Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Ontario Only: Free Medium fries from McDonald's when Raptors score 12+ 3-pointers

Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4085 posts
818 upvotes
GTEH!
MaximDude wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 12:43 am
Raptors spoiling us with so much free fries recently! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Wasp14 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 9:43 pm
I wonder if McDonald's wasn't expecting the Raps to get 12 or more three pointers so often this season(?) Not that I'm complaining. The times when I have a free coffee, plus the fries and a coupon for a $3 burger are the best. I have a McDonald's about a twenty minute walk away so this motivates me to get out for a bit.
Not complaining either, but all these free fries every other day makes me exercise more. I can always skip the free fries once in awhile (Nah!)
pny128 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 10:28 am
There's no way they are doing this without getting something in return from raptors.
Definitely Raptors are paying for the free fries. No way Mcdonalds would pick up the Tab. (my guess)
😎
Mar 8, 2007
417 posts
551 upvotes
Webhead wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 10:47 am
Not complaining either, but all these free fries every other day makes me exercise more. I can always skip the free fries once in awhile (Nah!)

Definitely Raptors are paying for the free fries. No way Mcdonalds would pick up the Tab. (my guess)
I suspect this is probably funded mostly by mcdonalds franchises as a promo.

fries aren't that expensive. even after considering labor/packaging etc. While the franchises are getting a bit of a hit they are also driving a number of customer purchases they would not have otherwise had.

they also get to write most of this off as a marketing expense.

although I agree - I don't think they foresaw this happening as often as they have been.
Feb 13, 2015
909 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
silenthunder wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 10:55 am

fries aren't that expensive. even after considering labor/packaging etc. While the franchises are getting a bit of a hit they are also driving a number of customer purchases they would not have otherwise had.

they also get to write most of this off as a marketing expense.

although I agree - I don't think they foresaw this happening as often as they have been.
Not really. Most of the people are just going for free fries. Like myself everytime this promo happens i have like 3 accounts and just get the fries, i wouldn't dare buy anything else. Cause i don't like mcdonalds food in general. Fries are okay and their fish fillet is good. Thats it
😎Thanks RFD😎
Apr 14, 2017
421 posts
375 upvotes
silenthunder wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 10:55 am
There is an official partnership between mcdonalds and raptors: http://www.adnews.com/38241
At the very least mcdonalds are getting advertising from them:
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1546 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
Ever have a manager push back on the free fries if you’re adding to the order using another offer?

I’ve run into this a couple of times where they say I am double dipping. And that it says one offer per customer. I know they’re trying to get you to buy regular priced items along with the free fries.

I ask them what the difference is if I just walk away and come back in one minute and reorder. They usually don’t have an answer and allow me to use the coupon.
Jun 28, 2013
56 posts
52 upvotes
Happen to be beside a mcds checked the app. Free fries boys!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4119 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
blindemboss wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 12:27 pm
Ever have a manager push back on the free fries if you’re adding to the order using another offer?

I’ve run into this a couple of times where they say I am double dipping. And that it says one offer per customer. I know they’re trying to get you to buy regular priced items along with the free fries.

I ask them what the difference is if I just walk away and come back in one minute and reorder. They usually don’t have an answer and allow me to use the coupon.
This is why I usually use kiosks as much as possible these days. Even though it might take abit longer, its just easier to make a couple of separate orders and then pick them up and the employees don't really care. Also its nice to take my time with my order especially when I'm switching to different accounts than feel like I have to get it done quick in front of a cashier.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3581 posts
737 upvotes
After all the free fries this year, I think they might up it to 14 3-pointers next year.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated December 2018
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1465 posts
612 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 8:18 am
After all the free fries this year, I think they might up it to 14 3-pointers next year.
Since their 3 point average is still 12 I doubt they will raise it to 14, what they may do is make it a special price like $0.99 if they keep it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9373 posts
2730 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Fries or no fries tomorrow?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4119 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
WTF WTF WTF?!!??! LAST SECOND HAIL MARY FROM HALF COURT AND THE RAPS LOSE THE GAME!??!!?! Astonished Face Disappointed But Relieved Face

And no free fries either. :(
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2060 posts
983 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Andro wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 8:18 pm
Fries or no fries tomorrow?
No fries. One short from free fries.
:D
Jun 19, 2015
425 posts
153 upvotes
North York, ON
MaximDude wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 8:24 pm
WTF WTF WTF?!!??! LAST SECOND HAIL MARY FROM HALF COURT AND THE RAPS LOSE THE GAME!??!!?! Astonished Face Disappointed But Relieved Face

And no free fries either. :(
I know, I couldn’t believe that ball went in. No luck for Raptors today.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6346 posts
1333 upvotes
triple wammy! lost game on fluke shot, no free fries, short 1 tray lol ..no bogo pizza slice!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

hitonono