New Rewards Program - Bonus 5000 Points with $1 purchase

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2022 5:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1098 posts
1280 upvotes
Kitchener
Mystix wrote: The Shoppers Optimum model.
mmm, more like the rexall model.

pc optimum is a mega generous program , especially at shoppers. And it's not deceiving or hard to understand at all really.. Very easy to know the value at a glance: Just divide by 10 and you got your cpp as 1 points = 1 cent. 5000 = 5 bucks.
And in case you forget, most/all the shoppers flyers usually even explain it. "earn 20,000 points on $50 spend, That's like $20 in points"

What's a mcD point worth? I have no idea. Id have to do a spreadsheet of all the items and im sure the cpp varies depending on both what you want to redeem for, and your location since each local mcD can set there prices.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3090 posts
3082 upvotes
Prince George
Eleventeen wrote: Hashbrown musta been a typo, since at even the most expensive McD in canada i think they are only 1.29 regular. My location you get 2 for 1.60.

So i got the notification saying $1.50 also, but clicking into it, they are offering em for 50 cents.
$2.09 for one here Face With Tears Of Joy I checked before I posted. They are absolutely on crack. (Or maybe I should say, anyone who buys a 10 cent hash brown for 2 bucks is.)
Mar 5, 2014
116 posts
233 upvotes
Djinni wrote: welp as someone that gets only coffee from McDonalds, this is worse. Before I'd get free coffee on my 7th cup, now I have to spend $40 to get a free latte...
Same. Time to switch to somewhere else. This points program is bs, awful
Jun 23, 2010
111 posts
300 upvotes
GTA
Now that most of us realize that the new rewards program is actually a downgrade from the coffee program maybe McDonalds will at least (in consolation) let us use our McDonalds gift cards to pay on the McDs app ?
Nov 26, 2020
46 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh shit, didn't know they changed the program. Do they still accept the previous coffee stickers? I have dozens unredeemed right now
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13016 posts
11845 upvotes
In order to use GC and collect points, I hit the code button at the bottom menu of my app to get a code to login at the kiosk to order and pay with GC.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Dec 27, 2021
39 posts
41 upvotes
icdc29 wrote: Oh shit, didn't know they changed the program. Do they still accept the previous coffee stickers? I have dozens unredeemed right now
I had a huge stack to redeem and literally redeemed them all just to find out apparently they updated the website and are not cancelling it anymore???

But I still have a few coupons (free medium) on my app that still says theyre expiring Feb 28, 2022.
Oct 7, 2018
212 posts
451 upvotes
Montreal
I feel like introducing points could be a reason for them to ditch the seasonal coupons since there's an incentive to every purchase now.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1249 posts
592 upvotes
Markham
DanZChief wrote: I feel like introducing points could be a reason for them to ditch the seasonal coupons since there's an incentive to every purchase now.
I noticed that the seasonal coupons were added to the app today. It looks the same as the last coupons so not that great but it looks like we will still get them.
Oct 12, 2007
682 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
Zombie bump, but I am not happy. I just found out these points expire.

Redeeming my points and never buying from McDonald's again.
Jun 10, 2017
751 posts
969 upvotes
Whoaness wrote: Zombie bump, but I am not happy. I just found out these points expire.

Interesting.. I should check mine.. I've been accumulating and haven't been using.

Update: just checked.. Looks like the points expire 7 months from when they are earned. That's an odd number.. I would be ok if it were a year. At least they tell you how many points are about to expire soon.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
Whoaness wrote: Zombie bump, but I am not happy. I just found out these points expire.

The points expirations was in the terms and conditions when you signed up.

Point expiration. Points expire on the first (1st) day of the month after the sixth (6th) month from the date such points were earned, except where prohibited by law. Points will be maintained in your account until you exchange your points for a reward, or until they expire, whichever occurs first. If McDonald’s terminates the Program, any unused points in your account will expire and be void when the Program is terminated. Upon termination of your account for any reason (including, but not limited to, whether you choose to close your account or McDonald’s terminates your account for a violation of these Terms), all points that you have accumulated in MyMcDonald’s Rewards will immediately expire.

from McDonald's Canada Mobile App & Website Terms and Conditions
Destiny is all
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
GenericMember wrote: Interesting.. I should check mine.. I've been accumulating and haven't been using.

Update: just checked.. Looks like the points expire 7 months from when they are earned. That's an odd number.. I would be ok if it were a year. At least they tell you how many points are about to expire soon.
Points expire on the first (1st) day of the month after the sixth (6th) month from the date such points were earned
Destiny is all

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)