• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2018 4:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes

[MEC] Fenix PD35 Flashlight - $69 clearance

Well reviewed (but not the newest model) Fenix PD35 Flashlight for $69 with free shipping through April 25th. Though add $5 MEC membership for those who don't have one.

Looks like it's a reasonable price given everywhere else I look it is selling for >$90?

Now could anyone recommend a good (cheap) battery/charger for this?
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8728 posts
2145 upvotes
Mont-Royal
manufacturer cost is 9.93$. of course people need to eat... mrsp is of course inflated
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4180 posts
3139 upvotes
Ontario
L4cky wrote: manufacturer cost is 9.93$. of course people need to eat... mrsp is of course inflated
But I bought these at like $6 bucks before.... You sure it's really $10 to manufacture lol.
---
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8728 posts
2145 upvotes
Mont-Royal
kanechart wrote: But I bought these at like $6 bucks before.... You sure it's really $10 to manufacture lol.
haha I believe it's less, but it's rather the shipping I believe
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Oct 26, 2017
156 posts
274 upvotes
This is a pretty good light. There's higher lumen lights for less money, but not with good brand reputations like Fenix.

Just FYI, here's a comparable Olight on as a lightning deal: Olight M1X striker.

EBL makes some good batteries and chargers - for sale on Amazon. Not the very cheapest, but at least you get the real mah-rating you pay for.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1901 posts
503 upvotes
toronto
why this over a cree xml on fleebay for 6$? curious.
think first, buy later.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14827 posts
5707 upvotes
RFD
msz87 wrote: why this over a cree xml on fleebay for 6$? curious.
CREE XM-L is old 2010 technology
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16944 posts
9018 upvotes
Ottawa
good light but I wish it had a moonlight mode. In the dark, you want a sub 1 lumen mode to not mess up your night vision, It has 5 levels so it would have been easy to assign a moonlight mode

the new ones have a metal side switch, I think the rubber ones will crack or split eventually.
<insert sig>
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1584 posts
2727 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Amazing light. I highly recommend it but only if you have the right batteries and charge for it already.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3724 posts
1229 upvotes
Belle River
Anyone got a suggestion for something comparable but zoomable sold in Canada? I also need a couple 18650s, but I don't wanna wait months to get it all.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2850 posts
2188 upvotes
Toronto
I have a few lights from Fenix, they make great stuff.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2812 posts
1680 upvotes
ontario
hystavito wrote: Anyone got a suggestion for something comparable but zoomable sold in Canada? I also need a couple 18650s, but I don't wanna wait months to get it all.
You can get 18650s at any vape shop.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: I'd love a flashlight suggestion - something that takes 18650s, has a moonlight mode or red LED, and won't break the bank.

I'd prefer the moonlight mode was first in the order, so I don't have to turn on a 1000 lumen spotlight to cycle over to the night-vision-protecting mode.
Not sure if this one has moonlight mode but it has the red halo. It is Bushnell brand (dont know much about it) but sold at Sail and they seem to have many flashlights on sale as well.

https://www.sail.ca/en/bushnell-lampe-d ... 00l-494471
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4440 posts
869 upvotes
Edmonton
Flashlights knock offs are a dime a dozen and very wildly in terms of quality and actual light out put. Felix makes solid stuff. I have one along with some cheap ones and frankly the cheap ones suck. I walk in the evening in pitch black often. Cheap lights well do a cheap job. A solid flashlight I can spot eyes of deer or wolves from 100m away easy.

Anyways also 18650 batteries very as well. Don’t think you’ll just buy anyone and your good like an AA battery. They are not all the same.

I have a few Felix batteries and like them. I bought some batteries off amazon from a reputable vendor. They did not work and not what wa promised. Wasted loads of my time trying to correct it. Grrr.

If you want a flashlight to go down stairs when power is out or see under the couch buy one from gear best. If you want one that works in -20 and has a good throw etc buy one of these or comparable.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Nov 24, 2007
291 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: Anyone got a suggestion for something comparable but zoomable sold in Canada? I also need a couple 18650s, but I don't wanna wait months to get it all.
For quality 18650's take apart old laptop batteries, test them all and keep whatever's still good.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3724 posts
1229 upvotes
Belle River
smileswithadimple wrote: For quality 18650's take apart old laptop batteries, test them all and keep whatever's still good.
How to test them? I have a decent charger with a display that shows voltage, would just trying to charge them be a sufficient test? Aren't the ones inside battery packs flat on both ends with metal soldered on?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1956 posts
1409 upvotes
Vancouver
bananabrother wrote: Finished and no longer available, the Fenix E 12 is still going for $37 here:

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5038-138/E12-Flashlight
I have an E12, nice flashlight, very compact and a single AA is a plus for me. Suits my urban needs.

I like how every time you turn it on, it starts at low, and some half-presses increases the brightness, and a full press for off. Much better than those costco flashlights that alternate between 3 levels & flashing regardless of half or full press.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)