Entertainment

LOKI (MCU Disney+ series second season October 5 2023)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2023 9:33 pm
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shikotee wrote: Don't forget to midcredit......
That apple pie tree gave me nightmares as a kid
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Just watched out. I want to see more of the bad side of Loki and him using his powers. I loved his role in the first Avengers movie. Need to see more of that.

It will be nice if he brought the Chitauri and used them against Dox and the other Time Staff lol who don't listen to him lol. Also maybe to defeat Kang as well.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
Finally, all caught up and ready for tonight's Episode 3 LIVE watch party at 9pm EST. My new TV arrived earlier this week and I re-watched and binged all previous LOKI episodes. Plus, I watched ANT-MAN 3 in IMAX Enhanced format. So bring on Kang the Conqueor ASAP! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
I was away in Cuba for a couple of weeks, and just caught up.
What are folks thinking?

Definitely doesn't seem as tight as s1.
I find I'm less intrigued, and more annoyed.
Loki himself just seems way too neutered.
It's like he's just kindof around, and more is going on with other characters.
I'm guessing the next episode has potential to offer something fresh, so fingers crossed.
Biggest dissapointment is Sophie.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Oct 11, 2007
388 posts
354 upvotes
I watch this series and I am lost. I can't get into it, I can't follow what on earth is going on. I just have no interest. I want to try and like it, but I can't. I guess its just me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
^ I've only been doing the live watch parties at 9pm EST on Thursdays. No repeat viewings for Season 2 with only 2 episodes left. When the season is finished, I will probably binge watch both seasons which is only 12 episodes in total. ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8741 upvotes
Toronto
Rxman wrote: I watch this series and I am lost. I can't get into it, I can't follow what on earth is going on. I just have no interest. I want to try and like it, but I can't. I guess its just me.
Not just you - wifey was somewhat ok to go thru Loki S1 but S2 - no can do.

She falls asleep and very disinterested so we are now watching Midnight Mass!

I'll have to find time to watch this on my own.....
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: Not just you - wifey was somewhat ok to go thru Loki S1 but S2 - no can do.

She falls asleep and very disinterested so we are now watching Midnight Mass!

I'll have to find time to watch this on my own.....
This pretty much nails what the problem many people are having MCU.
It has become too convoluted and confusing.
You have to watch everything (TV and movies) to follow along, and not everyone is into that.
It's way too bloated, and uses a predictable formulaic approach to storytelling.

Imagine what it would be like to watch the new Marvels movie if you never watched Wandavision or Ms. Marvel.
I'd say it is ok to supplement with TV shows, but movie watchers should not be forced to see the shows in order to follow along with the movies.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
i didnt even enjoy S1, but was tolerable. This S2 isnt. The excitement of Loki being hunted is gone. Now it's supposed to be excitement of finding out what is happening, except it isnt exciting.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
This latest episode was much more enjoyable.
It fleshed out some things we knew were the case, but didn't know much beyond that.
All while offering an interesting problem solving scenario.
Basically - much more interesting than running around the TVA flapping like a fish out of water.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1577 posts
1189 upvotes
Episode 5 was the first episode of Loki that I actually enjoyed.

Ke Huy Quan is good, but Jonathan Majors is awful in every scene.

Glad that there is only one episode left.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
Still can’t get pass episode 1 of S2…. I was never a fan of Johnathan Majors, so I’d welcome a recast.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
I gave up after watching the second episode. Are the rest any better now?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
djemzine wrote: I gave up after watching the second episode. Are the rest any better now?
Some are good. Some are extremely confusing. I just wonder where this is all leading to...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
djemzine wrote: I gave up after watching the second episode. Are the rest any better now?
It's kind of meh. But I also did not love the first season. I love the concepts of multiple realities and time lines, but I dunno something about this show just lacks any spark.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not a fan of Major's overacting. Thought I was just being racist :p
teksavvy sucks
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: It's kind of meh. But I also did not love the first season. I love the concepts of multiple realities and time lines, but I dunno something about this show just lacks any spark.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not a fan of Major's overacting. Thought I was just being racist :p
Haha nope. You’re not the only one.
DougO wrote: Some are good. Some are extremely confusing. I just wonder where this is all leading to...
Yeah I just gave up altogether. Kind of reminds me of Moon Knight, though I did give it a try to watch the very last episode.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Haha nope. You’re not the only one.

Yeah I just gave up altogether. Kind of reminds me of Moon Knight, though I did give it a try to watch the very last episode.
The problem seems to be these shows do little of what we have come to expect from superhero movies and TV shows of the past. They also take a lot of liberties with the source material which irks long time readers like myself. Then, they seem to write too many messages into whatever they are producing rather than concentrate on a coherent story. So, no one calls them out for bad writing...until now apparently with the new Daredevil Born Again series which Kevin Feige was extremely displeased with apparently. We'll have to see what happens at that earnings call on Wednesday about the future of Marvel and Disney. I'd be a bit pissed if I was an investor seeing the stock go from $200USD a share when Endgame was king of the box office to today when it is trading at $83USD a share...
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: The problem seems to be these shows do little of what we have come to expect from superhero movies and TV shows of the past. They also take a lot of liberties with the source material which irks long time readers like myself. Then, they seem to write too many messages into whatever they are producing rather than concentrate on a coherent story. So, no one calls them out for bad writing...until now apparently with the new Daredevil Born Again series which Kevin Feige was extremely displeased with apparently. We'll have to see what happens at that earnings call on Wednesday about the future of Marvel and Disney. I'd be a bit pissed if I was an investor seeing the stock go from $200USD a share when Endgame was king of the box office to today when it is trading at $83USD a share...
Don't forget, there are many viewers that seem to have extremely unreasonably high expectations.
If you're gonna mention source material, what percentage of released comics do you think are above average?
"Bad Writing" is a cliche. I think "bad cohesion" is the bigger problem.
I'm not sure it is as easy peasy as we think it is to determine, in advance, what will suck.
Many ideas seem great whilst imagined - not so much after filming.

I don't think it is possible for superhero movies to continuously outperform.
Also, I think there is way too much BS with regards to what is spent for these movies/series.
Disney needs to accept that there will be projects that will not reach Endgame heights, and budget accordingly.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Story is all over the place this season and incohesive, the last episode better be strong and tie everything back together.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: Story is all over the place this season and incohesive, the last episode better be strong and tie everything back together.
They really wasted so much of this season with nothing.
From the comics, Kang was never ever a big deal for me.
Knew who he was, but didn't really care.
Never had the gravitas like Thanos, or Doom.
I was intrigued by s1 Kang, felt meh with Ant-man, and really dissapointed with the portrayal of Timely.
Maybe a recast could save the character?

This season really needed much more time travelling arcs/missions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)