[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5725 posts
3245 upvotes

[MEC] July 23 Only - Every Order Ships Free

Free shipping on all orders until July 23, 2019

Offer limited to web and telephone orders shipped Standard Post within Canada
Your order has to meet Canada Post size and weight requirements (no dimension greater than 2m, weight less than 30kg). Oversize items, such as boats will not qualify for free shipping, but most bikes currently ship free
Hazardous goods shipments are not eligible for free shipping
24 replies
Nov 29, 2018
54 posts
67 upvotes
imagine free shipping needing to be a hot deal :(

sad state.

thumbs up though!
Apr 14, 2006
600 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:17 am
Now that's just abusing a retailer...
Lol, ended up filling cart with a boat load of cheap stuff in the ~1$ range but it seems like u need to be a member to purchase? It’s $5 for a lifetime membership.
Apr 14, 2006
600 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Just read up on them and their business model. It’s a “co-op”, very interesting. So the membership is required to shop with them.
Apr 26, 2019
170 posts
232 upvotes
Markham, ON
Simo wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:34 am
Lol, ended up filling cart with a boat load of cheap stuff in the ~1$ range but it seems like u need to be a member to purchase? It’s $5 for a lifetime membership.
Yes, it's a $5 membership. I'd signed up sometime back in university many years ago and I've had great experiences with them.

They don't really have great prices or amazing sales for the most part but they have excellent customer service and stand behind their products (sort of like Costco). And their staff seems to have a good idea about what they carry and can make reasonable recommendations most of the time.
Dec 9, 2014
229 posts
163 upvotes
TorontoTrashPanda wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:17 am
Now that's just abusing a retailer...
They chose not to have a minimum, and surely they would have anticipated such orders when designing this promotion, so I'd assume they want these to happen, for whatever reason. Even beyond that, I have a very hard time believing that anybody could feel sorry for Walmart, Canadian Tire, Amazon, Best Buy and all when their promotions or price matches get taken for any kind of a ride, unless they're severe, unintentional mistakes, and this is trivial. If you're worried about the co-op thing, actions of members should be self-regulated by share performance and the democratic process. That is unless the cooperative can only be categorized as such de jure and then internally acts as a for profit organization like government does, which in turn would be much worse predation of their cust—sorry, members—than any usage of free shipping order could ever be.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, please don't lose any sleep over MEC shelling out three bucks to ship out a tire patch.
Aug 8, 2017
200 posts
74 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Simo wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 8:34 am
Cant find any dollar items. Any ideas?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1282 posts
441 upvotes
Narkham
nicoconda wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 10:45 am
Time to use that $10 voucher I got by email.
I was resisting using this cause I was def going to end up spending more than that $10... this is how they get us LOL
RFD is the reason I live in poverty.
Mar 9, 2011
724 posts
1113 upvotes
Apr 14, 2006
600 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
wahabk1234 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 10:41 am
Cant find any dollar items. Any ideas?
Scroll to the bottom to see a lot of all products. Sort by price edit* low to high
Dec 26, 2010
891 posts
556 upvotes
thanks bought a pair of cycling shoes and i also had a gift card balance that i could use. saves me the trip to having to go to the store!