Jul 10, 2004
1212 posts
1323 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
JiiJii wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 5:51 pm
I think they look great! Just picked up a pair for the Scotiabank marathon
Really?

Adidas Engineer: "These are the stability versions of our popular Ultraboost running shoes."
Adidas Exec: "But they look exactly the same. I can't tell the difference. Our consumers will be confused."
Adidas Designer: "Fair. We'll add a strip of colour to the insole to indicate the harder Boost material that gives the shoe more stability."
Adidas Exec: "Not good enough."
Adidas Designer: "Hmm."
Adidas Exec: "Hmm."
Adidas Designer: "I got it! Let's add an ugly, random, asymmetric strip of colour across the toes on the upper!"
Adidas Exec: "PERFECT!"
Mar 20, 2016
506 posts
271 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:14 pm
Denial. Denial!!!

...Same here.. I don't need more.. and I don't need to spend more $$... but why....... WHY RFD /logsoff
I have to resist every time I see a shoes deal like this LOL
Jan 19, 2011
850 posts
407 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty sure $240 shoes made by adidas, even if called running shoes, are not actually for running.
Jun 28, 2009
756 posts
292 upvotes
Got a pair last time.. going to wait for further reductions. If my size is available then it's meant to be...
Mar 27, 2012
12 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Ya i think so. But not a fan of that color
Jul 4, 2017
54 posts
79 upvotes
I've had the red ST for a while now, and they're much better than the originals imo, especially for incredibly long walks.

The sole is a bit thicker, but the underside of the tongue doesn't have that annoying unstitched part like the originals so it's worth it.
Aug 3, 2010
137 posts
108 upvotes
North York
This friggin thread awakened my Ultra Boost addition but instead of the ST, I bought the Ultra Boost Parley from Sportchek with 30% off + 10% off from newsletter signup + 6% Ebates cashback. Came up to $178 after tax but before Ebates. They look so much better than these. But damn, I really didn't need another pair... Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1261 posts
1997 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked up a pair in store today. Paid $101.15+tax (extra 15% off first responder/military discount). Nice shoe for the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3917 posts
840 upvotes
Vancouver
molybdenum wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 7:35 pm
Pretty sure $240 shoes made by adidas, even if called running shoes, are not actually for running.
They're a pair of shoes. You can wear them however you like. It just so happens that Ultraboosts look pretty great (maybe minus the STs) so that they can be worn as lifestyle shoes, are comfy af, and are also really well-reviewed for running.

What some people will do is wear them as their training shoes and then use them as casual walking shoes after they wear out. Runners do wear out and if you're a frequent runner, this can happen in as little as 6mo-1yr.
Removed external link in signature.
Aug 14, 2018
114 posts
300 upvotes
hartzfizzo wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 4:04 pm
very tempted. Nike Freeruns have always been go-to walk around shoe, but people swear by ultraboosts. It seems that every young'un and their dog wears boosts. What say you guys? Are you on this train?
I have 3 pairs of UB 1 real and 2 fake, and even the fakes are still better then any shoe I have worn in my life lol, when I put a pair of non boost shoes on it feels uncomfortable as hell and like im walking on cement.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7918 posts
2311 upvotes
Toronto
i ordered these yesterday
MEN'S PUREBOOST DPR SHOES
can anyone shed some light on what the main difference is between "ultra" and "pure" boost?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jun 20, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Bought two pairs to get the right size.

Thanks OP.
Oct 10, 2015
75 posts
128 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
The ultra boost ST are much more comfortable than the regular ultra boost and in my opinion look as good or better too. Really dun understand the hate, but due to the hate these go on sale regularly so i’m not complaining haha. a little late this time oos online