Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Ontario Only: Free Medium fries from McDonald's when Raptors score 12+ 3-pointers

Aug 10, 2017
45 posts
32 upvotes
F8BE7EEA-769D-412F-99CF-60E7745DC255.jpeg

The wording almost makes it seem like they'll be continuing after the regular games end? Not entirely sure.
Dec 31, 2008
313 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
sunnyray_toronto wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:02 pm
Since McDonald’s now have an order number - pick up system (IE: You now order via McD app/mobile, touchscreen, at counter, UberEATS, etc,... then get a number,... then pick up at counter when number called); McDonalds ordering system's algorithm can prioritize the orders,... not based on when your order was actually placed but prioritize order based on what’s being ordered & what’s ready.

With this promo, I usually just get the free fries ordered via their touchscreen. I’m noticing, other bigger orders (combo orders) with fries would generally get higher priority & faster service than mine; in other words, they get first dibs on the fresh fries - while I wait longer! Often, I'll see my free medium fries sitting in their red container by the fryer just waiting to be bagged! While the fries I get are usually still fresh (I’d say 15-20% are on the cold non-fresh side), a higher proportion of these Free Raptor Fries only orders have fries that would have otherwise likely been destined to be thrown out if not for this promo. Since the cost of fries is potato (dirt cheap) - literally,.... this promo isn’t all that costly to McDonalds & Raptors,... and it generates a lot more foot traffic & get folks used to ordering via McD app & touchscreen which are lower cost for McDonald’s.
This is why I usually go to the drive through if I'm only getting the free fries. They have to give out the orders in order.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
matttheman wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 1:37 am
All the complaints over FREE fries, the saying “you get what you pay for” is true, if you’re not paying for the fries don’t expect them to be as hot and fresh as the person who paid for their fries in their combo. There’s alot of people in this world who wish they could even get their hands on some cold hard fries just to fill their stomach in the lesser developed countries in the world, but here we are complaining about our fries not being hot enough, too salty, hard etc. Sorry for the rant but also seeing people in the McDonald’s restaurants as well that I usually go to complain about their free fries gets on my nerves. Like take what you get, if you dont like it then don’t eat it because you never even paid for it in the first place and consider it as a gift from McDonald’s and the raps.
I don't think your philosophy of lowering product standards for promotional items is the way to go. It's important to maintain consistency, even during promos and freebie handouts. I bet if you're running a AYCE restaurant, you'd be reheating old food to save money. "Wot wot wot, customers pay $10 for AYCE and still expect something FRESH? Any food at all is a win for them!"
Apr 18, 2007
324 posts
350 upvotes
Cambridge
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but, the free French fries will continue through playoffs. Let's hope for a deep run for the Toronto Raptors. Attached a picture from the McDonald's twitter
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7949 posts
1022 upvotes
svattom wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 7:21 pm
This is why I usually go to the drive through if I'm only getting the free fries. They have to give out the orders in order.
Hrm... I think it's YMMV. The McD's I go to hand out the fries to me real quick, in one instance they called out my order number before I had even pulled the receipt out of the self-order kiosk despite there being 4 or 5 orders ahead of mine. For such a tiny order they get it out first, at least at the McD's I go to.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2975 posts
1356 upvotes
Mississauga
BooFA1010 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:18 am
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but, the free French fries will continue through playoffs. Let's hope for a deep run for the Toronto Raptors. Attached a picture from the McDonald's twitter
Awesome
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19001 posts
5899 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
FFS I hate how everything has to be done with an app these days.
Nov 9, 2013
695 posts
773 upvotes
Scarborough
Looks like free fries again tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4172 posts
375 upvotes
Mississauga
So many fries! And its great to hear that it keeps going into the playoffs too! :D
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7257 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto
Last ever fries offer ??
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Apr 18, 2007
324 posts
350 upvotes
Cambridge
Pochacco wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:03 pm
Last ever fries offer ??
According to the McDonald's Canada Twitter feed the free fries will continue through playoffs.
Images
  • upload.png