Shopping Discussion

Wednesday May 8 is McHappy Day - Buy your favourites to help families

[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
503 posts
1431 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Wednesday May 8 is McHappy Day - Buy your favourites to help families

Just want to spread the message on this platform..

Every year, McDonald’s® Canada franchisees and crew across the country celebrate McHappy Day, an annual day of community giving in support of Ronald McDonald Houses and other local children’s charities.

On Wednesday May 8, for every Big Mac®, Happy Meal® or hot McCafé® beverage purchased, $1 will be donated to RMHC® and children’s charities across Canada.
33 replies
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
While I appreciate supporting families, I'm not sure how this is a hot deal if I'm paying regular price?

Am I missing something?
Sep 30, 2015
537 posts
724 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
People down voting this are idiots.
The hot deal is you are helping families in need... Like anything, if you don't like it just hide the thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1011 posts
316 upvotes
ninja_warrior wrote: While I appreciate supporting families, I'm not sure how this is a hot deal if I'm paying regular price?

Am I missing something?
Yes you are.
Dec 23, 2015
949 posts
1149 upvotes
King31 wrote: People down voting this are idiots.
The hot deal is you are helping families in need... Like anything, if you don't like it just hide the thread.
Wouldn't it be more helpful to give the ENTIRE amount directly to an organization that services those in need rather than give your money to McDonald's Corp. so they can donate $1 and use the donation as a tax write off?
Sep 30, 2015
537 posts
724 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
6060842 wrote: Wouldn't it be more helpful to give the ENTIRE amount directly to an organization that services those in need rather than give your money to McDonald's Corp. so they can donate $1 and use the donation as a tax write off?
Nothing is stopping you from doing that...
Dec 23, 2015
949 posts
1149 upvotes
King31 wrote: Nothing is stopping you from doing that...
Thanks, Capt'n Obvious , now off that high horse because YOU think that people who have down voted are " idiots ".
Mar 14, 2017
280 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
Great cause, but not a hot deal. Wrong forum, there are other sections of the site where this post would be more appropriate.

If this is acceptable where do we draw the line? Is everyone going to be allowed to start posting charity causes in hot deals?
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
King31 wrote: Nothing is stopping you from doing that...
Well, you would have to give up McDs in order to do that.

It seems that people who don't agree with you are "idiots". Nice logic. /s
Jan 13, 2008
458 posts
420 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
This will only attract more down votes!
Sep 30, 2015
537 posts
724 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
6060842 wrote: Thanks, Capt'n Obvious , now off that high horse because YOU think that people who have down voted are " idiots ".
What high horse? Saying people can donate to a charity if they don't think the amount Mcdonalds is giving is enough...
ninja_warrior wrote: Well, you would have to give up McDs in order to do that.

It seems that people who don't agree with you are "idiots". Nice logic. /s
What does giving up Mcdonalds and donating to a charity have anything to do with each other... If you are planning on grabbing fast food on Wednesday get something from Mcdonalds. You can still go write a cheque to any charity you want :facepalm:
Nov 22, 2009
728 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
With this logic, we should just clump every single thread together in one single forum and just hide the posts we don't like. I understand this is for a good cause but this is a deals forum.
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
King31 wrote: What high horse? Saying people can donate to a charity if they don't think the amount Mcdonalds is giving is enough...

What does giving up Mcdonalds and donating to a charity have anything to do with each other... If you are planning on grabbing fast food on Wednesday get something from Mcdonalds. You can still go write a cheque to any charity you want :facepalm:
If you really cared about charity, the best way to make a maximum impact would be to skip McD's and donate the full amount to a charity. A Big Mac costs $5.99 and they donate $1 to Ronald McDonald House. If you bring a lunch on Wednesday and donate the full $5.99 to charity, you make a bigger impact.

You really should brush up basic economics. Neutral Face
Sep 30, 2015
537 posts
724 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ninja_warrior wrote: If you really cared about charity, the best way to make a maximum impact would be to skip McD's and donate the full amount to a charity. A Big Mac costs $5.99 and they donate $1 to Ronald McDonald House. If you bring a lunch on Wednesday and donate the full $5.99 to charity, you make a bigger impact.

You really should brush up basic economics. Neutral Face
Yes because me making a lunch at home costs $0.00 Disappointed But Relieved Face