Shopping Discussion

McDonalds no longer accepting printed coupons?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2018 10:15 pm
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
148 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC

McDonalds no longer accepting printed coupons?

Is Mcdonalds no longer accepting printed coupons anymore? I tried using a printed coupon as usual here in BC but this time i was told by the cashier that they aren't accepting prined coupons anymore..i tried with 2 different locations who said the same thing. I don't know if they just stopped accepting them now temporarily but i wonder if this means they won't have it available to download on their site anymore
17 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37053 posts
23022 upvotes
Center of Universe
They just scan it and toss it out!
Don't see why it matters.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1828 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
So what happens to ppl who don't have a smart phone..eg Seniors or kids???
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
148 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Scott M. wrote: Are you using the printable coupons from their website?

https://www4.mcdonalds.ca/coupons/image ... Mailer.pdf

Because those are specifically designed to be printed. I've had no problems using them (you can also use them at the kiosks).
yeah those are the ones i was using. i just printed it off their website with the code and i had no problems before when they have these monthly coupons but today they said they aren't accepting them anymore...like i wonder if this is just temporary where they stopped taking them before it expires but they told me here in victoria that they won't be accepting them anymore. i went to 2 mcdonalds who said that
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1277 posts
902 upvotes
Mississauga
call/email the head office for Canada. Give them the store locations and your order id. they will probably send you something in the mail.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
148 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC
one of them allowed me to use a coupon one last time but i didn't bother ordering anything at the other mcdonalds. would i email them this receipt and tell them that they weren't offering this deal in printed form anymore?

because they do accept your coupon if it came in the book but just not printed ones
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4376 upvotes
If they aren't accepting the coupon at the counter, use the self-service kiosk. The barcode reader on it will read the code off your coupon (whether you printed it or have it on your phone) and add the items at the sale prices, to your order.

When RFD posts the current McDonald's coupons I download the PDF and save it on my phone for this purpose.
Mar 12, 2018
180 posts
771 upvotes
probably a anal cashier

I print 2 additional sets of coupons after I use up all the original ones and never had a problem
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20935 posts
5355 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The McDonald's I visit everyday doesn't ask me for coupons. When I ask for a meal, they give me the coupon price.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8913 posts
2845 upvotes
Mississauga
Just show the coupon on your phone. This method always works for me.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4678 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto
I used a coupon maybe two weeks ago, then the cashier handed it back to me, saying, it's still good until [date], so they didn't even mind that I was reusing the same coupon.

That being said, the app commonly shows a general $5 off ($15 or $20, I forget), which may work out better if you don't have a coupon that you're interested in.
Banned
Mar 19, 2018
85 posts
17 upvotes
I still use the physical McDonald's coupon booklet from the mail. No problem there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6583 posts
1269 upvotes
jm1 wrote: I used a coupon maybe two weeks ago, then the cashier handed it back to me, saying, it's still good until [date], so they didn't even mind that I was reusing the same coupon.
A friend recently told me that - you can use a regular coupon from the booklet and when the cashier has keyed it in or scanned it you can ask for it back and they ill give it to you so that you can use it over and over again, up until the expiry date.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2901 posts
1557 upvotes
B.C.
mdb1983 wrote: Is Mcdonalds no longer accepting printed coupons anymore? I tried using a printed coupon as usual here in BC but this time i was told by the cashier that they aren't accepting prined coupons anymore..i tried with 2 different locations who said the same thing. I don't know if they just stopped accepting them now temporarily but i wonder if this means they won't have it available to download on their site anymore
Which location was it? Which two were the other two that denied?
[OP]
Dec 28, 2014
148 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC
lennyandcarl wrote: Which location was it? Which two were the other two that denied?
it was the shelbourne location in victoria. they always take my printed coupon away but they were the ones who told me that they don't accept printed ones anymore..there's usually a manager there but not that time.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1986 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
Weird. McDonald's locations near me actually do not accept coupons anymore, as in they'll give you the coupon price without the coupon.