Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Summer Drink Days ($1, $2, $3 drinks all summer)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 2:41 am
Dec 24, 2011
730 posts
328 upvotes
endokuken wrote: I noticed sometimes when I receive the iced "coffee", the colour of the drink is sometimes completely white, which makes me think it's a cup of cream with some coffee rather than a cup of coffee with some cream. This is why I will ask for cream on the side from now on as even though I always ask for "light" cream and sugar, they most of the time just leave it the same and there's also no option on the kiosk for light cream/sugar either.
I'm not 100% sure on the cream, but I know a year or two when I use to get Iced Coffees more there was a noticeable difference between half sugar, the receipt would ring up as "50% syrup"
Apr 17, 2007
31 posts
13 upvotes
redflags10 wrote: had this happen to me too. it was at the TD in brookfield place... the one that charges 10 cents more for a medium coffee than every other mcdonald's I've been to

but they seemed genuine. i think regular iced coffee = sugar only syrup. vanilla = vanilla syrup (which includes sugar)
Yes when I worked at McDonalds in highschool, if I remember correctly, there were four different bottles of syrup; regular liquid sugar, sugar free vanilla, vanilla, and caramel. They don't use the grained sugar that is normally used in their hot coffee, probably because it's more difficult to dissolve??
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
cstriker045 wrote: Honestly they probably took feedback/looked at ordering trends. Everyone I know, including me would always ask for half sweet because it was sickening sweet (to us). Each to their own though, enjoy the syrupy goodness!
While I do agree that in the past I've had some McDonalds employees make me overly sweet iced coffees, I'd rather have that and simply add more ice to balance it out than have it be not sweet and have to ask for it. And heck its like its an easy fix when it seems like one pump is enough for a medium drink. Before asking for the extra syrup the other day, I bought like 10 other vanilla and caramel iced coffees and they all tasted kinda flat. As soon as I got one with syrup everything brightened up and the drink tasted much, MUCH better.

Its sort of like adding salt to an under seasoned meal and everything just pops more, that's how I feel about adding syrup into the iced coffee. I just wish they kept this standard rather than getting rid of it and now I guess I'm stuck with ordering at the cashier if I want syrup added. Confused Face
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2359 posts
1188 upvotes
anybody notice for the medium ice coffee they been using the bigger lids now? like the 7-11 slushy lids why would they do this doesnt those cost more?

could it be they ran out of regular lids? Lol my last four ice coffees i got big lids and at different locations hmmm!
Temp. Banned
Feb 23, 2004
5928 posts
1891 upvotes
ahlong wrote: anybody notice for the medium ice coffee they been using the bigger lids now? like the 7-11 slushy lids why would they do this doesnt those cost more?

could it be they ran out of regular lids? Lol my last four ice coffees i got big lids and at different locations hmmm!
I’ve never received this kind of lid for my medium iced coffee.
Jan 2, 2018
450 posts
385 upvotes
ahlong wrote: anybody notice for the medium ice coffee they been using the bigger lids now? like the 7-11 slushy lids why would they do this doesnt those cost more?

Last time I went with a friend they got a dome lid and I did not. I think it's just employees not knowing what they're doing lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7558 posts
1016 upvotes
GTA
For the first time I got the dome lid - yesterday and today - at 2 separate locations in Mississauga. I know it isn't employees not knowing what they're doing as the same people have given me the flat lid many times. Maybe they are making a change
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2359 posts
1188 upvotes
lol ya i dont like the dome lids as i hold my drink from the top cant do that with the big lids haha! can i request for old lids when i order now :razz:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2530 posts
1872 upvotes
Prince George
Maybe smoothies aren’t selling as well as they thought and they’re just getting rid of excess inventory of dome lids.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2359 posts
1188 upvotes
dang i had so much ice coffee this summer lol it was a hot one