• Aug 20th, 2021 11:36 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2718 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto

[MEC] MEC Free Shipping No Minimum Today Only

To celebrate their 50th birthday, free shipping no minimum. Ends tonight. Good deal especially if you can find something on clearance not available in your local store. Enjoy!
41 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5304 posts
2122 upvotes
Kitchener
I need a chain for a cheap 18 speed bike. MEC used to carry cheap kmc/sram chains. But not anymore.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1624 posts
2847 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thundercloud wrote: I need a chain for a cheap 18 speed bike. MEC used to carry cheap kmc/sram chains. But not anymore.
Thanks for sharing.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6732 posts
5283 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: I need a chain for a cheap 18 speed bike. MEC used to carry cheap kmc/sram chains. But not anymore.
They definitely carry cheap SRAM chains, just not the one you need. They have an 11 speed chain for $20 right now, which is cheap.

Bike components are hard to come by these days - so it's probably just out of stock at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5182 posts
1765 upvotes
Toronto
They seem to be full stock in Shimano cassettes and bike chains which they were not at the beginning of bike season.
Apr 10, 2011
872 posts
807 upvotes
Free shipping no minimum, today only.

A good opportunity to order cheap bike lights or that one-off sale item you’ve been eyeing!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1854 posts
445 upvotes
London
just in time - too lazy to go to the store to buy the CLIF bloks
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4661 posts
4152 upvotes
lemmiwinks wrote:

A good opportunity to order cheap bike lights or that one-off sale item you’ve been eyeing!
Hmm... expensive and not good reviews. Better off just going to Dollarama.
Jul 2, 2003
608 posts
396 upvotes
GTA
muffin4life wrote: Hmm... expensive and not good reviews. Better off just going to Dollarama.
Only expensive until you need to be seen by traffic at the rear or a hazard in front and your Dollorama light underperforms or craps out. I'll never understand why people refuse to spend money on items that keep them safe, be it on a bike, car or other hobbies/activities.
Mar 8, 2017
236 posts
506 upvotes
ThaChingster wrote: just in time - too lazy to go to the store to buy the CLIF bloks
Shows unavailable online for me. Only in store :(
Sep 27, 2003
10877 posts
3175 upvotes
Newmarket
Thanks OP! Had some stuff to pickup (under $50) but didn't want to make the trip to the store.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1159 posts
1285 upvotes
Surrey
muffin4life wrote: Hmm... expensive and not good reviews. Better off just going to Dollarama.
You can't put a price on safety. Some of the reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. MEC's guarantee is pretty generous so if the gear doesn't work out as intended you can return it and they'll help find something that will fit. Wouldn't trust the dollar store to keep me safe and be reliable for equipment I take outdoors.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1377 posts
897 upvotes
Be careful with this store. Their rock solid guarantee is not that good. Took a goreTex jacket in as it's letting water through. It's around 5 year mark. They refused to exchange/refund it.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11533 posts
9160 upvotes
Toronto
MEC is better but at least get one somewhere, still see lots of cyclists with no lights whatsoever.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2307 posts
1060 upvotes
Toronto
Is membership still required to place an order?
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1159 posts
1285 upvotes
Surrey
CDRoot wrote: Be careful with this store. Their rock solid guarantee is not that good. Took a goreTex jacket in as it's letting water through. It's around 5 year mark. They refused to exchange/refund it.
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? If the goretex is failing the manufacturers will be your best course of action. My friends have had successfully warrantied the north face jackets when the waterproofing failed. This was done through North Face. Unless you're was an me branded one? But even then the goretex is guaranteed for life if I remember correctly.
Aug 20, 2015
292 posts
369 upvotes
AB
CDRoot wrote: Be careful with this store. Their rock solid guarantee is not that good. Took a goreTex jacket in as it's letting water through. It's around 5 year mark. They refused to exchange/refund it.
Agreed, their "guarantee" isn't worth much, it's largely up to the whim of whoever you happen to deal with.

That said, have you tried re-waterproofing your GoreTex? These waterproof fabrics do need regular washing and treatment to restore their waterproofing performance, because it naturally degrades with use. I do my ski gear annually. Search for "Tech wash" or "Grangers".
🇺🇦

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)