Entertainment

MCU LOKI limited series debuts June 9 2021 Disney+

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2021 11:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13522 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto

MCU LOKI limited series debuts June 9 2021 Disney+

Uploaded by an official channel (oops! it's a Russia bootleg channel! sorry!) but still looks like a telesync (NO PROPER FOOTAGE -- just the announcement from SDCC)



Feige indicates the series will tie into the next Dr. Strange movie

https://www.slashfilm.com/loki-doctor-strange/

No one's dissected the significance of any of the varied fonts in the logo but apparently twitter didn't like it

Last edited by jenviea on May 5th, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
465 upvotes
jenviea wrote: Owen Wilson joins the MCU through this streaming series
That's funny because Hiddleston does a great impression of Wilson.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1854 upvotes
Ajax
Great news. However, it feels like we are paying for the next 2 years before we get anything else significant. Most of the items I already have on DVD, Bl-ray, 4K UHD or on home server.
So what am I paying for exactly? Maybe for younger families with no library of content at home.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
10525 posts
2884 upvotes
Winnipeg
loki looks good.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13522 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
Watched the footage once and I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea what's going on
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2002
10525 posts
2884 upvotes
Winnipeg
jenviea wrote: Watched the footage once and I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea what's going on
yeah I had to look up what tva was. The Time Variance Authority (TVA). A multiverse police.

Maybe using the cube judged him and landed him in jail. Kinda along the lines of how the cube judged the red skull and imprisoned him as the door man for the soul stone. We'll have to wait and see what the charges are and add to where the next phase is going? For example it all has to take place in a separate split time line since it all happened after Hulk got the time stone and tony got the cube in the 70's that means his escape or any deviation of events occured in a splintered time line that will be erased when the stones get put back.

I wonder if there was a method to collecting the stones and why Thanos got the power stone first and needed to use a gauntlet to harness it? You get that stone and live no other stones or anything can dictate any terms to you. LOL
Image
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
6219 posts
3074 upvotes
Global Village
Premieres June 11th.
Edit: changed to June 9th
Last edited by scoper on May 17th, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All day I dream about sports
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13522 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
I see many are writing off Falcon and Soldier so look forward to the next show (or not)

Deal Addict
User avatar
May 31, 2009
1674 posts
562 upvotes
People are going nuts because at the 2:04 mark. It seems that Loki is having a conversation with Natasha. Plus this feels like a live action PG-13 version of Rick and Morty. Which I guess is only appropriate as the show runner worked on R&M itself.
[external link removed]
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20116 posts
6097 upvotes
lead wrote: yeah I had to look up what tva was. The Time Variance Authority (TVA). A multiverse police.

Maybe using the cube judged him and landed him in jail. Kinda along the lines of how the cube judged the red skull and imprisoned him as the door man for the soul stone. We'll have to wait and see what the charges are and add to where the next phase is going? For example it all has to take place in a separate split time line since it all happened after Hulk got the time stone and tony got the cube in the 70's that means his escape or any deviation of events occured in a splintered time line that will be erased when the stones get put back.

I wonder if there was a method to collecting the stones and why Thanos got the power stone first and needed to use a gauntlet to harness it? You get that stone and live no other stones or anything can dictate any terms to you. LOL
Image
I guess it's too early to see if they will go after the 7th stone in the Malibu Universe. The Black Knight knows about it. But you never know...
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20116 posts
6097 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: People are going nuts because at the 2:04 mark. It seems that Loki is having a conversation with Natasha. Plus this feels like a live action PG-13 version of Rick and Morty. Which I guess is only appropriate as the show runner worked on R&M itself.
Others have said that's not her but....

Well, you have to check out some of the latest YouTube videos...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13522 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: Others have said that's not her but....
I can't see her bum
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13522 posts
5410 upvotes
Toronto
Will stream on Wednesdays instead of Fridays as first announced



I believe this aired a few days back but the official channel only now has it

Last edited by jenviea on May 5th, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
12485 posts
9193 upvotes
GTA, ON
jenviea wrote: Will stream on Wednesdays instead of Fridays as first announced

Well, my wish to move up the scheduled date came true, though.... only by two days. :rolleyes:
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Top