Food & Drink

McDonald's transitions to limited menu Starts April 14th

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2020 8:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1865 posts
18305 upvotes

McDonald's transitions to limited menu Starts April 14th

Starting today, April 14, the McDonald’s menu will be temporarily limited, in order to simplify operations and support social distancing in kitchens.

oing forward and until further notice, the following items will not be available:

McGriddles
Bagels – à la carte and sandwiches
Big Breakfast
Salads – entrée (grilled and crispy) and side
Croissants, Danishes, and Mini-Chocolatines
Cones
Additionally, the Fried Egg Big Breakfast and Toast options have been removed from menus at Quebec restaurants.

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/mcdonalds ... nu-limited
28 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
20629 posts
21981 upvotes
Toronto
Sundaes too of course , not just cones
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
3951 posts
2021 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
yum yum

Image
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26527 posts
6834 upvotes
LOL "support social distancing". Support social distancing my behind! These are just a way to cut costs so they can curtail their losses. They gotta do what they gotta do, like all businesses now, but I can't stand all the things that are justified/passed off as "required" to "supoort social distancing". Like what it takes two people standing next to each other to make a bagel or McGriddle sandwich and only one to make a Mcmuffin? As if. The BS they come up with, I tell 'ya :rolleyes: Just tell us what it is instead of doing this kind of nonsense double-talk.

These are not huge losses IMO but also to note all my local McD's have changed their "late night" menu where they only serve certain sandwiches after 11pm. Angus and Seriously Chicken apparently not available after that time. You know, 'cause they have to "support social distancing" I guess :lol:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6097 posts
2603 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL "support social distancing". Support social distancing my behind! These are just a way to cut costs so they can curtail their losses. They gotta do what they gotta do, like all businesses now, but I can't stand all the things that are justified/passed off as "required" to "supoort social distancing". Like what it takes two people standing next to each other to make a bagel or McGriddle sandwich and only one to make a Mcmuffin? As if. The BS they come up with, I tell 'ya :rolleyes: Just tell us what it is instead of doing this kind of nonsense double-talk.

These are not huge losses IMO but also to note all my local McD's have changed their "late night" menu where they only serve certain sandwiches after 11pm. Angus and Seriously Chicken apparently not available after that time. You know, 'cause they have to "support social distancing" I guess :lol:
Yup. My firs t thought on that too.

What MCD would really like to do is shut down many locations as they are losing money. They wont do that as it damages their reputation so they transitioned to no walk-ins to lower the staff cost, and now this.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
12961 posts
2361 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
US is expecting to re-open may 1st. A joke. Beginnning of June is more reasonable for a limited economic reopening. If US reopens yall know canada will and per capita their beer virus stats are way worse than Canada's. Looks like another 6 weeks folks. *sigh*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15609 posts
3250 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: US is expecting to re-open may 1st. A joke. Beginnning of June is more reasonable for a limited economic reopening. If US reopens yall know canada will and per capita their beer virus stats are way worse than Canada's. Looks like another 6 weeks folks. *sigh*
You're talking about the same States that somehow thought that everything would be okay in time for Easter. lol
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
12961 posts
2361 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
playnicee1 wrote: You're talking about the same States that somehow thought that everything would be okay in time for Easter. lol
That was Chump's mouth speaking. Chump talking and amerika are 2 different things. lol. No one believes that idiot. However they did show some models they are using on other shows and does show the tail asymtotically declining to zero for new cases around 1st week may - if every1 follows the advice of Dr. Fauci which they wont. China was locked down for 76 days, 2.5 mos. They are now open for business. Assuming the same 2.5 mos here - locked down mid march you can assume end of may or 1st week june.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2011
345 posts
200 upvotes
CARP
I'm worried Mcgriddles will never be back. First they took the good egg, now the whole sandwich.
Member
May 1, 2007
271 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I noticed the breakfast wrap (not burrito) with the egg, hashbrown and sausage was gone about 2 weeks back. :( Too bad, that was my favorite.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
12961 posts
2361 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jackrabbit000 wrote: Go to A&W, they have a way better breakfast than McD's.
A&W tea and coffee sucks tho... :rolleyes:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Top