• Oct 29th, 2013 2:03 pm
Tags:
None
16 replies
Dec 20, 2006
572 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
Says they only used Heinz in Pittsburgh and Minneapolis restaurants in the US.

Wanted to see what brand was used elsewhere and found this:

The majority of in-store ketchup dispensers in McDonald’s locations are not branded, and McDonald’s ketchup packets are labeled “fancy ketchup.”

Oooohhhh....fancy!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20505 posts
1956 upvotes
Toronto
Vanno wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 12:49 pm
Says they only used Heinz in Pittsburgh and Minneapolis restaurants in the US.

Wanted to see what brand was used elsewhere and found this:

The majority of in-store ketchup dispensers in McDonald’s locations are not branded, and McDonald’s ketchup packets are labeled “fancy ketchup.”

Oooohhhh....fancy!
lol.....oh you fancy huh? oh you fancy huh?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17821 posts
889 upvotes
Read about this in News360, apparently it has no effect on Canada and 99% of the USA as mentioned as well.. The only place they used Heinz was in overseas market and the cities mentioned by a poster above
Aug 12, 2012
801 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There’s something about that ‘fancy ketchup’… it must be engineered to be paired with the salt they use on their fries and burgers. You can tell it tastes different from Heinz, but it works well with their food.
Dec 8, 2008
144 posts
42 upvotes
If you can't tell the differnence in brands of ketchup here is the down low - Heinz was phased out years ago into Fancy due to lack of tomatoes at one point and cost - Heinz used to be on the backside of the packets if you remember.
So how can you tell the ketchup by looks (not taste) the main thing about Heinz is the higher sugar content and the straining process - it is smooth / shiny / glossy looking. I use this at home. The Fancy brands is a lower grade of ketchup where it is in more natural process of watery or slightly lumpy with less sugar.... the brands are mostly Hunts or Del Monte ( mostly Del Monte) - there is nothing wrong with these brands or process - you don't even notice the difference on food - but you do when you eat your fries inside the restaurant - the ketchup is not as shiny or smooth as a bottle of heinz at you home. I like Del Monte and Heinz equally - Hunts is missing something ( not enough nutmeg in the process?) Yes Nutmeg is the special secret ingredient in Ketchup
Have fun trying to tell the difference.
May 14, 2010
561 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
there is no way that stuff was or has been Heinz for years. I can't eat their fries with their ketchup (its disgusting), I will eat plain or use my Heinz from home
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14810 posts
2807 upvotes
Toronto
Once you've tasted Heinz, there are no other Keinz. lol
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12704 posts
970 upvotes
pretty sure mcdonalds canada has always used heinz ketchup in all their products. they are mentioned as one of mcdonalds canada's suppliers http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/food/meet ... liers.html
[QUOTE]McDonald's suppliers include leading Canadian companies such as Coca-Cola, Danone, Heinz, McCain, Minute Maid, Mother Parkers, Nestle, Renée’s, Quaker and Saputo.[/QUOTE]

according to the article, we are "overseas"
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Dec 20, 2006
572 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2013 12:31 am
Once you've tasted Heinz, there are no other Keinz. lol
You forgot the ™
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1468 upvotes
Pickering
apfeffer wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 3:28 pm
If you can't tell the differnence in brands of ketchup here is the down low - Heinz was phased out years ago into Fancy due to lack of tomatoes at one point and cost - Heinz used to be on the backside of the packets if you remember.
So how can you tell the ketchup by looks (not taste) the main thing about Heinz is the higher sugar content and the straining process - it is smooth / shiny / glossy looking. I use this at home. The Fancy brands is a lower grade of ketchup where it is in more natural process of watery or slightly lumpy with less sugar.... the brands are mostly Hunts or Del Monte ( mostly Del Monte) - there is nothing wrong with these brands or process - you don't even notice the difference on food - but you do when you eat your fries inside the restaurant - the ketchup is not as shiny or smooth as a bottle of heinz at you home. I like Del Monte and Heinz equally - Hunts is missing something ( not enough nutmeg in the process?) Yes Nutmeg is the special secret ingredient in Ketchup
Have fun trying to tell the difference.
Hunts is what was in the packets in the 80s-90s at least. Had a thinner more vinegar like taste.
Aug 12, 2012
801 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Siefer999 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2013 2:05 am
pretty sure mcdonalds canada has always used heinz ketchup in all their products. they are mentioned as one of mcdonalds canada's suppliers http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/food/meet ... liers.html

according to the article, we are "overseas"
Heinz makes condiments other than ketchup. Maybe Heinz provides their mustard or vinegar? The ketchup at McDonald's, as others have posted, hasn't been Heinz for a very long time.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
duckdown wrote:
Oct 28th, 2013 3:05 pm
Read about this in News360, apparently it has no effect on Canada and 99% of the USA as mentioned as well.. The only place they used Heinz was in overseas market and the cities mentioned by a poster above
+1 This was my thought also, I always thought Mcdonalds ketchup was not Heinz brand. I recall Alymer's being the brand in Ontario.
Jan 17, 2013
457 posts
81 upvotes
Sarnia
The REAL story will be they ever drop Coca Cola in favor of Pepsi..