Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Summer Drink Days ($1, $2, $3 drinks all summer)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 2:41 am
Jan 2, 2018
459 posts
393 upvotes
convoluted wrote: Just a quick note, I recall seeing last year that the sugar-free vanilla iced coffee had MORE calories than a regular one.
It's literally so easy to research before you spread misinformation. The sugar free syrup has 0 calories. The only calories come from the cream used. They use the same amount of cream in both SF and non-SF.

1 medium regular iced coffee: 170 calories, 22 grams of sugar (that's 5.5 teaspoons)
1 medium sugar free vanilla iced coffee: 100 calories, 2 grams of sugar (1/2 teaspoon).

http://www1.mcdonalds.ca/NutritionCalcu ... actsEN.pdf
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Folks want to remind me, is this dollar sale still active for straight coffee in Alberta?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Feb 18, 2009
258 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
did they just raise the price on vanilla iced coffee (regular & sugar-free) to $1.40?
Jun 12, 2017
558 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
matttheman wrote: Small smoothies and ice frappes excluding the Skor ice frappe is $2. No small frozen lemonade this year. New this year is small protein smoothies and the Skor frappe for $3.
Damn them. Damn them all.
Nov 11, 2015
300 posts
218 upvotes
A McDonalds I went to claimed (kiosk and in person) that they were out of regular iced coffee, and only had the flavoured ones for $0.40 more. How does that make sense, don't they just add a flavour syrup to the regular coffee base.
Jan 24, 2015
562 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
A McDonalds I went to claimed (kiosk and in person) that they were out of regular iced coffee...
interesting
Last edited by redflags10 on Oct 17th, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it me or is the vanilla and caramel flavors for these iced coffees less sweet than before? I've been to several different McDonalds and it seems like these syrups aren't as strong in flavor as they use to be. :(

The last several years when I bought these iced coffees, the syrups seemed much stronger to the point where even adding a fair bit of ice the flavor would still come through strongly, but now even without ice the syrup is much more subtle. In fact there were times before where they made it TOO sweet and I'd have to add some water or extra ice to balance it out, but now that's not the case and I only just taste abit of vanilla flavor and caramel is only slightly better.

Kinda sucks that it seemed like the syrup was stronger when the drinks were still $1 and now that you're actually paying for it, it seemed to have gotten much weaker. Confused Face
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25711 upvotes
Montreal
redflags10 wrote: (...) but they seemed genuine. i think regular iced coffee = sugar only syrup. vanilla = vanilla syrup (which includes sugar)
When this happens (out of sugar only syrup) ask for iced coffee NO sugar.

Then, ask for sugar packs on the side and mix with your straw.
Feb 5, 2014
615 posts
877 upvotes
DomoXDeals wrote: Are the protein smoothies good?
They are decent.. I had one last week and it was tasty.. but not the greatest.
Dec 1, 2007
4 posts
windsor on
Large fountain drinks 1.50 I was charged today in Windsor Ontario
Cashier said only small and medium a buck
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
#1 scrounger wrote: Large fountain drinks 1.50 I was charged today in Windsor Ontario
Cashier said only small and medium a buck
Majority of the GTA mcdonalds are $1 for any size soft drinks, but yes different areas in ontario might have different rules.
Dec 24, 2011
891 posts
634 upvotes
MaximDude wrote: Is it me or is the vanilla and caramel flavors for these iced coffees less sweet than before? I've been to several different McDonalds and it seems like these syrups aren't as strong in flavor as they use to be. :(

The last several years when I bought these iced coffees, the syrups seemed much stronger to the point where even adding a fair bit of ice the flavor would still come through strongly, but now even without ice the syrup is much more subtle. In fact there were times before where they made it TOO sweet and I'd have to add some water or extra ice to balance it out, but now that's not the case and I only just taste abit of vanilla flavor and caramel is only slightly better.

Kinda sucks that it seemed like the syrup was stronger when the drinks were still $1 and now that you're actually paying for it, it seemed to have gotten much weaker. Confused Face
Could just ask for extra syrup.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
karnige wrote: it's called inflation. with everything rising in cost including minimum wage you didn't think prices would stay the same forever did you?
Damn 40%? Where is my 40% Raise? lol
---
May 12, 2012
696 posts
804 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
LuxErus wrote: So regular coffee is not included?
No sir, iced coffee S/M is a $1 although some have said that ordering through the app has produced $1 coffee for certain locations that coincide with a different promo out west
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25711 upvotes
Montreal
LuxErus wrote: So regular coffee is not included?
Ferny111 wrote: No sir, iced coffee S/M is a $1 although some have said that ordering through the app has produced $1 coffee for certain locations that coincide with a different promo out west
Here's the link to another McD promo for Hot coffee. It's restaurant specific, via the app and not in all provinces.
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
cstriker045 wrote: Could just ask for extra syrup.
Thanks for the suggestion and HOLY CRAP it made a world of difference! Smiling Face With Open Mouth Tried it for both a vanilla and caramel iced coffee and that extra pump of syrup made these drinks taste like I remember they did. Now it makes me wonder if McDonalds got cheap and chose not to give out this syrup as standard anymore and now you have to ask for it? If so it kinda sucks because you have to ask for it everytime at the cashier and this option isn't available if you use a kiosk for vanilla and caramel iced coffees, only for plain ones. :(
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Dec 24, 2011
891 posts
634 upvotes
MaximDude wrote: Thanks for the suggestion and HOLY CRAP it made a world of difference! Smiling Face With Open Mouth Tried it for both a vanilla and caramel iced coffee and that extra pump of syrup made these drinks taste like I remember they did. Now it makes me wonder if McDonalds got cheap and chose not to give out this syrup as standard anymore and now you have to ask for it? If so it kinda sucks because you have to ask for it everytime at the cashier and this option isn't available if you use a kiosk for vanilla and caramel iced coffees, only for plain ones. :(
Honestly they probably took feedback/looked at ordering trends. Everyone I know, including me would always ask for half sweet because it was sickening sweet (to us). Each to their own though, enjoy the syrupy goodness!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
cstriker045 wrote: Honestly they probably took feedback/looked at ordering trends. Everyone I know, including me would always ask for half sweet because it was sickening sweet (to us). Each to their own though, enjoy the syrupy goodness!
I noticed sometimes when I receive the iced "coffee", the colour of the drink is sometimes completely white, which makes me think it's a cup of cream with some coffee rather than a cup of coffee with some cream. This is why I will ask for cream on the side from now on as even though I always ask for "light" cream and sugar, they most of the time just leave it the same and there's also no option on the kiosk for light cream/sugar either.