Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Ontario Only: Free Medium fries from McDonald's when Raptors score 12+ 3-pointers

Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6772 posts
418 upvotes
Richmond Hill
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 13th, 2019 10:54 am
For us non raptors fans, who cares how good was the game, we only cares if there are free fries or not.
Smh. Kawhi makes history for the NBA, the city and is forever engraved in Raptors folklore and you only care about the fries. There will be plenty of chances in the future, just enjoy this historic moment.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18248 posts
6300 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 13th, 2019 11:11 am
Sorry to say this, but I would rather see the free fries rises.
Continuing to win is an enabler for fries.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jul 12, 2011
383 posts
133 upvotes
MARKHAM
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:14 pm
Smh. Kawhi makes history for the NBA, the city and is forever engraved in Raptors folklore and you only care about the fries. There will be plenty of chances in the future, just enjoy this historic moment.
The thing is, why would a non-Raptor fan care about this "historic" moment? It just doesn't make sense. The fries are WAYYYY more important for so many people in Toronto.

I think most would give up this win for the fries. Most would rather have the fries.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6772 posts
418 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MobyZz wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:30 pm
The thing is, why would a non-Raptor fan care about this "historic" moment? It just doesn't make sense. The fries are WAYYYY more important for so many people in Toronto.

I think most would give up this win for the fries. Most would rather have the fries.
Sorry to hear that. The city and entire country coming together as one to support this team has been an amazing ride and experience that has yet to end this season. We're talking about one of the greatest moments in Toronto sports history. Too bad you're not part of it.
Jul 12, 2011
383 posts
133 upvotes
MARKHAM
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:42 pm
Sorry to hear that. The city and entire country coming together as one to support this team has been an amazing ride and experience that has yet to end this season. We're talking about one of the greatest moments in Toronto sports history. Too bad you're not part of it.
This thread is about free fries, the fact that it's getting bumped suggests that free fries should be available. It's not. It's disappointing to most who view this thread.

People shouldn't assume that EVERYONE has to care about The Raptors winning a basketball game, not everyone is into basketball - well sports in general that is.
Jan 29, 2010
391 posts
174 upvotes
For those complaining about no free fries, think about this: More postseason wins for Raptors will put us on the map internationally. This leads to more immigration to TO, and TO real estate being more desirable. So, if you own a place in GTA, you benefit from the win yesterday as the real estate market will boom more :)

TO real estate: To the moon
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jillaryit wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:50 pm
For those complaining about no free fries, think about this: More postseason wins for Raptors will put us on the map internationally. This leads to more immigration to TO, and TO real estate being more desirable. So, if you own a place in GTA, you benefit from the win yesterday as the real estate market will boom more :)

TO real estate: To the moon
On the contrary to what you said, it is the opposite.
The more immigrants, perhaps including illegal ones, will make the city more congested.
Problems includes, but not limited to harder to find a place to rent for a reasonable price, more traffic, more garbage on the street, more people getting money from social service.
Most immigrants do not buy into real estates, investors do.
jeffyjaixx wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:42 pm
Well, unless there are freebies for this greatest moment in Toronto, most people do not care. Celebrations will be limited to raptors fans. A lot of people who lives in the city do not even know what is Raptors (don't laugh. It is true).
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
May 13, 2011
832 posts
326 upvotes
Ajax
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:03 pm
On the contrary to what you said, it is the opposite.
The more immigrants, perhaps including illegal ones, will make the city more congested.
Problems includes, but not limited to harder to find a place to rent for a reasonable price, more traffic, more garbage on the street, more people getting money from social service.
Most immigrants do not buy into real estates, investors do.

Well, unless there are freebies for this greatest moment in Toronto, most people do not care. Celebrations will be limited to raptors fans. A lot of people who lives in the city do not even know what is Raptors (don't laugh. It is true).
More garbage on the street as a result of immigrants? Immigrants do not buy real estate??? Who is your source for all of this BS? Guess Trump has been filling your head with cow manure...let's get back on topic and hope for free fries on Thursday...
Jul 24, 2008
820 posts
401 upvotes
Wow, we touched on a lot of things in this thread. Just need to know your stance on abortion and we are good.
Yay sports!
Mar 3, 2005
747 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
What's up with all the debates? How about we try and stay on topic? lol.

If anyone is wondering No free fries today.

That is all. Nothing else to see here until next game.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6772 posts
418 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MobyZz wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:48 pm
This thread is about free fries, the fact that it's getting bumped suggests that free fries should be available. It's not. It's disappointing to most who view this thread.

People shouldn't assume that EVERYONE has to care about The Raptors winning a basketball game, not everyone is into basketball - well sports in general that is.
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:03 pm
It is perfectly fine to just view the thread to see if free fries are available after a raptors game. The thread is also updated to inform others when free fries are NOT available.

Just giving you guys some perspective into why last night's win wasn't just a normal win without fries for a lot of sports fans.

My last comment regarding this subject matter. Enjoy your Monday, guys.

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
covabwoy wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:20 pm
More garbage on the street as a result of immigrants? Immigrants do not buy real estate??? Who is your source for all of this BS? Guess Trump has been filling your head with cow manure...let's get back on topic and hope for free fries on Thursday...
To be exact, more population because of immigrant result in more pollution. Everyone, including you and me have our share of microplastic in the ocean and the pile of garbage that has no where to go.
And it is not immigrants do not buy real estate, it is MOST immigrant do not buy real estate. Actually, most people cannot afford to buy real estate. Not just immigrant. Unless you believe most people buy, and only a small fraction of people rent.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Aug 12, 2013
33 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Admittedly, the scope of this thread is just free fries (since this is RFD and in the Hot Deals forum), but complainers need to lighten up and let people revel a bit, since it's a historic moment.

And yes, this means tolerating that your fellow man made you waste 3 seconds checking why this thread was bumped. It's OK. It won't happen again for a while.
Sep 28, 2018
613 posts
1304 upvotes
billyea wrote:
May 13th, 2019 1:58 pm
Admittedly, the scope of this thread is just free fries (since this is RFD and in the Hot Deals forum), but complainers need to lighten up and let people revel a bit, since it's a historic moment.
It would feel a lot more historic if there were fries is all we're saying. It feels less historic now.