Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MEC

Arc'teryx Radsten Parka - Men's 50% off $750 -> $375

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2021 1:12 pm
Sr. Member
Sep 6, 2012
579 posts
272 upvotes
Vancouver
It is MEC just like Costco. Buy first and think second.
Member
Apr 1, 2011
468 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
CyprusTM wrote: Looks like all their stuff is made in china now.
If that means lower price with the same quality then isn't it a good thing?

Many people may not want to admit it but made in North America really doesn't mean premium quality anymore for clothing at least.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2007
1366 posts
755 upvotes
According to one reviewer, -5c and you start feeling the chill. They mentioned you would need a mid layer at any colder.
HenryC422053 wrote: How warm is it? Good for -10 weather?
Hashim85 wrote: I assume this is not suitable for winters in southern Ontario?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1954 posts
1209 upvotes
jameslinux wrote: This doesn't come with powder skirt, good for walking around but not for skiing.
TIL powder skirt is a thing
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Newbie
Jul 22, 2015
24 posts
13 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jameslinux wrote: This doesn't come with powder skirt, good for walking around but not for skiing.
Thank you! My wallet is safe today then :D
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1219 posts
1898 upvotes
CyprusTM wrote: Looks like all their stuff is made in china now.
According to Arc themselves, the Chinese made stuff has better quality control than the stuff they make in Vancouver. It's good that more high quality stuff is made in China now.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4462 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Arcteryx got bought up by a Chinese company over year ago, maybe two years by now. Loved arcteryx and had my first piece over 10 years ago when they were solely based in BC. Honestly I’ve seen the quality drop from when they were a smaller company and a little more ‘boutique’/green. Haven’t bought one recently as I’ve seen the quality drop.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1219 posts
1898 upvotes
honggil wrote: Haven’t bought one recently as I’ve seen the quality drop.
If you haven't own any recently, then you can't quantifiably say the quality has dropped, just sayin'.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2014 posts
1341 upvotes
isgaard wrote: According to Arc themselves, the Chinese made stuff has better quality control than the stuff they make in Vancouver. It's good that more high quality stuff is made in China now.
Would you really expect them to say that their products now are lower quality now that it's moved to China?
Newbie
Nov 27, 2019
58 posts
86 upvotes
In for one before size M got sold out. In case anyone is interested this is an extremely detailed review . I plan to use it for both everyday and the very occasional skiing session (I find parkas more comfy cause I run hot and not willing to splurge on a ski jacket)

https://coatchecking.co/blog/arcteryx-r ... parka-2020
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1219 posts
1898 upvotes
ktkn wrote: Would you really expect them to say that their products now are lower quality now that it's moved to China?
They could also not say anything at all. Only a handful of goretex stuff is made in China now, most of it is made in Bangladesh, Burma, and Indonesia. As long as Anta sports owns Arc, I personally don't care where it's made.
Member
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
CyprusTM wrote: Looks like all their stuff is made in china now.
Yes and also water is wet.
Newbie
Aug 2, 2019
25 posts
42 upvotes
siruiguo wrote: If that means lower price with the same quality then isn't it a good thing?

Many people may not want to admit it but made in North America really doesn't mean premium quality anymore for clothing at least.
This

These days, made in Vancouver generally means much higher costs for workers who have much higher salaries working fewer hours yet produce same or lower quality results and requiring a much longer time to do the same job.

I don't buy the "quality" argument anymore. However if you say you want to support local jobs and pay for your neighbors then that would be an argument that still holds weight.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4462 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
isgaard wrote: If you haven't own any recently, then you can't quantifiably say the quality has dropped, just sayin'.
Not gonna argue or go off trail from the topic, but just saying that if you don't own one there's other ways to know the quality has dropped. Maybe I'll drop a few ideas.. maybe If you have friends.. who bought one recently? Or gone to the store to check it out and tried it on..?

Not quite sure why you have to own one to 'quantifiably say the quality has dropped'.
Member
User avatar
Oct 10, 2019
481 posts
476 upvotes
I've lived in Quebec for over 50 yrs and have survived without a $750 (with tax $858.75) parka. I think I am still OK. :-)
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1219 posts
1898 upvotes
honggil wrote: Not gonna argue or go off trail from the topic, but just saying that if you don't own one there's other ways to know the quality has dropped. Maybe I'll drop a few ideas.. maybe If you have friends.. who bought one recently? Or gone to the store to check it out and tried it on..?

Not quite sure why you have to own one to 'quantifiably say the quality has dropped'.
To discern quality you need to own a product for a brief amount of time before having a valid opinion on them. Goretex products today and their manufacturing methods are way better than they were years ago so quality did in fact get better.

Or you can spare everyone your mental gymnastic and just say you like stuff made in Canada so you can tell people it's made in Canada, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)