[McDonalds] Small Oreo cookie coffee iced frappé for $1 -App [ON]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 5:59 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8892 posts
1443 upvotes
Montreal
I deleted the app after it got hacked and someone went on a buying spree across Montreal. Had to wait THREE MONTHS to get my money back and my password was over 10 characters with numbers, upper case and symbols, no way someone GUESSED IT.

Mc Donald's app is a HUGE security risk to your money, something is not coded or SECURED properly on this app.

Don't believe me? It's been covered by the media MANY TIMES including yesterday where an editor at Mobile Syrup lost $2000 and now has to wait months to get his money back form his bank.
https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/23/mcdo ... 0-dollars/

Sure you'll get your money back in a few months, but frankly...I don't have time for this insecure garbage on my smartphone.
Last edited by yuprules on Apr 24th, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3579 posts
952 upvotes
Don't put your credit card info in this app! I've been trying to remove it for months. They said they've deleted my account and all my details but I can still login!
Dec 10, 2016
60 posts
29 upvotes
yuprules wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:07 pm
I deleted the app after it got hacked and someone went on a buying spree across Montreal. Had to wait THREE MONTHS to get my money back and my password was over 10 characters with numbers, upper case and symbols, no way someone GUESSED IT.

Mc Donald's app is a HUGE security risk to your money, something is not coded or SECURED properly on this app.

Don't believe me? It's been covered by the media MANY TIMES including yesterday where an editor at Mobile Syrup lost $2000 and now has to wait months to get his money back form his bank.

Sure you'll get your money back in a few months, but frankly...I don't have time for this insecure garbage on my smartphone.
I wonder if this has anything to do with being on McDonald's WiFi when you order and is this only reported on IOS haven't heard anyone say it has happened on Android
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8892 posts
1443 upvotes
Montreal
matssundin15 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:02 pm
I wonder if this has anything to do with being on McDonald's WiFi when you order and is this only reported on IOS haven't heard anyone say it has happened on Android
I never use Mc Donald's Wifi, I was on LTE.

Active thread on Reddit if you want to discuss it further:
https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comment ... _not_safe/
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2200 posts
746 upvotes
I loved this Oreo coffee today. If nobody mentioned it was too sweet I probably wouldn't have noticed that. LOL Will definitely get this drink again if it shows up for a $1 again on my McD's app. However, I wouldn't pay its regular price which is well over $3.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7940 posts
3135 upvotes
East York
I used the coupon at the kiosk, together with free fries. Weird thing was somebody took and stole my iced frappe when they gave it out instead of me and they had to make me another one! WTF is wrong with ppl these days
yuprules wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:07 pm

Holy crap man, removing all my cc info

I've been hacked before in a different way... hackers are definitely real
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2694 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 4:02 pm
I loved this Oreo coffee today. If nobody mentioned it was too sweet I probably wouldn't have noticed that. LOL Will definitely get this drink again if it shows up for a $1 again on my McD's app. However, I wouldn't pay its regular price which is well over $3.
Got one too - was delicious.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2694 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:08 pm
Don't put your credit card info in this app! I've been trying to remove it for months. They said they've deleted my account and all my details but I can still login!
But is the CC info gone at the very least?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5506 posts
3398 upvotes
Turonno
vivibaby wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 1:08 pm
I'm not sure what app you're using but on Android, I was just able to hold down the saved payment method (Mastercard) and the "Remove" button turned up.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6544 posts
1427 upvotes
i don't see this offer anymore did it expired on the 25th in toronto? i like this...its rgular 3.50$!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Jun 5, 2011
36 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
its gone....i think they pulled it. it said 3 days left yesterday. F them
Sep 30, 2015
424 posts
440 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I was just about to go use this and it's no longer listed Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 20, 2016
132 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Great marketing guys. Was going to pick one up based on the mostly positive reviews, but not for full price.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7940 posts
3135 upvotes
East York
Ya they were probably losing too much money. Expiry dates are a lie for online coupons