Meater wireless BBQ thermometers on Sale

Deal Link:
Savings:
10%
Expiry:
September 30, 2021
Retailer:
Meater
Been watching these for a while, friend has one and I really enjoyed using it. All models back in stock and currently on sale.

It's a splurge for sure, but these will help up your BBQ game.
Last edited by rhayward on Sep 20th, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11154 posts
5261 upvotes
Ahh for sure this is a bit of a crazy price.I have a cheap $40 one and hardly need to use it but when i do it does the job,yes it dont connect to phone but wow 150 for a stick lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2780 posts
388 upvotes
Newmarket
Not worth it... Rather go with a wireless thermopro with two probes. Maybe not app controlled but still wireless and accurate.
Nov 21, 2007
134 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville
For long smokes, this could be quite useful. I'm using a thermopro set from Amazon with a remote (rf) reader. But when I have to step out for 30 min /1 hour, i obviously can't monitor the bbq's temperature.. But 150$....ouch
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1778 posts
1991 upvotes
West GTA
The price point is a bit crazy, but people should all have SOME kind of probe thermometer for both indoor and outdoor use - it dramatically improves cooking and it's easy to use. Chicken perfectly cooked instead of pink or dry. Steaks cooked to your exact specs every time. I got a ThermoPro two-probe meter that has a wireless connection of a couple hundred feet for like 60 bucks on sale (currently 80):

https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-Wireles ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

I'm pleased with it. There are a ton of other options available, always worth looking around.
Nov 23, 2006
386 posts
246 upvotes
Ontario
The only time I would say that the meater style fully wireless probes are useful are if you do a lot of rotisserie cooking - no wires to wrap around the spit, and don't have to have a weird setup where they base unit has to spin as well.

That being said, if you don't use that, then meater probes are just a huge waste of money. Cool? Yeah. But not for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3652 posts
1801 upvotes
Ottawa
Have one, as does a buddy. Works well. If I were to do again I'd get the WiFi block for better reception. Bluetooth is crap
Apr 7, 2015
615 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver Island
The US vs. Canadian prices make no sense. Last month I looked at the Meater Block in the US + 15% off coupon and it came to about $280cad after conversion, while on the Canadian site the same item with the same coupon came to $380.
Apr 7, 2015
615 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Use coupon code ELITE to bring it down to a slightly more tolerable $331CAD only $49cad more than the equivalent US pricing.

I ended up pulling the trigger. I've been looking at the Meater Block for probably more than a year now, and for the amount of cooking I do both at home and at work, I think I can rationalize it in my mind...
Images
  • Screenshot_20210920-062649_Chrome.jpg
Nov 13, 2013
635 posts
497 upvotes
Quebec
I also think it's overpriced but don't compare this to wireless thermometer like Thermopro which offer remote reading, but still need wired probes.

With the Meater, it's 100% wireless probe so you can us it on a Rotisserie, different use and having this technology inside a probe and resistant to very high temperature may justify the price difference
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
101 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
AncientWords wrote: Use coupon code ELITE to bring it down to a slightly more tolerable $331CAD only $49cad more than the equivalent US pricing.

I ended up pulling the trigger. I've been looking at the Meater Block for probably more than a year now, and for the amount of cooking I do both at home and at work, I think I can rationalize it in my mind...
THANK YOU! I cancelled and re-ordered with that code. Cheers!
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
101 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
grumble wrote: The price point is a bit crazy, but people should all have SOME kind of probe thermometer for both indoor and outdoor use - it dramatically improves cooking and it's easy to use. Chicken perfectly cooked instead of pink or dry. Steaks cooked to your exact specs every time. I got a ThermoPro two-probe meter that has a wireless connection of a couple hundred feet for like 60 bucks on sale (currently 80):

https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-Wireles ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

I'm pleased with it. There are a ton of other options available, always worth looking around.
Agreed - it's a game changer. I have a 2 probe unit for long smokes but the wires are no good for rotisserie. Meater is a great option for that.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3652 posts
1801 upvotes
Ottawa
I think I have like 3 wired probes. Pain in the butt wrapping them and cleaning them etc. They have their place sure. I often wished I had more of the meaters and the WiFi block. Will buy using code. I can't find a place to put the code using mobile.. Will try desktop
Apr 7, 2015
615 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver Island
shylok wrote: I think I have like 3 wired probes. Pain in the butt wrapping them and cleaning them etc. They have their place sure. I often wished I had more of the meaters and the WiFi block. Will buy using code. I can't find a place to put the code using mobile.. Will try desktop
It's during checkout - check my screenshot, it's from mobile.
Oct 8, 2006
62 posts
7 upvotes
I have had one for over a year. One of the things I like the most is that it does a decent job of forecasting how long something will take to finish. When you start you set what you are cooking and how well done you want it and then it tracks the cook, forecasting when you will be done and giving a 5 minute warning. The one I have you place the block close to the BBQ and it broadcasts bluetooth to your phone or tablet. From there it connects to wifi and you can watch the cook from any wifi attached device. Expensive, but for me it was a present and I use it for most of my smokes or bbq.
Jan 25, 2013
178 posts
123 upvotes
Whitby
Thanks for posting OP!

Been wanted to get a Meater for a long time and was waiting for a sale.
I have the Thermoworks MK4 but love the Meater for it's ability to estimate time and continually monitor.

I was tempted to get the block but couldn't imagine too many scenarios where I'd need 4 probes.
Went with the Meater plus so I'll see how it works out.

The Elite code worked for the single Meater plus but not on the 2 pack so I just got the single.
Dec 2, 2014
208 posts
484 upvotes
I've got the nutrichef one that has 2 probes and an app for wireless. For $55.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B076B36HF9/

Can't see why you'd get this overpriced thing unless you do a significant amount of routissery and if you do then seems good.
Apr 7, 2015
615 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver Island
SoulBrotherNo3 wrote: I was tempted to get the block but couldn't imagine too many scenarios where I'd need 4 probes.
I can help you think up a scenario! Imagine you're having a BBQ, all the guys are over, and you've got steak, smokies, burgers, and lobster all on the go 🤤
Jun 26, 2015
149 posts
197 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
SoulBrotherNo3 wrote:
I was tempted to get the block but couldn't imagine too many scenarios where I'd need 4 probes.
an extra probe would really help for say a brisket cook. its nice to know the temperature of the point and flat of the brisket, they can be very different.
The Elite quote works with two singular Meater Probes, but not the two pack for some reason.
2 pack with no code: $229
2x single probe with ELITE code: $203
Sep 25, 2012
50 posts
78 upvotes
SoulBrotherNo3 wrote: I was tempted to get the block but couldn't imagine too many scenarios where I'd need 4 probes.
Just yesterday I used 4 probes for these 6lbs porchettas
PXL_20210919_213157820.PORTRAIT.jpg
Had a probe in either end of each to make sure it hit 165 on all sides. Guess I could have just as easily moved the probes around. That being said... I'm using $20 probes, not $120 probes Face With Tears Of Joy