58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto

Senior's Coffee or Tea Any Size @ 20% Off - YMMV

Savings:
20%
Retailer:
Mcdonald's
I've seen that poster for the first time 2 weeks ago at the Rimrock location, North York ON. Seemingly it's only available at certain McDonald's location - perhaps only at corporate restaurants. The fine print: Available at participating restaurants in Western Canada, Yukon, NWT, QC and selected restaurants in ON.

I asked about it at other locations, they had no clue what I was talking about - these were franchisees, when I asked.
Images
  • 20190106_203826.jpg
Last edited by lousk on Jan 9th, 2019 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
40 replies
Jul 25, 2014
155 posts
93 upvotes
Langley, BC
shoot, I'm not eligible.

nobody got my joke :(
Last edited by minducanada on Jan 9th, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
minducanada wrote: shoot, I'm not eligible.
Seniors @ McD = 55 and over.
Hopefully you fall in that category:)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2409 posts
1660 upvotes
GTA
This is an ongoing thing - lol.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4352 posts
2831 upvotes
Edmonton
What happens if you order a drink on the kiosk with the senior's discount and you're not a senior? Would they refuse to give the drink to you and refund your order?
Dec 22, 2017
455 posts
750 upvotes
Guys this is 2019. Order the senior coffee. If someone questions your age, just say you IDENTIFY as a 55 year old. If someone questions you just say "you are a biggot if you do not support my identity" .
Dec 22, 2017
455 posts
750 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: What happens if you order a drink on the kiosk with the senior's discount and you're not a senior? Would they refuse to give the drink to you and refund your order?
Ordered from kiosk then picked it up without any problems.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: This is an ongoing thing - lol.
'Ongoing' meaning what?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3945 posts
1460 upvotes
Montreal
ChinpokoMon wrote: What happens if you order a drink on the kiosk with the senior's discount and you're not a senior? Would they refuse to give the drink to you and refund your order?
They make you wait until you're really 55 Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4352 posts
2831 upvotes
Edmonton
lousk wrote: 'Ongoing' meaning what?
It means at this point there is no expected end date for the deal.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
ChinpokoMon wrote: It means at this point there is no expected end date for the deal.
You're absolutely correct - when reading the fine print, it doesn't even state (((:limited time):)))
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3938 posts
1338 upvotes
Ontario
Sejad wrote: Seriously? You’re an idiot.
He's got a point. Don't be a hater.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1810 posts
1426 upvotes
GeneralAkbar wrote: Ordered from kiosk then picked it up without any problems.
I wasn't under the impression you could apply discounts like this at the Kiosk..
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2409 posts
1660 upvotes
GTA
lousk wrote: 'Ongoing' meaning what?
The senior coffee is old news, has been for years and there is no end date as of now unless McD decides to discontinue it. Hope you now understand what is ongoing.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jan 3, 2019
47 posts
59 upvotes
This isn't available at the restaurants that I've been to, but all locations offer a 'senior' coffee/tea but the size is restricted to a small, and it doesn't pair with a muffin/danish. And the employees don't care if you order a senior coffee and you're not a senior, on their screens it'll just show up as a 'small'.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote:
The senior coffee is old news, has been for years and there is no end date as of now unless McD decides to discontinue it. Hope you now understand what is ongoing.
Perhaps before you make useless comment, re read the title of THIS POST carefully. Hope you now understand what is going on.
Last edited by lousk on Jan 9th, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4522 upvotes
Alberta
SilentShopper wrote: This isn't available at the restaurants that I've been to, but all locations offer a 'senior' coffee/tea but the size is restricted to a small, and it doesn't pair with a muffin/danish. And the employees don't care if you order a senior coffee and you're not a senior, on their screens it'll just show up as a 'small'.
It's 20% off and can be any size McCafe, everyday. See pic in the original post. It's only available at participating restaurants in BC, AB, MB, SASK, YUKON and NWT.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2009
58 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote:
It's 20% off and can be any size McCafe, everyday. See pic in the original post. It's only available at participating restaurants in BC, AB, MB, SASK, YUKON and NWT.
FYI... 'and Quebec and selected restaurants in Ontario.'