Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] [YMMV] Register your eligible AMEX on McDonalds App and get $5 statement credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2018 2:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1171 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto

[McDonalds] [YMMV] Register your eligible AMEX on McDonalds App and get $5 statement credit

Received email this morning. YMMV since it looks targed.

1. Register Your Eligible American Express® Card ending in XXXXX during the offer period of February 27 - March 31, 2018. Only the first 15,000 Basic American Express Consumer and Small Business Cards to be successfully registered will be eligible for this offer.
2. Download the free My McD’s app and add your registered American Express Card ending in XXXXX as your Payment Method. Already have the My McD’s app? Add your registered American Express Card as your Payment Method within your existing account.
3. Spend In-app with My McD’s – use your registered Card as your payment method to make an in-app purchase of $5 or more in a single transaction, after taxes, from February 27 - March 31, 2018 and earn a $5 Statement Credit.

A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase.
Images
  • Image4.jpg
  • Image6.jpg
Last edited by johnsmithy on Feb 27th, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
=============
Heatware
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5994 posts
1015 upvotes
Mont-Royal
time to get FAT, spring and summer beach and abs season is coming! Best timing! thanks OP! I heard their salad has lot of awesome dressings which might contain more calories than a big mac!
Last edited by L4cky on Feb 27th, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23778 posts
10208 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 7:36 am
time to get FAT
It's only a one time $5 statement credit. Lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1171 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 7:38 am
It's only a one time $5 statement credit. Lol
Definitely a good thing....
=============
Heatware
Sep 24, 2012
790 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga
Got the email.
I wish McD app is half decent to accept my amex. I always get that unexpected error when adding my credit card
Aug 4, 2010
942 posts
197 upvotes
^Same. Tried on several versions with several cards on several days. Never worked.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3379 posts
902 upvotes
QC
Got the email for a card that I canceled in January. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2077 posts
457 upvotes
Is there a generic site where we can register our Amex cards or is it strictly targetting via email?
HSBC World Elite Mastercard
3% travel/1.5% everything else, Mastercard acceptance
31 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11500 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto, ON
minimalist wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 10:11 am
Is there a generic site where we can register our Amex cards or is it strictly targetting via email?
It's a targetted email... If you click on the link in the email it knows which card to register as I didn't need to enter anything.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6403 posts
2387 upvotes
North York
Was able to register and successfully added my AMEX into the McD app.
This wasn't working for me months before.
The older app I switched to stops working now so I updated the app and viola! AMEX can now finally be added!

I don't like though how after adding the credit card, the app returned me to the add credit card screen again, so I thought it was unsuccessful and so put in the card details again.
Now the app recorded my AMEX twice and there seems no way to remove it.
Feb 4, 2017
167 posts
86 upvotes
The app has been terrible since release of mobile ordering. You cannot add any cards to your account. Only thing it has been useful for is mobile coupons.

If anyone knows a reason why errors pop up and a solution, it would be great to hear.
Jan 30, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Saskatoon
Does anyone know if there's a way to know if you will get the credit? That's my real question.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6403 posts
2387 upvotes
North York
Finally able to place my first mobile order. Hoping the credit will show up sometime. Thanks OP!
Jan 16, 2008
21 posts
2 upvotes
I was able to successfully add my amex to the app and receive the credit 2 weeks ago.
Sep 29, 2014
125 posts
48 upvotes
Eagle Ridge, SK
mkimimi wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 10:50 pm
I was able to successfully add my amex to the app and receive the credit 2 weeks ago.
Do you remember how long it took to get the credit after the purchase? I'm planning to cancel the card in a week, but I dont know if the credit will post in a week.