Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Summer Drink Days ($1, $2, $3 drinks all summer)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 2:41 am
[OP]
Sep 8, 2017
334 posts
715 upvotes

[McDonalds] Summer Drink Days ($1, $2, $3 drinks all summer)

Deal is officially live! Any size soft drink and small and medium ice coffee is $1. Small smoothies and ice frappes excluding the Skor ice frappe is $2. No small frozen lemonade this year. New this year is small protein smoothies and the Skor frappe for $3.

Edit: Promo is now live as per the McDonalds website, as well as I called up a bunch of locations around the GTA and they all say it starts tomorrow.

the chart below is courtesy of @rpage93
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.52.31 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.16.58 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.17.15 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.17.39 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.18.03 AM.png
Last edited by matttheman on May 4th, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
252 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9792 posts
1447 upvotes
I'm <3ing it
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7077 posts
1924 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
And so it returns. I'm worried about the year they don't, but it'll be a sweet ride until then!
Sep 27, 2017
42 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! Wonder when this would happen this year
Jun 1, 2016
609 posts
398 upvotes
rpage93 wrote:
May 5th, 2018 2:14 am
insider info (;
They charge for flavour now? What?! That's a 40% increase from last year then. Not once was I ever charged extra for a Vanilla Iced Coffee over a regular Iced Coffee
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 8gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Apr 15, 2004
657 posts
100 upvotes
Docsodium wrote:
May 5th, 2018 6:10 am
0.50$ extra in QC for sugar free.. Really, wow!
It's not just for a sugar free drink. It's for the sugar free vanilla flavour, just like the sugary vanilla. Still strange that it's $.10 more here, though.
Jul 19, 2015
434 posts
324 upvotes
London, ON
It's a good deal, but got to say I hate waiting 5-10 minutes for a drink at mcdonalds most times. The new set up with just one cashier takes forever at all the locations around here, the kiosk ordering just gets you a number ticket to wait and they almost never just get you the cup unless you go directly up to the counter and let them know your not waiting for food, can I just have the cup now? Sometimes even when it's a dollar it can be a painful experience. Not to mention its dollar cokes in the USA all the time.
Jul 20, 2005
7 posts
15 upvotes
Quispamsis
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
May 5th, 2018 9:39 am
It's a good deal, but got to say I hate waiting 5-10 minutes for a drink at mcdonalds most times. The new set up with just one cashier takes forever at all the locations around here, the kiosk ordering just gets you a number ticket to wait and they almost never just get you the cup unless you go directly up to the counter and let them know your not waiting for food, can I just have the cup now? Sometimes even when it's a dollar it can be a painful experience. Not to mention its dollar cokes in the USA all the time.
The Circle K convenience stores (a Couch-Tard brand, and usually paired with Irving gas stations) in Atlantic Canada have 89c any size fountain drinks all year long under the moniker "Polar Pop"
You can choose from about 16 varieties, serving both Coke and Pepsi products.

This has been a standing offer for at least the past 5 years.

From what I understand, most Mac's stores (again, a C-T brand) in other parts of Canada are being re-branded as Circle K, so you might start seeing it there too.

(and FWIW, Circle K stores in the US are priced at 79c )

I almost never buy pop at McDonald's now... and I don't typically buy value-meals (dont care enough for their fries to pay money for them), unless there are coupons where a meal is priced less (or equal) to the sandwich itself.
otherwise, I'll skip the soft drink at McD's, just buy a sandwich, and swing into the Circle K (which most times is right next door) for my drink... if I even want pop. -- but I'm never tricked into it anymore at McD's
Jun 9, 2015
559 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DeltaSingh wrote:
May 5th, 2018 4:53 am
They charge for flavour now? What?! That's a 40% increase from last year then. Not once was I ever charged extra for a Vanilla Iced Coffee over a regular Iced Coffee
Minimum wage.