McDonalds

YMMV $1 Coffee/Iced Coffee PRICE ERROR

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2021 6:34 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9295 posts
2064 upvotes
I legitimately have so many free coffee stickers I'll be good until the next time they officially have dollar coffees again. lol The stack of the Buy 7 get 1 free is so thick I could be tossing these instead of dollar bills at the strip club.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3676 posts
7190 upvotes
I’m adding stuff to my favs and it still shows full price. Including the $2 large fries i ordered and the $1 coffee. I’m assuming I’m doing the method wrong
Public Mobile customer
Aug 8, 2007
608 posts
447 upvotes
techackz wrote: I've posted this several times in the comments before. If you are the $1 deal to your favs. Some McDonald's will let u keep ordering it via the app.

It worked for me for 2+ years.
Had a similar arrangement with Dominos over a decade ago before we all had apps and cell phones. Just phoned in my order same as last time and got a fully loaded pizza for a fraction of the then current price based on a one time grand opening special. Relatives came over one night and didn’t want it all dressed so wife did a new order (much higher cost with much fewer toppings) and it was lost forever.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13513 upvotes
renoldman wrote: It's strange ... I think the locations that keep the $1 coffee also have seniors $1 coffee.

If you go to recent orders and click recorder, the $1 coffee should appear.

I tried setting up an order at a Wal-Mart McDonald's... but that didn't work. But setting the location to a different one, I was able to add the items and then change location back to a Wal-Mart one.
Hmm the ones I go to do have $1 senior coffee though. I can click the re-order but when I try to checkout or whatever it just tells me those items aren't available (or some similar error). Are people doing something to bypass that error message or does it just work for them by clicking re-order? Actually I never get the $1 coffee because I'm an addict and need a large lol, so I pay the extra 30 cents or whatever.

However back when they used to have any size for $1 I was getting multiple XL sometimes (for giving co-workers, not all for me lol), but I could never duplicate it after the promo ended and I did try.

On that note I'm not even upset it doesn't work for me and never has, I'm more upset about them making it only S/M for $1 instead of any size!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13513 upvotes
bobbings wrote: I legitimately have so many free coffee stickers I'll be good until the next time they officially have dollar coffees again. lol The stack of the Buy 7 get 1 free is so thick I could be tossing these instead of dollar bills at the strip club.
Careful, these expire in February I believe as they are going in favour of the app points now. Better use 'em fast. I have a ton too (maybe 50-60?) but probably not going to end up using them in time. Some RFDers also have several times what I have too, dunno how those guys are going to use those up.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Careful, these expire in February I believe as they are going in favour of the app points now. Better use 'em fast. I have a ton too (maybe 50-60?) but probably not going to end up using them in time. Some RFDers also have several times what I have too, dunno how those guys are going to use those up.
Afaik, McDonald's backtracked on the expiry date of these on-cup stickers and cards.

from https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/getm ... wards.html

What happens to the on-cup McCafé stickers?

There are no changes to the on-cup McCafé Rewards sticker program at this time. That said, we are currently testing removing the on-cup McCafé Rewards stickers in Manitoba and selected areas of Northwestern Ontario (Fort Frances, Kenora, Dryden). These areas were part of our test for the new MyMcDonald’s Rewards program. We’ll keep our guests informed about any other changes we make in the future.

Last month, the same webpage had...

Goodbye Paper, Hello Digital
Starting October 5th, McCafé® Rewards stickers and cards will no longer be available on hot beverage cups. For FREE any size selected McCafé beverages, earn points with new MyMcDonald’s Rewards. Completed McCafé Rewards cards can be redeemed until February 28, 2022.
Destiny is all
Apr 2, 2016
539 posts
547 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I've emailed McDonalds and left a Voicemail on their customer service line.

Thank you for reporting this issue, defrauding companies due to price errors is highly unethical.

I appreciate your candor.
Umar96 wrote: Corporations would never do the reverse, not sure why we are supposed to take the moral high ground.
Agree with the latter, corporations only take corrective action when called out. Corps alwats be price gouging.

But thanks for your honesty @redflagdealsguy !

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)