Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Ontario Only: Free Medium fries from McDonald's when Raptors score 12+ 3-pointers

Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18002 posts
6028 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:07 pm
But why would the average person want bland fries compared to fresh/semi-fresh or even stale fries? I would prefer stale salted fries than their fresh bland ones.
Add your own salt. Shoe string fries have very little heat capacity. Best to get fresh.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 9, 2013
516 posts
405 upvotes
Scarborough
will888 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 12:02 am
Add your own salt. Shoe string fries have very little heat capacity. Best to get fresh.
Can just ask them for a fresh batch either way salted or add your own after. They only take a few minutes to be done since their the shoe string type anyway.
Mar 18, 2011
527 posts
161 upvotes
Pickering
Andro wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:32 pm
Don't think you need to be concerned with freshhness with this promo. With the amount of people claiming, there is new batch every few minutes)

Right. I got a fresh batch right when I ordered.
Dec 14, 2004
731 posts
59 upvotes
Waterloo
Winkle wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 2:25 pm
McDonald's has had to give out free fries after almost (or every) Rap's game for the last 3 weeks at least. There's no way they're doing this promo without increasing the requirements, if they even do it at all, again next season.
It’s also quite possible that although they might have underestimated how often they would give free fries that this is still a great promo from an advertising and exposure perspective. Without the data we don’t know, but for all we know this might be the cheapest ad campaign they’ve ever run. Not to mention this could be driving increased sales as people buy something that they wouldn’t have purchased when they come in for their free fries.
May 3, 2008
831 posts
397 upvotes
Markham
Other than students and RFDers who would go in and just get the free fries and nothing else, my observation tells me still tons of other customers getting non-fries item as well. I believe its a successful campaign and the increase in traffic to their stores are well worth it.
Oct 27, 2006
635 posts
53 upvotes
I've had several experience where after receiving the fries is hard to eat plus it's cold. I would rather have fresh non salty fries too
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3992 posts
1508 upvotes
skwan wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 10:45 am
I've had several experience where after receiving the fries is hard to eat plus it's cold. I would rather have fresh non salty fries too
ask them for a fresh batch when ordering at the counter. They will do it.
Jul 24, 2008
808 posts
303 upvotes
You can definitely ask for a fresh batch as long you you don't mind being "that guy".
Mar 16, 2008
176 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Since McDonald’s now have an order number - pick up system (IE: You now order via McD app/mobile, touchscreen, at counter, UberEATS, etc,... then get a number,... then pick up at counter when number called); McDonalds ordering system's algorithm can prioritize the orders,... not based on when your order was actually placed but prioritize order based on what’s being ordered & what’s ready.

With this promo, I usually just get the free fries ordered via their touchscreen. I’m noticing, other bigger orders (combo orders) with fries would generally get higher priority & faster service than mine; in other words, they get first dibs on the fresh fries - while I wait longer! Often, I'll see my free medium fries sitting in their red container by the fryer just waiting to be bagged! While the fries I get are usually still fresh (I’d say 15-20% are on the cold non-fresh side), a higher proportion of these Free Raptor Fries only orders have fries that would have otherwise likely been destined to be thrown out if not for this promo. Since the cost of fries is potato (dirt cheap) - literally,.... this promo isn’t all that costly to McDonalds & Raptors,... and it generates a lot more foot traffic & get folks used to ordering via McD app & touchscreen which are lower cost for McDonald’s.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3992 posts
1508 upvotes
most simple way is to take someone else's single order of fries. Seen it done to me many times. Just grab the order that came out of the fryer and make the other guy take the order from guy in line behind him.
Apr 24, 2011
229 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 2:47 pm
most simple way is to take someone else's single order of fries. Seen it done to me many times. Just grab the order that came out of the fryer and make the other guy take the order from guy in line behind him.
Most McDonalds I go to, they call out the order number just before they hand over the fries. If you're grabbing random fry orders, you're taking the chance that the person holding the matching order slip is not paying attention. Is fresh fries worth the potential dispute that could follow, when they also claim the order? I think not.
Last edited by JPRUEFER on Apr 9th, 2019 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10542 posts
5195 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ask for no salt fries, you'll get a fresh batch.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9356 posts
2725 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Fries or no fries tomorrow?
Jul 12, 2011
350 posts
118 upvotes
MARKHAM
Andro wrote: