• Dec 29th, 2021 5:57 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham

McDonalds "offers" in their app...much fewer

Anyone else notice that the offers in the McDonalds app is much fewer than before. I only have two offers in there.

$4 Bagel sandwich value meal and buy hot choc get a free cookie.

Maybe it's YMMV because I rarely pay full price. Just asking if others are having similar experience.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
25 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
The McDonalds APP was always lacking in good deals, nowso even more.

The A&W app is not very good as well, but if you check online their site coupons there are very good. Recently however the family meals (4 combo's) have disappeared, but plenty of the single combo or double combo coupons.

Burger King App is now the most consistent for deals all the way up to the family combo's....so i mostly use that for the base and use the other options as the once in a while when the mood strikes.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
I have the same 2 offers as you plus a $3 Big Mac at Walmart locations offer. Before MyMcDonald's Rewards came in I remember usually having more offers (4-5 typically).
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jul 13, 2012
57 posts
43 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I thought it was just me. I just have one offer and it's for a $3 big mac at Walmart.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
So it isn't just me then. McD's has cut way back on their offers.

Not sure why A&W doesn't put their coupons on the app instead of going thru the web.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2863 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
It seemed to happen at the same time as the new rewards program launched.
Nobody cares which companies you use/subscribe to on a monthly basis unless there is a deal to be had. Why advertise for them in your forum signature?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
This makes it much easier to boycott.
Jul 13, 2003
314 posts
1035 upvotes
I had good offers all summer,. They dried up quite a bit when the fall came, and they're not even worth looking at now that the new rewards program started. As someone else mentioned, the Burger King app has great offers that are consistent week after week.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
jonnieh wrote: I had good offers all summer,. They dried up quite a bit when the fall came, and they're not even worth looking at now that the new rewards program started. As someone else mentioned, the Burger King app has great offers that are consistent week after week.
Bk is one of the only burger fast food apps i don't have. I need to install that one.

Interestingly their chicken sandwich is one that i actually like... That peppery note sings to me.

Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
360 upvotes
Supply logistics I'm guessing.....OP, probably time to start cooking / making your own eh, cheaper and bang for your bucks RFD style. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6185 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Not only a lack of deals but also bad offers. I keep getting offers I never use.
Stop eating there since 20pc nuggets + medium fries is almost 20 bucks now...
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
sffpcgtx wrote: Supply logistics I'm guessing.....OP, probably time to start cooking / making your own eh, cheaper and bang for your bucks RFD style. LOL
apparently McDonald's Japan is having a potatoes supply issue. So you've probably hit the nail on the head. If they are having issues there, they are probably having issues in Canada too as they are having trouble shipping potatoes to McDonald's Japan.

Literally having to ration French fries and only sell small fries in Japan.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
The Japan potato issue has been linked at least in part to the BC floods and the roads and railways being cut off from the Eastern Canada where a lot of potatoes are grown.

This shouldn’t be affecting Canadian McD’s stores.
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
360 upvotes
The potato farms in PEI and Alliston, Ont can't find the staff.....it seems. LOL
bluebellrose wrote: apparently McDonald's Japan is having a potatoes supply issue. So you've probably hit the nail on the head. If they are having issues there, they are probably having issues in Canada too as they are having trouble shipping potatoes to McDonald's Japan.

Literally having to ration French fries and only sell small fries in Japan.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17379 upvotes
Markham
sffpcgtx wrote: The potato farms in PEI and Alliston, Ont can't find the staff.....it seems. LOL
A lot of the in the field farm workers are brought in on temp VISA. Local ppl will not do this work. Sad reality that Gov't puts farmers thru the wringer so they can bring ppl in, they have to pay to prove they tried to find local etc before they can go the bring in from outside route.

With the border restrictions, COVID protocols, outbreaks etc, a lot of farms couldn't get workers.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I think it's because there's now "Bonus Points" offers as well. This is what I have:

-$3+tax McMuffin EVM
-$1+tax Large Fries
-100 Bonus Points if buying a Big Mac or QPC
-50 Bonus Points when buying 2 donuts

So technically that's actually 4 offers. Plus I get a "Game Day" offer whenever the Jets or Ice play.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1800 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, especially breakfast stuff. I frequently got offers which I used. Now nothing worthwhile so I don’t bothering ordering there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
Yeah, I legit haven't gone to McDonalds once since they introduced the points system.

Old loyalty + coupons was far better for me.
Dec 27, 2021
98 posts
137 upvotes
This is the same for me. I only have the 1 or 2 deals and theyre maybe $0.50 off from the regular price of the item...

I'm glad they went back on their initial plan to cancel the sticker buy 7 get 1 free medium hot drink. My parents despise anything app scanning related Loudly Crying Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)