Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

New McDonald's mailer coupons are out

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2022 10:15 am
Apr 26, 2010
422 posts
302 upvotes
Vancouver
xtrain wrote: Suddenly had to drive mother to appointments in the snow this morning, so did the breakfast $4.39 for pick-up through app, as needed coffee. Big notice came up that a bag would cost $0.25 extra ... ordered without, so dude comes out with everything on a tray. Didn't know they were going to charge for paper bags, too.
wonder how they can do this with the cup fee? if i order via app or kiosk. i don't want to wait to pay at the cashier as its always long and only 1 cashier
Jul 23, 2006
196 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
LonesomeDove wrote: They are local. McDonalds are franchises owned by local people. They are no different than the family owned business except they pay part of their revenue to the head office.
not all McDonald's are franchises. Some are company owend. I used to work for a company owned McDonalds in Toronto.
Jun 26, 2019
348 posts
839 upvotes
Goonish wrote: Don't forget the mandatory $0.25 per paper cup fee and $0.15 per paper bag fee, mandated by the CoV... that goes directly back to the business... to "support green initiatives."
It's not that big of a deal. I went to McDonald's and they used a reusable cup to pour the coffee into my reusable cup and gave me a tray to eat inside on. I'm glad we will see less fastfood garbage all over the city and less single use cups clogging up every recycling bin.
green_paper wrote: Only in Vancouver, British Columbia.
No, it's in several cities. For example, City of Surrey has $0.25 for a bag.
gamefacelouie wrote: Have no fear, the virtue signalling Greenies in Ontario will soon insist politicians impose this ridiculous tax.
It's ridiculous to not generate more garbage? Every level of government from municipal, regional, provincial, and federal have been trying to reduce single use trash but the plastic/paper/chemical industry has been using the courts to stall the bans for over a decade. Don't be soft, it's not that hard to bring your reusable cup and eat off a tray. What did your grandpa do before drive-thru's were invented?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
3798 posts
4014 upvotes
Toronto
heyygoogle wrote: i remember the days of $1.39 jr chicken or mcdouble
yeah, very recently too.

much longer memory, 2 for $2 big mac promo.

my neighbor had a family gathering with like 50 people and just baught a 100 big macs that day and threw it on the table hahaha
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
3798 posts
4014 upvotes
Toronto
TASP1978 wrote: not all McDonald's are franchises. Some are company owend. I used to work for a company owned McDonalds in Toronto.
Most big ones seem to be corporate owned.

Anywhere with massive traffic, sports arenas, special transit locations ect, highway rest stop
Jul 23, 2006
196 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
krn905 wrote: Most big ones seem to be corporate owned.

Anywhere with massive traffic, sports arenas, special transit locations ect, highway rest stop
Yes, that is true. The location I worked at was at Dufferin St and Dupont St. in Toronto. I guess that was a pretty big traffic area. Sadly it recently closed and torn down to build condos in the once known as Galleria Plaza.

I also do recall Franchise McDonald's had slightly higher prices than company owned McDonald's.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1142 posts
1219 upvotes
Toronto
Burger king 1 dollar whopper on deck. Ef McDonalds.

16414151818265212887623975344086.jpg
Last edited by bam136 on Jan 6th, 2022 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2018
2547 posts
4756 upvotes
dealzhuntr wrote: It's not that big of a deal. I went to McDonald's and they used a reusable cup to pour the coffee into my reusable cup and gave me a tray to eat inside on. I'm glad we will see less fastfood garbage all over the city and less single use cups clogging up every recycling bin.
No, it's in several cities. For example, City of Surrey has $0.25 for a bag.
It's ridiculous to not generate more garbage? Every level of government from municipal, regional, provincial, and federal have been trying to reduce single use trash but the plastic/paper/chemical industry has been using the courts to stall the bans for over a decade. Don't be soft, it's not that hard to bring your reusable cup and eat off a tray. What did your grandpa do before drive-thru's were invented?
Grandpa couldn't afford to buy food and coffee at work, brought his own coffee and lunch like I did. All these BS environmental taxes and fees in Canada will not improve the global environment by any measurable amount. Just another tax grab going into "general revenue" to be pizzed away by politicians. But our brain dead Liberal politicians and their virtue signalling followers think they will save the world 🤣 When China, India and the USA gets on board let us know. How much of that plastic in the Pacific ocean came from BC?

I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1302 upvotes
Toronto
bam136 wrote: Burger king 1 dollar whopper on deck. Ef McDonalds.
16414151818265212887623975344086.jpg
You’re comparing a promo that’s limited to one per account to a promo that will be going on for one month no limit? I just don’t get how some people make these comparisons. At least apples to apples ya know.
Jun 26, 2019
348 posts
839 upvotes
gamefacelouie wrote: Grandpa couldn't afford to buy food and coffee at work, brought his own coffee and lunch like I did. All these BS environmental taxes and fees in Canada will not improve the global environment by any measurable amount. Just another tax grab going into "general revenue" to be pizzed away by politicians. But our brain dead Liberal politicians and their virtue signalling followers think they will save the world 🤣 When China, India and the USA gets on board let us know. How much of that plastic in the Pacific ocean came from BC?
It's all a grand leftist conspiracy to rob you of your cup and bag.

Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1142 posts
1219 upvotes
Toronto
Tactical wrote: You’re comparing a promo that’s limited to one per account to a promo that will be going on for one month no limit? I just don’t get how some people make these comparisons. At least apples to apples ya know.
I made the account in about 50 seconds. The promo has been running for months and months now. My post was more of a hit piece on McDonald's, and to raise awareness on BK dominating the current burger deal situation.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4940 upvotes
Southern Ontario
xtrain wrote: Prices way up: BOGO used to be $5.50ish, now $7. I guess the rewards program was the end of that.
Omicron and inflation... stuff like that.

First time I've seen these coupons since that program came out. It's better than not having coupons.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2342 upvotes
ChrisE45532 wrote: Crazy that McDonald’s prices are quite high now that a few bucks more can get you a decent lunch special at a sit-down restaurant or something…

Disappointing deals. BK still king (no pun intended) of deals imo.
My go to was the $4.99 for 2 whopper jrs and 2 small fries and $6.99 for 2 original chicken sandwiches and 2 small fries. They increased them both by a dollar with the latest mailers in AB.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: WTF? This is so stupid. Vancouver is charging for paper bags for fast food too?
Minimum fee of $0.15 must be charged per paper shopping bag in 2022.

Businesses keep the paper bag fees, revenue from the bag fees are not remitted to the City.

from https://vancouver.ca/green-vancouver/bags.aspx
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
3798 posts
4014 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: I just never assumed a mcdonalds food bag was a "shopping bag".
Yeh, id love to see someone try to explain where the line is drawn?

What about a box that take out food goes into, like sushi at the grocery, is that a shopping bag?

How about the box the big mac itself goes in, is that one too? or the fries container? do they just dump it all in a reusable bag then?

Tell Loblaws and McDs to pay for the bags, not a consumer. Its free branding, mail every household re-usable bags. They want $1.00 each.

Meanwhile we still dig oil out the ground and they want us to think paper bag fees is acting on climate change while BC burns.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
prod wrote: The idea is to order at the kiosk using the codes in the first post. I havent seen cashiers ask for the actual coupons for close to a year now.
Thanks for drawing my attention to that, I forgot the codes could be entered manually (thought we needed the barcode image to scan)
Jan 13, 2012
565 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
sylvestor2002 wrote: 1 reason not to go to Vancouver :facepalm:
Can't tell if serious. If our terrible McDics offers haven't scared you off, try the sushi, specifically salmon in the summer. You'll forget all about Grimace.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
its puzzling why McDonalds is charging 15 cents a bag when the new Vancouver bylaw bans single use plastic bags. The problem is McDonalds never used plastic bags before so why they doing a cash grab now.

Secondly, for paper cups, businesses could lower coffee by .25 and then add back the the .25 cup fee to have the same price/value as before. By adding the .25 for the cup without lowering the price of the drink only enlarges the companies profits since the extra .25 does not go the government.

Interestingly that is exactly what the Downtown Costco did. They are not charging customers for the paper cup in the $1.50 hotdog deal. The price remains the same: $1.50. On the checkout it clearly points out the ,25 is included in the price. If only other fast food places follow the lead of Costco.
Have a nice day!

Nov 16, 2007
507 posts
503 upvotes
The only reason these are out is because people make new years resolutions to lose weight so McDonalds experiences a slump in sales in January so they release these coupons to stimulate sales.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2559 posts
823 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: Can't tell if serious. If our terrible McDics offers haven't scared you off, try the sushi, specifically salmon in the summer. You'll forget all about Grimace.
review post 19 & 27 to understand what I was referring to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)