Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

PSA: Use Your In-App Free Coffee/Fries Rewards by February 28th

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2022 8:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2014
5298 posts
5181 upvotes
Oakville, ON
So to clarify this is just the digital rewards correct ? The paper sticker aspect isn’t expiring and can still be redeemed post feb 28th nationwide ???
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
mrfrugal83 wrote: So to clarify this is just the digital rewards correct ? The paper sticker aspect isn’t expiring and can still be redeemed post feb 28th nationwide ???
Yes, this is just for the digital rewards

Completed McCafé Rewards cards can still be redeemed until further notice

from New MyMcDonald's Rewards is here Frequently Asked Questions
https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/getm ... wards.html

What happens to the on-cup McCafé stickers?

There are no changes to the on-cup McCafé Rewards sticker program at this time. That said, we are currently testing removing the on-cup McCafé Rewards stickers in Manitoba and selected areas of Northwestern Ontario (Fort Frances, Kenora, Dryden). These areas were part of our test for the new MyMcDonald’s Rewards program. We’ll keep our guests informed about any other changes we make in the future.

From the On-Cup McCafé Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/term ... n-cup.html

"*Note that in the Province of Manitoba, and in Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances, Ontario, the on-cup McCafé Rewards program ended as of October 5, 2021. Completed McCafé Rewards cards will be redeemed at participating McDonald’s restaurants in these areas until further notice."
Destiny is all
Sep 15, 2010
95 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond
If you have any free Big Mac coupons from their Christmas Gift Card promo (buy $25 get a free Big Mac deal), those coupons also expire today.
Also, YMMV, but if you redeem one of those Big Mac coupons, make it a Bacon Big Mac, and I don't think they'll charge you extra for the bacon. I've done it twice, and bacon was a free add at two different locations in BC. Good luck!
Fido since November 17, 2023.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2120 posts
571 upvotes
Ever since they updated the loyalty program, I could not find the rewards I had accumulated.

I also hate the new app, 1) at first I always forgot to tell them the code when I order and only realized when it was time to pay 2) it is very slow and many times it just won't show me a code when I was waiting at the drive through. I felt bad for keeping others waiting so I just gave up.

Damn, I like the old fashion stickers!
I am not evil; I just live another way
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: Got 3 app rewards left, Can you redeem more than 1 reward in an order or do I have to create 3 seaparate orders?
3 separate orders
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
asterisk* wrote: 3 separate orders
what a pain. Whatevs. Hopefully they won't care when I order. :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Used my last in one account today. Checked my other accounts only had one in there, probably use it tonight before it goes bye-bye.

Think I had more free fries in 2022 already than any other year, with all the Raptors free ones plus having to redeem all the ones I had banked.

Thanks McD's, it was a slice! Points aren't great but hey, it's something. I'm good with that as I'll probably use them more frequently for other things than fries anyhow.

Now to start working on all those coffee cards before they expire those...
watuzzi wrote: If you have any free Big Mac coupons from their Christmas Gift Card promo (buy $25 get a free Big Mac deal), those coupons also expire today.
Also, YMMV, but if you redeem one of those Big Mac coupons, make it a Bacon Big Mac, and I don't think they'll charge you extra for the bacon. I've done it twice, and bacon was a free add at two different locations in BC. Good luck!
Yeah I mentioned the same a few pages back. Used my last one last week, didn't even think to add the bacon--oh well doubt I would have gotten it for free anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
walked out with 5 separate order of fries, booyah!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2935 upvotes
Markham
So they continue to provide the sticker for the physical card going forward still ?
Mar 28, 2016
460 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
I have three of these, will buy three fries tonight.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3782 posts
6265 upvotes
I have like 30 filled paper cards. Can these be redeemed for free fries as well? Or are those just strictly coffee only?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Allen84 wrote: I have like 30 filled paper cards. Can these be redeemed for free fries as well? Or are those just strictly coffee only?
No, only medium hot McCafé beverages

from On-Cup McCafé Rewards Program Terms and Conditions

"Purchase valid on the following hot McCafé beverages purchased à la carte or as part of a meal or pairing: latte, cappuccino, mocha, Americano, brewed coffee, tea and Deluxe Hot Chocolate; not valid on single espresso and double espresso. Redemption valid on a medium hot McCafé beverage; choose from single espresso, double espresso, latte, cappuccino, mocha, Americano, brewed coffee, tea or Deluxe Hot Chocolate. Redemption not available with meals or pairings, or with any other offer, discount or coupon. Valid at participating McDonald’s restaurants in Canada. Product availability varies by restaurant."
Destiny is all
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To clarify, in Ontario, will on cup stickers still work, or just the in app reward expires 28 Feb?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3782 posts
6265 upvotes
k9fire wrote: To clarify, in Ontario, will on cup stickers still work, or just the in app reward expires 28 Feb?
It's just the free app fries/coffee are expiring today. The physical card stickers are still good until further notice, as I've read that they are doing a test market in Manitoba I think to eventually phase them out.

It probably won't go well, with the customers if they actually get rid of it in the near future.
Feb 1, 2019
120 posts
166 upvotes
I also walked out with 5 separate orders. This will add to my pandemic fatness.
Sep 14, 2014
393 posts
304 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Anybody want two coffees or fries?
Jun 23, 2010
330 posts
892 upvotes
GTA
Just went to McDonalds today, March 1 2022 and ordered a Latte with my physical coffee card.

I am confirming they are still accepted and also received another new sticker with my cup.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Dhanushan wrote: Yes, this is just for the digital rewards

Completed McCafé Rewards cards can still be redeemed until further notice

from New MyMcDonald's Rewards is here Frequently Asked Questions
https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/getm ... wards.html

What happens to the on-cup McCafé stickers?

There are no changes to the on-cup McCafé Rewards sticker program at this time. That said, we are currently testing removing the on-cup McCafé Rewards stickers in Manitoba and selected areas of Northwestern Ontario (Fort Frances, Kenora, Dryden). These areas were part of our test for the new MyMcDonald’s Rewards program. We’ll keep our guests informed about any other changes we make in the future.

From the On-Cup McCafé Rewards Program Terms and Conditions

"*Note that in the Province of Manitoba, and in Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances, Ontario, the on-cup McCafé Rewards program ended as of October 5, 2021. Completed McCafé Rewards cards will be redeemed at participating McDonald’s restaurants in these areas until further notice."
sigh I thought it was opposite and didn't pay attention, oh well I only had 1 app rewards. I suppose they're retiring the app sticker program with j ust points now.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
MattK82563 wrote: Ah crap. I guess I’ll be eating fries for lunch and dinner. I have 10 that’s expiring today
forevergone wrote: walked out with 5 separate order of fries, booyah!
MattK82563 wrote: I also walked out with 5 separate orders. This will add to my pandemic fatness.
lol you guys are true RFDers.
I couldn’t bring/force myself to eating that many fries. I just let my 3 Rewards expire peacefully and quietly….
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
They have began pushing out cups in Ontario (received in Mississauga) that have dropped the stickers and advertise the rewards program. No mention anywhere when the coupons in circulation will stop being accepted.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)