I totally agree with what you are saying. It's an app epidemic. Everyone and their dog has an app that does a handful of things you need and all the other stuff inside the app is just fluff. All those itty-bitty apps eat up a lot of valuable storage on your phone (and screen real estate). It's a good thing McDonald's offers reward deals from time to time that make their app somewhat more useful.

It also goes back to the digital divide that is still present today albeit in a different form of having smartphones. McDonald's may have to use one of their restaurant menu screens to advertise what kind of deals can be had with a reward card full of stickers if they do expand that to more than just coffee, hot drinks, and fries. Furthermore, they still mail out physical coupons -- at least for now they do. As long as there is a large enough population without smartphones or willing to join their digital rewards program, there's always a need to have a physical program in place, be it reward cards, coupon sheets, or some other method.
I have a Ssmartphone, and have no app. No President's CHoice app, no Tim app. no McD's app... not that I am paranoid, but those apps are nopt only to give freebies. For them, it's really a consumer's study. All the money they throw in those apps (development, freebies you get via the app) are not for customer's nice eyes... But I guess it's not worse than all the credit cards companies that can foolow your purchases, your phone that follow you via the GPS....
VrajS29439 wrote: It's always $1. If you have order previously you can reorder and pay $1. No matter if offer is running or not.
First cup is not $1.... with this promo they are all $1, even the first cup...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: I have a Ssmartphone, and have no app. No President's CHoice app, no Tim app. no McD's app... not that I am paranoid, but those apps are nopt only to give freebies. For them, it's really a consumer's study. All the money they throw in those apps (development, freebies you get via the app) are not for customer's nice eyes... But I guess it's not worse than all the credit cards companies that can foolow your purchases, your phone that follow you via the GPS....

First cup is not $1.... with this promo they are all $1, even the first cup...
Absolutely. These "free" apps aren't free at all or supplied out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's no money exchanged, you're paying for it with your data (you're the product). Simply put, there's no free lunch. These companies have to hire developers to develop both an iOS and Android app and that costs them money -- and maintain on an ongoing basis. They have to justify the expense with a demonstrable return on investment. That's the price we pay these days to get discounts instead of paying MSRP. For those who choose privacy and freedom first, and not willing to give their data for a discount are literally paying for that decision by paying MSRP. That also goes to show that freedom is not free, it's paid for often at a high price -- literally. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it is a consumer decision only one can make for themself. Just as I'm not anti-profit, but I also have to right to choose as a customer not be be screwed over by the company by accepting their outrageous "deal".
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)