Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Today's App Offer: Hamburger or Cheeseburger for $1 plus tax. Expires Dec 23 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 12:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1607 posts
2698 upvotes
Toronto

[McDonalds] Today's App Offer: Hamburger or Cheeseburger for $1 plus tax. Expires Dec 23 2020

Today's Mcdonald's App Offer: Hamburger or Cheeseburger for $1 plus tax. Expires Dec 23 2020
Images
  • dec 23 mcdonalds deal.jpg
14 replies
Jun 15, 2020
109 posts
284 upvotes
Are there actually many people who go out of their way for one $1 Hamburger or Cheeseburger?

Deal is obviously good for people who find themselves at McDonalds, but it seems a lot of people here travel to McDonalds just for the deal, atleast from what I've seen in previous threads. Unless you can use the deal multiple times I find it crazy how so many people would leave their home just for one $1 burger.

For example I remember when McDonads had "Get FREE Medium Fries When the Toronto Raptors Score 12 Three-Pointers", numerous individuals would comment about planning to go to McDonalds the next day just to pick up the fries.
Sep 11, 2020
256 posts
474 upvotes
trihardbangz wrote: Are there actually many people who go out of their way for one $1 Hamburger or Cheeseburger?

Deal is obviously good for people who find themselves at McDonalds, but it seems a lot of people here travel to McDonalds just for the deal, atleast from what I've seen in previous threads. Unless you can use the deal multiple times I find it crazy how so many people would leave their home just for one $1 burger.

For example I remember when McDonads had "Get FREE Medium Fries When the Toronto Raptors Score 12 Three-Pointers", numerous individuals would comment about planning to go to McDonalds the next day just to pick up the fries.
You do realise going to Mcdonalds does not require travelling most people have one nearby , Heck there are 2 in my area within a min drive . I am sure people just pass by on their way back home and don't need to arrange an actual trip. So yeah , why not grab a dollar burger if it's on the way. Obviously once you get there you will most likely be getting more stuffFace With Tears Of Joy
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
33 posts
22 upvotes
trihardbangz wrote: Are there actually many people who go out of their way for one $1 Hamburger or Cheeseburger?

Unless you can buy at least 3-4 of these for $1 each, it's not worth it. Especially in winter & Covid.

I might head out for a $2 or so, Big Mac or Qtr. Pounder.
But not this, even if it's on the way.

Isn't the regular price $2 or something for these?
Jun 6, 2018
237 posts
312 upvotes
A lot of people are still working and need lunch, dollar burger might steer them towards Mcdonalds for lunch. I'm sure their marketing has proven this over the years
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1541 posts
387 upvotes
Ottawa
Have not gone to Macdonald for 5 yrs due to their tasteless bite size burgers.
Wendy is my place to visit.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1312 posts
114 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: This is considered hot? I remember when my junior high would sell these for $0.79 and $0.99 on Fridays.
just let me get my time machine ready and go back to 30 years ago
Nov 30, 2009
270 posts
347 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I am old enough to remember when McDonald's had .29 burgers and .39 cheeseburgers and my dad bringing a very large sack of food out of the restaurant that day.
Sep 29, 2010
358 posts
469 upvotes
a dollar for a burger and they're still profiting... impressive... though those staples are not what they once were... blink and you'll miss the beef pattie in there...
Jun 17, 2008
570 posts
86 upvotes
We’re using 25 year old prices as a reference for what’s a hot deal? There would be no posts in this forum if that were the case.
How dare they try to scam us with these ridiculous prices! If this deal isn’t for you, move on.
May 24, 2020
68 posts
135 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: Have not gone to Macdonald for 5 yrs due to their tasteless bite size burgers.
Wendy is my place to visit.
Why the hell did you bother clicking the thread title then... just to tell everyone you don’t like McDonald’s like we give 2 craps?