• Sep 15th, 2019 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2387 posts
1899 upvotes
Niagara, ON

McDonalds USA Android app

I have had the USA version of the McDonalds app installed on various devices over the past few years. No credit card linked to it, just logged in with the a US Google account, and use it for great deals in restaurants.

All was working fine up until about a month ago, when I started noticing that it would fail to update via automatic updates on Google Play. Eventually, opening the app resulted in a message that the version was too old and needed to be updated. I uninstalled it, and now it won't install again. Keep getting an error message of "Can't install McDonalds. Try again" from Google.

I tried using it over aVPN, grabbing a new version from APK mirror, clearing the Play Store cache. Nothing works.

I'm heading to the US on the weekend. Going to try bringing an old freshly wiped phone and see if I get any luck.

Any ideas? Anyone have the USA version installed?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1047 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Is it your phone too old? Android version below 7/8?

I have it installed too, no issue
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2387 posts
1899 upvotes
Niagara, ON
dekvitaly wrote: Is it your phone too old? Android version below 7/8?

I have it installed too, no issue
No, my phone is a Oneplus 6 running Android 9 pie

I just installed it on a Huawei phone running lollipop (5). Slow, but it should be work when tethered.

I'll probably have to reset my Oneplus 6 to get it working again, but I don't need this app that much.

Just hoping someone else ran into a similar problem and maybe has a solution.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4011 posts
1435 upvotes
Ontario
Google the apk for it and download it that way
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28440 posts
13994 upvotes
deadice wrote: Google the apk for it and download it that way
*cough*
MegaSilver wrote: I tried using it over aVPN, grabbing a new version from APK mirror, clearing the Play Store cache. Nothing works.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jun 18, 2006
355 posts
33 upvotes
Do you also have the Canadian "My McD's" one installed on that device? I found with the recent update it's either one or the other that can be installed on the device and not both. Try uninstalling the Canadian one then installing the USA one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2387 posts
1899 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Turns out it was having the Canadian version installed as well. I had both installed on the same device for years, but I guess they don't allow it any more.

As soon as I uninstalled the Canadian version, I could install US. Couldn't install Canadian now. One or the other, not both

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)