• May 14th, 2020 12:37 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Fort Nelson, BC

[MEC] Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire - $349.99

Garmin fenix 5x sapphire. $349.99 at mec. 40% off till April 9th

I missed the previous sale at best buy so jumped on this. Sharing the love. Happy hunting.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 5th, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
79 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1839 posts
429 upvotes
ajk123 wrote:
I missed the previous sale at best buy so jumped on this. Sharing the love. Happy hunting.
What was the best buy deal?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Fort Nelson, BC
Same price. 40% off at $349
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9224 posts
4857 upvotes
Where can you really use this these days?

Still on a 3 HR Sapphire... Plan to wait for at least the 5X Plus to go on sale...
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Fort Nelson, BC
chatbox wrote: Where can you really use this these days?
Communicate with a garmin computer on an indoor trainer to function as an extended screen as one feature for me. Nerd Face
May 2, 2015
451 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chatbox wrote: Where can you really use this these days?

Still on a 3 HR Sapphire... Plan to wait for at least the 5X Plus to go on sale...
I am using my Garmin to control my indoor trainer for the plans I have otherwise prepared to ride outside. As the heart rate sensor is very accurate, I am also watching my heart rate trends more closely.. just in case as things are bad outside.
Aug 23, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
Looking to buy a smartwatch. I am not a very sporty person(I can be if I want too and I am fit enough) anymore.
Opinions on this? Or suggestions? I like the idea of Samsung,Apple, Fossil (and look) buy I can't justify buying 400$ watch that last 1 day.
Was thinking of huawei gt2 but its os is very limited.
Jan 5, 2015
24 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! I was waiting for a sale for the Fenix 5, and having the 5X Sapphire at this price was a no brainer. Appreciate you sharing your find!
[OP]
Aug 18, 2014
17 posts
23 upvotes
Fort Nelson, BC
TopherC wrote: Thanks OP! I was waiting for a sale for the Fenix 5, and having the 5X Sapphire at this price was a no brainer. Appreciate you sharing your find!
Enjoy my man, I'm just as excited. Upgrading to this from a Samsung s3 frontier which I used to love until Samsung throttled it with software issues killing the battery life.
Jul 7, 2009
809 posts
403 upvotes
5X is super large .... as much as I think this is a good deal (if it fits) it looks ridiculous on my wrist.

And I'd very much like to have on-device music storage, too bad Fenix5 plus is still unreasonably expensive
Apr 1, 2015
354 posts
113 upvotes
Oakville
im still rocking my 235 hoping one day it will finally stop working so i can upgrade it... not a bad price
Apr 30, 2009
830 posts
770 upvotes
GTA
While the price is good, the tech is old.
Sadly, smartwatches like these follow Moore’s Law. Great if it works for you now, but remember that you are buying old tech and you will need to upgrade sooner vs. buying newer tech. YMMV as always in life.

...says the guy also using an older garmin for right now
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1500 posts
2396 upvotes
UnderKitten wrote: Looking to buy a smartwatch.
I would look elsewhere then. These Garmins will buzz and give you a glimpse of your notifications, but that's about it. These are fitness watches with very light smartwatch features.

That said, if you want a fitness tracker then these are great! Even though the 5X is a generation old, it's still totally fine for fitness tracking. This is a good deal. I own a Fenix 5S and have really liked it.
Aug 23, 2019
68 posts
33 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: I would look elsewhere then. These Garmins will buzz and give you a glimpse of your notifications, but that's about it. These are fitness watches with very light smartwatch features.

That said, if you want a fitness tracker then these are great! Even though the 5X is a generation old, it's still totally fine for fitness tracking. This is a good deal. I own a Fenix 5S and have really liked it.
Id say lm looking for good and somewhat accurate tracking rather than smart stuff(nfc pay would be nice to have though). I dont care about music from smartwatch or message replying.
My main competitor is fitbit versa 2.