Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4298 upvotes
Looks like a lunch bag that ate too many lunches
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1003 posts
123 upvotes
Yo, timbuk2 makes great quality bags. Quality stitching and cleverly built.

I have 4 different timbuk2 bags and regret nothing. If you are looking for a high quality waterproof laptop back pack, this is a hawt deal. if you dont like it, just return it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=40&v=JfzQEmqX-90
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5553 posts
374 upvotes
Vancouver
Should I get this or Ameribag? Which one is better?
Aug 4, 2004
719 posts
23 upvotes
Hmm I need to buy the membership in order to purchase something. Can anyone comment if the membership is worth it? I have never purchased anything from mec before.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1003 posts
123 upvotes
Nonopeno wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 10:20 pm
Hmm I need to buy the membership in order to purchase something. Can anyone comment if the membership is worth it? I have never purchased anything from mec before.
Yes, its worth it if you're the type to buy outdoorsy type gear. Personally i goto them for my backpacks and cycling accessories.. They have a great return policy and their brick and mortar stores are very fun to browse.

I would have bought this bag, but i already have the Rogue which is quite similar to this bag. So, instead, i went with the Timbuk2 showdown, as its quite different in style and qualifies for free shipping (even though i will be picking up in-store).

http://www.mec.ca/product/5037-111/timb ... ?q=timbuk2
May 20, 2003
433 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
You can call the Toronto store and order on the phone and they will ship it for a flat fee. I think it was $15 for next day delivery.

They have great deals too many that aren't advertised online. If you try to buy online, shipping and duties can get expensive. The bag on sale from MEC is kinda ugly IMO. I have a couple of laptop bags and just bought a luggage roller from them. Great quality, warranty and service.
Nov 11, 2013
167 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
davext wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 10:31 pm
You can call the Toronto store and order on the phone and they will ship it for a flat fee. I think it was $15 for next day delivery.

They have great deals too many that aren't advertised online. If you try to buy online, shipping and duties can get expensive. The bag on sale from MEC is kinda ugly IMO. I have a couple of laptop bags and just bought a luggage roller from them. Great quality, warranty and service.
Will be trying this tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Aug 17, 2011
90 posts
105 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thanks! I have been eyeing this bag for a few months now. I prefer the all black bag, but for the price, I can live with the other colours.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2003 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
ChiGGz wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 4:53 pm
Is it cheaper in store vs online?
In store had mostly 30% off, didn't take a look at everything though.
thr333zy wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 2:31 pm
In store only?
I believe there are some prices online that are 30% off, but it would show it online if it did. Otherwise, the sale is on for sure in store until about the end of the month/stock runs out.
Nov 25, 2009
171 posts
51 upvotes
vtse wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 12:42 am
In store had mostly 30% off, didn't take a look at everything though.

I believe there are some prices online that are 30% off, but it would show it online if it did. Otherwise, the sale is on for sure in store until about the end of the month/stock runs out.

North Vancouver store did not carry any of the clearance ones. I went with the showdown bag because it uses zippers rather than velcro and buckle.

Great quality bag for a fair price.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1933 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
The showdown backpack looks much more appealing and has free shipping

EDIT: Just realized the Showdown is not waterproof at all. :(
Dec 21, 2010
48 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thanks OP, ordered with $5 filler hat for free shipping. Whopping $1.50 saved but free hat!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4332 posts
946 upvotes
GTEH!
Nonopeno wrote:
Jul 15th, 2015 10:20 pm
$5 Lifetime membership is DEFINITELY worth it. It's ONLY $5!
Been a MEC member for over 20 years now and they have quality products.
😎
Nov 26, 2014
92 posts
63 upvotes
Strathmore, AB
Thanks, I've been eyeing a Timbuk2 backpack for a while. This isn't the model I had my eyes on but it seems like a decent one.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2449 posts
208 upvotes
Winnipeg
Webhead wrote:
Jul 16th, 2015 1:47 pm
$5 Lifetime membership is DEFINITELY worth it. It's ONLY $5!
Been a MEC member for over 20 years now and they have quality products.
Yup, and if you spend enough money there (like I have been the last few years on Bikes and water crafts), you get a few bucks back at the end of the year.

Best warranty out there and they stand behind their ADVISE. How many stores do you know that will do that?